Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:49:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookHerbert West in 'Carrion Re-animating!' [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Herbert West in 'Carrion Re-animating!' [FINISHED]  (Read 59408 times)
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2008, 04:59:09 AM »

Also the useless options menu option was removed about 5 versions ago Grin if you have that menu option it's a pretty good indication that your version is one of the troubled versions we did on the night of the deadline.

Fluroarmadillo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2008, 05:03:03 AM »

Also the useless options menu option was removed about 5 versions ago Grin if you have that menu option it's a pretty good indication that your version is one of the troubled versions we did on the night of the deadline.

Ohhh

That explains a lot.

You should put it back in. It amused me no end Tongue

Most think a Dark Knight quote in a signature is soo cliched; but "Why so Serious?"
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2008, 05:04:05 AM »

:D

unfortunately that's the fella that went up on the torrent. Probably won't run on 90% of people's machines. Sad

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2008, 12:36:48 PM »

After turning off the v-sync in the registry (old crappy version, will update now), the game ran super smooth. I don't know why this was on to begin with?

Fluroarmadillo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »

ahh I grabbed the torrent. Where's the latest version please?

Most think a Dark Knight quote in a signature is soo cliched; but "Why so Serious?"
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2008, 01:35:16 AM »

http://www.lemmyandbinky.com/Lovecraft/setup.exe

@Hideous: You get horrible sheering on most people's PCs with VSync turned off, we obviously wanted to have these things in options menu but didn't get time so in the end tried to strike a balance in the default settings.

We'll add something to the first post about it though.

Thanks!

lemmy

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2008, 04:59:59 AM »

The presentation is astounding and amusing. I love the Narration. Not nearly enough narration in games these days. Especially of that sinister calibre.

Unfortunately, I have a rather debilitating problem: I can't seem to shake of the zombies, no matter how hard I hit CTRL. Is it simply my technique? Or is this a bug?
captainbinky
Level 0

My dog's got no nose...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2008, 05:24:53 AM »

Thanks Gainsworthy! Smiley

Shaking off zombies should just be a case of hammering CTRL a few times rapidly, but it can be harder to do if the frame rate is low. If this is the case, then doing the RegEdit changes Lemmy mentioned...

if you try going into regedit HK_LOCALMACHINE/Software/Zombie Cow/ you should find settings for graphic detail. Try setting this to 0 or 1 and it may run smoother. We never got time for an options menu Sad

...to lower the graphic settings might make things easier.

lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2008, 06:08:33 AM »

Also worth pointing out that it's left ctrl, this isn't clear and it should work on both, but it doesn't. Whoops! I was meant to fix that! Wink

aba380
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2008, 11:28:37 PM »

I am in trouble, it can not run in my computer.

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
We're sorry. Something went wrong. Sad
Press Ctrl-C to copy error report and post on Zombie-Cow forums (http://www.zombie-cow.com) and we'll try and get it working for you:

Unverifiable code failed policy check. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131402)   at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)

at netz.NetzStarter.GetAssembly(Byte[] data)

at netz.NetzStarter.GetAssemblyByName(String name)

at netz.NetzStarter.NetzResolveEventHandler(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)

at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(String assemblyFullName)

at BMXEngine.BMXAudioSystem.Init(String audioEnginePath, String waveBankPath, String soundBankPath)

at Carrion.Program.Main(String[] args)
Kua
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »

There was an awful lot to like about this game (when was this competition announced - how long did you have to work on it?) I loved the humour, it really hit the spot for me. The narration was fantastic as was the art style and general atmosphere. And that kept me smiling and kept me playing. As has been said elsewhere the gameplay didn't grab me which definitely hurts the longevity. Hmm I'd love to be more constructive in that critique - I'll aim to get back to you on that! Also even simple things like the game score at the end were lacking in intuitiveness. But I really had fun and that's always how I judge a game!
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »

Thanks Kua! Smiley I understand where you're coming from, after all the actual gameplay is quite simple. We just had the idea and ran with it, we'd have liked to have more depth, different levels and such, with different mechanics and more of a story to add more variety to the gameplay. We've got plenty of ideas and are looking into putting it onto XBox with more things at some point. :D

Thanks again!

l&b&zc

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic