Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:04:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsI've finished Derek's amazing tutorials, where can I learn from now?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: I've finished Derek's amazing tutorials, where can I learn from now?  (Read 4536 times)
aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »

gm studio comes with the ref manual in the help menu. maybe try making a pdf of stuff as you read throughit the first time? Or copy the original files into a cloud and open it in your phone browser. I usually make pdfs of what I'm studying so I can print it out to take notes andupdate it once my notes get hard to follow. If you're reading on a phone, would be good to make your own so you can format it properly, also you can get an annotation app to keep track of your notes more easily.

Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »

Thats an awesome idea.  Kinda right in front of my face, eh?
I'm going to do so.

If you want it done close to right, ask others and then do it yourself.

Thanks.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
csanyk
Level 0

I like pugs.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 02:41:35 PM »

I have a question I'll add here as well.  I have been looking for the most current manual for GameMaker: Studio. 

http://docs.yoyogames.com

About all I could come up with was a bunch of GM8 and GM8.1 manuals noting that Studio is like 80% different in its functions or somesuch. 

More like 80-90% same.  There are differences -- new features and obsolete functions.  Importing old projects that rely on the obsolete functions doesn't work so well, but if you steer clear of those functions, it's more like 99% compatible.

Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 11:54:11 AM »

Thank you.  Between the few hours before and after work lately, you have saved me time.  Thank you.  I was going to convert the .chm file to a .pdf but this works even better.  Again, thank you.  I defs am reading this over and over. 

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic