Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412074 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58484 Members - Latest Member: bigdog243

June 26, 2024, 04:32:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSTETIK SAVES FRIEND
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: STETIK SAVES FRIEND  (Read 8952 times)
ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 08:02:18 PM »

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »

I need you to post about this game more often, please. It looks promising.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Yanrishatum
Level 0

Bowl of Soup

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 11:36:09 PM »

Actually, it's a 2-bit game. Because you have transparent color in sprites Tongue And you even have one more free bit for additional color! :D
ompuco
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2014, 11:51:53 PM »

Actually, it's a 2-bit game. Because you have transparent color in sprites Tongue And you even have one more free bit for additional color! :D
it's presented as 1-bit. The actual visual scheme is entirely binary to the end user; each pixel will either render as completely black or completely white; a single binary (0vs1) color scale. That is what the term refers to, and this project was developed around the idea of doing the visual concept justice. The assets do make use of alpha and white to clean up the picture using a method simpler than programming dynamic outlines (since objects in front of objects do need a method to contrast eachother), but that's entirely behind-the-scenes and not part of the final presentation.

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 11:07:58 AM »

Soooooo, is this thing just on temporary hold? It looks so good It'd would be a shame to see it go.

ompuco
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 04:15:33 PM »

Soooooo, is this thing just on temporary hold? It looks so good It'd would be a shame to see it go.
For a while it got put on hold as life just got pretty busy in general, but I'm currently back to work on stuff for it and have been getting in touch with my partner on this project who's been developing an engine for his own project that we'll fork off of for this, and we set a deadline to get a demo done by May to submit for Indiecade. Hopefully soon I'll have some nice new content to post here, and there are a few new things I finished that I could share now, but I don't want to post too many more teasers until we have a decent tech demo ready at least.

I may be looking for musicians at some point since I'm not too confident in using my own music work, but I do have a number of people I'm thinking of contacting mainly cause I think this project could really benefit from some of their styles of work, though I won't get too into that right now.

ompuco
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »

benjkers
Level 0

digging for precious games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2017, 11:10:43 PM »

digging on that corruption, and the resumed progress update Hand Thumbs Up Left

Pages: 1 [2]