Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 03:28:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnimals In Mild Exigency!! - a Lemmings/Tamagotchi/puzzle game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Animals In Mild Exigency!! - a Lemmings/Tamagotchi/puzzle game  (Read 3377 times)
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 12:45:47 PM »

Woah, Friday already?

Going as fast as I can. Spitting out levels and polish. Struggling with bugs, unfortunately. The item drop/rewiring systems have balance issues too. Can I panic now?
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

There, 90%. Toast Right

Today's headlines: screw deadlines! They just cause stress and make me rush valuable details. I'm going to take it easy with the last 10% and do it without pressure, because after all, this is ultimately meant to be a fun summer vacation project.

Things left:
- Proper saving. Christ, things like these make me grumpy towards Flash development sometimes. If there were some way to record a game state and put it in a file (see: Python's pickle module) - instead of storing primitives manually as if it was actually a DOS game - the world would be beautiful.
- Balance. This game is basically about layers of gameplay that can communicate (hence Lemmings/Tamagotchi/puzzle), so simply making a level isn't enough, it takes some playtesting so that I can be sure you can't "sequence break" too much.*
- Bugfixes. Some game state code started bugging out because of my short-sighted way of handling those. I'm not going to make a public build before that's more modular.
- Some graphics/sounds and various 5-minute additions like an audio mute/unmute button.
(- Kongregate integration. I'll save it for last and give you guys an otherwise finished build before that.)

*Wolves start roaming the world if they survive a rescue zone, and sometimes there's no way to kill them in their native zone. Since you have the ability to reconnect levels, you can change their paths and trap them all, winning the game. If you're careless, they can invade safe zones, which takes you further from the goal. So it's a territory control puzzle on the top "layer". Clearing zones and having bunnies find items are means of reaching that goal, and each of these layers has an effect on the others. It's delightfully cool and weird and game-designy.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic