Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 09:59:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMorty's Adventure Quest : POD LANDING!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Morty's Adventure Quest : POD LANDING!  (Read 1273 times)
devi ever
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:13:10 PM »

video >

The continuing adventures of MORTY.  This is a direct sequel to the game I just finished... Mort's Adventure Quest : ABDUCTED! which you can play here > http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/morty-s-adventure-quest-abducted/14900/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:19:14 PM by devi ever » Logged
devi ever
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 11:14:52 PM »

I woke up this morning dreaming of creating the illusion of falling to the earth in an escape pod using procedural generation... and so I set out to do it!

My first time messing with procedurally generated... well... anything.

Completely amazed I was able to get this to work!   Hand Metal LeftWizard Hand Metal Right

video >

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »

not too shabby. Nice work!

devi ever
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 09:00:01 AM »

Finalizing the last little bit of this part of the game, which will part 1 of a few "levels" in the game.  This first one takes place from the perspective of a control panel of a ship following your decent to the planet, but you control the pod...  I know that's a bit confusing, but it's the cinematic choice I decided to make, so there.  Ninja

Pretty much the goal of this first bit is to just avoid the "clouds / wind current" as much as possible so that the escape pod doesn't explode.

I'm more than likely going to add a few more particle effects and maybe earth entry fire something or other...

The second level will involve the ship behind the pod swooping in and having to pick it up and will have more NES / SNES like graphics and gameplay as compared to this first level that is definitely more Atari-like.  After picking up the escape pod, you'll then control the bigger ship fighting through earth's defensive lower atmosphere droid bots... pretty much a shmup.

I'm not 100% about the view of the final level... I was originally thinking side scroller, but either way, it's going to end with you doing your best to land the ship. Smiley

There's going to be a lot more story-telling elements in this game compared to the last, so there will be a heavy amount of context for exactly what is going on.  I also want to include digital voice overs (albeit very lo-fi sounding and minimal) with this game... but I have to figure out how GM8 deals with MP3s first.

Anyhow.  If you have read this far, thanks for your interest and check back to the first post of this thread where you can play the full game that is the prequel to this one! :D
devi ever
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 11:22:44 AM »

not too shabby. Nice work!

Thanks.  Glad someone is enjoying it.  Wizard Hand Metal Right
devi ever
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 05:07:54 PM »

Added a GUI and playing around if realistic music would fit with such a lo-fi game aesthetic.  Music by me and LongFallBoots.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic