Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:47:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkProgrammer and Artist looking to team up with Writer, Game designer and Composer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer and Artist looking to team up with Writer, Game designer and Composer  (Read 2640 times)
jquave
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2013, 10:11:01 AM »

Hello, two industry vets looking to team up on a collaboration here.

I am a programmer/producer. I've been writing games for about 10 years as a hobby, and did 3 or 4 professional projects while running a studio in New Orleans. I'm looking to get more in to the fun of making games doing programming and game design along with my friend Josh.

Josh is a 2d/3d artist with industry experience. He has worked on and released AAA titles for Xbox 360, some mobile games, and web titles.

We're interested in doing rich story-driven games with well composed music, so if you're interested in either of these roles let me know in this thread.

The main things I'm looking for are

1) Demonstrated past work in your field that we can see
2) Interest in making innovative games, trying new concepts
3) Reasonable means to actually work on the project. You don't have to share this publicly but some basic background on your professional life and how much time you have to dedicate to the project. Knowing your age also helps
4) An interest in developing a product that has selling potential

We would ultimately like to build and release a quality game that generates enough profit to keep working on more titles without going broke!

Some stuff we've worked on in the past:

Reactor HD iPad game, in the process of being re-released through a publisher

Gremlin Empire, one of our first iOS games together. This was long enough ago that we had to write our own engine for iOS. We frankly spent too much time there.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gremlin-empire/id320150823?mt=8
http://www.gamespot.com/gremlin-empire/

Miree is a prototype of a game concept which doesn't yet have art, but I've been working on to test out concepts. Unity 3D
http://www.kongregate.com/games/jquave/miree-prelude

JohnB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »

Yes to all four! I'm a freelance writer who has been working in the gaming industry for a decade. I've contributed to about half a dozen games, including full scripts for two projects currently in production. Actually, the most recent script was for a TIGSource forum member.

Working with a dedicated team on a good story-driven game is precisely what I'm looking for. Time commitment isn't an issue, as this is pretty much what I do for a living. I'll send you a PM with more details. My resume is also linked from my signature below.

I'm a writer. I write words for games. Example: Bitcoin Billionaire, Freaking Meatbags.
jquave
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »

Yes to all four! I'm a freelance writer who has been working in the gaming industry for a decade. I've contributed to about half a dozen games, including full scripts for two projects currently in production. Actually, the most recent script was for a TIGSource forum member.

Working with a dedicated team on a good story-driven game is precisely what I'm looking for. Time commitment isn't an issue, as this is pretty much what I do for a living. I'll send you a PM with more details. My resume is also linked from my signature below.

PM'd you!
SNN135
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 03:20:22 PM »

I sent you a private message, but I figured a post here would be appropriate as well. I've been composing music for several years now and I only recently started trying to actually find a development team who could utilize my abilities. I can safely answer "yes" to all four of the questions you have posed, and if you are in fact still in need of someone to write music, I can happily send you a portfolio/any other information you may need.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic