Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:19:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkLooking to collaborate with coder
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking to collaborate with coder  (Read 3447 times)
Ghostfreak
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2013, 07:44:11 AM »

Hello everyone!

As an FYI I posted this in two forums because while I don't mind paying I'd prefer someone who would join us on this venture in the long run.

A team and I are launching a gaming website and we are seeking a definite coder, with preferably a strong background in photoshop design.

A little about the site:

The site will be focused on gaming editorials but primarily on a weekly humorous web comic featuring a character that has had very positive reception. We recently went to Comicpalooza over the weekend and met with artists and writers who absolutely loved the character, offered to draw him for us and would love to guest write for us in the feature. (Writers included people from Tru TV's 'World's Dumbest' and DC Comics).

We have artists, colorists, designers, writers and everyone is ready we're just missing the site.

What I am looking for:

I would like the coder to have at least a moderate background in Photoshop, if not graphics can be provided but the designer will have to tell us what he or she needs. Such as banners or buttons etc...We do have an excellent designer on hand just not a coder.

The website will also need to be easily managed so if this needs to work hand in hand with a content management system that's fine. We will need sections for different articles concerning games, devices, a comic section, as well as a member portal that will be connected to our Vbulletin forum software.

Depending on what content management system is used or if one is used, and I assume there will be one, the website designer will have to guide us through that us well if at all possible.

The content will consist of articles organized in various categories.

There may be a better way to approach this project. It would be nice if a coder had a strong interest in our characters and chose to stick around for the long run but I'm completely fine with a business-only transaction.

Would you be able to give me a price quote on this or any thoughts or advice on proceeding?

Thanks everyone!
bjadams
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:46:26 AM »

you need a webdesigner not a coder.

iOS & Android developer
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 03:21:47 AM »

you need a webdesigner not a coder.

Yeah, this seems like a job for a webdesigner that know how to set up a CMS.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic