Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:20:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Music (12 Tracks (IWBTG and MondoMedicals NEW))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Music (12 Tracks (IWBTG and MondoMedicals NEW))  (Read 118984 times)
BoxAMusic
« Reply #500 on: June 14, 2010, 04:15:46 PM »

I think the Cabadath theme could be a bit fuller, maybe, and have some other instruments in the background.

This was just a starting point but I'll continue with it and do the whole thing with other instruments.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2010, 04:47:58 PM »

Also, I think Battlerager was composing a piece for this level, so I'd check with him first to see if he's still working on it.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 16, 2010, 09:01:16 PM »

I'm working on the Mondo Medicals Stage (it sounds disturbingly cool). Who do I contact for approval? soundofjw?

EDIT: I finished the track. I was going for a dissonant sound that gets more musical over time, in other words, it starts out disturbing and creepy then gets cool sounding.

Here it is. I'm open to any critique.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:26:01 PM by Javet » Logged

The artist formally known as "Javet."
BoxAMusic
« Reply #503 on: June 16, 2010, 10:50:14 PM »

It sounds awsome, it has a perfect build-up and conveys the games atmosphere well. Deffinantly needs to be included! Beer!
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 17, 2010, 02:18:24 AM »

Alright, looking through the topic, I'm a little curious about something.
Do we have a Deathworm stage song or not? I saw somebody made a song for it somewhere, but there's no DW song listed on the song sheet and it's not on the list of finished stage songs. In fact, it's not listed anywhere at all, not on the list of levels with finished songs or on the list of levels that need songs.

If there's a slot needed, I could try to actually do something for this game for once. 'Course, I'd have to figure out how to use Garageband.
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: June 17, 2010, 06:33:14 AM »

I'm working on the Mondo Medicals Stage (it sounds disturbingly cool). Who do I contact for approval? soundofjw?

EDIT: I finished the track. I was going for a dissonant sound that gets more musical over time, in other words, it starts out disturbing and creepy then gets cool sounding.

Sweeeet! I love the white noise in background. My only critique is that it seems a bit short, but then again it does loop.

Now I think it is time to give the MM stage a major makeover to make it fit this track.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 17, 2010, 08:20:37 AM »

Wow, I didn't expect people to like it so much! It's my first track that's ever been in 5/4.

Sir Raptor, I think we already have a Death Worm theme. I think flashygoodness did it.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 17, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »

Sir Raptor, I think we already have a Death Worm theme. I think flashygoodness did it.
Links or it didn't happen.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 17, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »

Well, it seems to have been removed, but I clearly remember listening to it. So, right no I'm not really sure!

Apoz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 17, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »

same here, I love this track ! maybe you could add the voice of shouty guy yelling various quotes from the game in the background ("a cancer is a small piece of death", "how many cancers have your ethics cured ?", etc...)
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 17, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »

Hm... That's a good idea, but I'll make both versions (with voices and without) available in case people don't like it.

EDIT: No. It's WAAAAY to ambiguous and will definently destroy the mood of the music.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:01:47 AM by Javet » Logged

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 17, 2010, 10:31:12 AM »

I was thinking of something similar, but the shouty quotes would be a different part of the background, completely separate from the music. Like a sound effect that randomly plays, say.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 17, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »

Yeah I think that would be better, because it's way too shouty and pretty incomprehensable.

EDIT: I finished the track for IWBTG. It's rather short (slightly under a mnute), but I like it!
Here it is!

EDIT 2: I left out the "But I wanna be the guy!" quote because it's a bit too childish-sounding and whiny.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:27:24 AM by Javet » Logged

thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: June 17, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »

I finished the track for IWBTG. It's rather short (slightly under a mnute), but I like it!
Here it is!
Wow, it's great! You are seriously helping us progress with music. Thanks!  Smiley
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 17, 2010, 12:07:38 PM »

Thanks! Those are the only tracks that were requested in 8-Bit, unless you want something else?

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: June 17, 2010, 03:14:13 PM »

Thank you for reminding me how much I love Mediafire.  Lips Sealed

Jokes aside, the songs both sound pretty good, especially the Mondo Medicals one. Both songs are a little short, so improving the looping would be nice.

Josh Whelchel is maintaining the music database, so you can PM him to have your songs added to the first post. I've already downloaded them, so they can be put in the game either way.

Do we have a Deathworm stage song or not?
Flashygoodness is working on it. You can listen to it here.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 18, 2010, 12:02:52 PM »

I made the IWBTG track slightly longer, and changed up some of the drum parts.
Here it is.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #517 on: June 19, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »

I don't like the first few seconds of the song. It just just sounds kinda... gross. (best word I could think of)
The rest of the song is awesome.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 19, 2010, 06:05:55 AM »

I'll clean it up. I was going for a slap bass sound, but I don't think I got it, haha.

EDIT: Here's an updated version with a revised beginning.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:44:58 AM by Javet » Logged

soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: July 26, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »

Hey all -

Sorry for slacking around here, I've been fairly busy with some projects of my own, but I'm going to make a more adamant effort to patrol here at least once or twice a week.

That said, if you have a track you'd like uploaded, PM ME to do so. Please do this whenever you update a track. This is important so I know to update what we've got in the end.

Also, make sure your tracks are loopable, meaning that reverb trails from the end come back to the beginning. That's important.

Thanks! (;

hi
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic