Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 06:02:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGame Maker: What level are you?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Game Maker: What level are you?  (Read 6517 times)
aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »

superb joe: looks like you're a vet on these boards but I gotta request that if you don't have anything useful or relevant to add to this thread to not post. I'd rather not read through posts of borderline trollish banter.

EDIT/UPDATE: yeah.... border crossed.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:58:07 PM by aberrantmind » Logged

FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2013, 03:35:40 PM »

Well I think it's a very potent metaphor.
Demon Lizardman
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2013, 03:44:20 PM »

Level 2, I wanted to get more into GML, but that never happened. Just decided to become ana artist instead.

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »

I've somehow transcended into a level 10 wizard by bobo's standards, somehow.

Not that that ever helped me make the game I want to make.  Durr...?
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »

mak gam, not war
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2013, 03:59:18 PM »

yes exactly  Wizard
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2013, 04:01:47 PM »

superb joe: looks like you're a vet on these boards but I gotta request that if you don't have anything useful or relevant to add to this thread to not post. I'd rather not read through posts of borderline trollish banter.
For a time, I wondered. Does he possess that spark of self awareness? Does he know the weight of his acts? Could it be that he is dense? Mayhaps he is "slow" or similar. I retired to my study, a trash can in Trenton, New Jersey, that smells faintly of urine and bread. I conduct myself with the false decorum befitting a politician. I do so at all times. When I arise at an hour most unsociable to empty my bowels of fetid foodstuffs, I do so wearing a necktie. Why has this man thrust such an indignity upon me? What is gained, what purpose is served by wearing the shackles of the troll, to be handed this yellow star by an unknowable other? I look to the night sky and think:

"I love anime"

How empty those words seemed to me now. My feet fall upon the pavement, trudging ever forward, and now they do so without the purpose which had driven them the uncountable occasions prior. Who am I? What Game Maker Level have I attained? Have I been dragged and dropped upon this cruel, unfeeling world without reason? From here in Trenton, it certainly appears that way.

But looks can be deceiving. I came upon a village elder, a man of sinew, bone, hair, and little else. But he was a man possessed of an indomitable spirit. A man whose footsteps I now gladly trace, and tread so gingerly so as not to skew the perfection of his indelible impression upon this hellish fartscape. He offered me tea, sympathy, and a deep understanding of the Star Craft video game. He taught me how to love and what an array is. I still don't know his name. He said it didn't matter.

I look now to the sky and it seems not so hollow. The stars twinkle, but though the sight is beautiful I know this to be their sad cry. They know one of their ranks is missing, and they call for him. Little do they know that he has fallen upon our rock, to illuminate the darkest depths of man's soul. From the place that most needs spiritual nourishment, New Jersey, he radiates a soulful warmth that makes us smile, inwardly, and also outwardly, at times. Know that as we stand in Target waiting to pay for our goods, he could also be there, but more likely, he is waiting, watching. Perhaps watching Star Craft 2 on the twitch.tv website on the internet. But waiting nontheless.

Through his eyes we have been measured, weighed in the balance, and his conclusions are unknown for us. Until such time as his starlit brethren come to repatriate him to the heavens, I ask that you refrain from calling me a troll, lest we be found wanting, as a people, and face celestial wrath. Thank you.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »

Postscript: fuck you
poe
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2013, 05:54:30 PM »

Superb Joe, I have to ask that when you think things you post them immediately. I wouldn't want any of your genius to be forgot.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic