Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:20:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Music (12 Tracks (IWBTG and MondoMedicals NEW))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Music (12 Tracks (IWBTG and MondoMedicals NEW))  (Read 118871 times)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 10:24:29 PM »

I love the Noitu Love one! The Aquaria one, I'm not so sure about. There are some bits where it sounds great, and some bits where it sounds too brash, or too... techno. I would expect a song from Aquaria to be cooler and more organic.

I know that as a fighting game, IB needs its songs to be more 'action-oriented', but I don't think they all have to be quite so strong. If you listen to the music in fighting games, especially Super Smash Bros, you will find some softer tunes as well.

soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 10:37:09 PM »

I was under the same feeling myself - I think something more symphonic in style would be better. On that note, however, I am not looking to recreate SSB style exactly. (:

In fact, I almost feel like this Aquaria track would be better as a credits or something (since that will certainly be a long list)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:09:24 PM by TwiTerror » Logged

hi
shig
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 07:56:51 AM »

One of these /has/ to be included in the next demo.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 08:00:24 AM »

Very nice. I love the Noitu Love tune. I agree with the above posters on the fact that the Aquaria theme seems a little too techno sounding. Other then that everything is sounding great.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 08:23:22 AM »

The Noitu Love theme has blown me away, great job.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »

I want to sex you TewiTerror. Well, at the least sex to your music.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2008, 01:54:23 AM »

Gosh darn Sir, nicely tuned. Especially love the BONESAW theme - best of the bunch. Very, very nice. Aquaria sounds a tad Metal Gear Solid*, but is also nice. Noitu is rather faithful. I think we need these in the next build, quick smart.

Now give someone else a go**, you brilliant guy.

*MORE LIKE METAL GEAR LIQUID YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE OH YEAH please please please don't hurt me.

**I jest! Keep musicking.
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2008, 09:17:09 AM »

*MORE LIKE METAL GEAR LIQUID YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE OH YEAH please please please don't hurt me.

It took me a second... but well played sir. Thanks everyone, glad you like them (:

I have some better ideas for the Aquaria stuff, alas this must wait until xmas break for more.

hi
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »

As I told you, I love you for the Noitu song Twi!

But as someone mentioned MGS, the background music in the song is a lot like the Gekko theme from MGS4!

Not that that's bad in any way. I love that score.
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2008, 11:18:12 AM »

I'll drop this bomb on you guys - I've never played MGS! I do however have the hots for Harry Gregson Williams, so thats probably it.

hi
mirosurabu
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 08:45:33 AM »

What musical style you've been planning for the game?

Is it required to be a remix of a classic?
medieval
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »

It has to be all remix, yes.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2009, 09:59:32 AM »

What Yama said, with the possible exception of the main theme.

Note that the remixed music for a stage doesn't necessarily have to come from the same game. Some games might make excellent stages, but lack good music, so in these cases, it's fine to take the music from another similar game.

In all cases, you need permission from the original composer. This is sometimes the same person that designed the game, but not always.

soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2009, 02:04:03 PM »

In all cases, you need permission from the original composer. This is sometimes the same person that designed the game, but not always.

Be careful, sometimes you need both, and sometimes you need just the permission of game designer, not original composer (depends who owns the copyright). In most cases, for indie games, this is the composer.

hi
M.D.K.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 09:59:07 AM »

I compressed the Noitu love theme to an 87kbps 44100 .ogg
It weights about 1.52 mb but its sounds still really sweet.  Kiss
That or my headphones are decieving me  Noir
joshw-noitulove2-D1.ogg
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone has heard this remix? Sounds like it might be suited to the game and could be worth looking into.
godsavant
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2009, 07:42:54 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone has heard this remix? Sounds like it might be suited to the game and could be worth looking into.
Yes, I think most of us have heard it before, I know Robotaki somewhat. If you read in the Stage Design thread, it actually inspired a personal stage idea. A bit too slow for stage music, but I could ask him to cut/edit it.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »

I sent him a message. We'll see what happens.  Smiley

I don't know how to get in contact with Chris Geehan, the original composer, though.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:04:17 PM by Soulliard » Logged

godsavant
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2009, 08:07:50 PM »

I sent him a message. We'll see what happens.  Smiley

I don't know how to get in contact with Chris Geehan, the original composer, though.

Is that the guy who made the original theme? I think we should as Dan Remar about that.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2009, 09:44:26 PM »

Yes, I think most of us have heard it before, I know Robotaki somewhat. If you read in the Stage Design thread, it actually inspired a personal stage idea. A bit too slow for stage music, but I could ask him to cut/edit it.
I think it works perfectly, just the intro might be a tad bit too long.

Otherwise, this would be perfect stage music. Wizard
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic