Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:10:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDropsy: A Surreal Exploration Based Adventure Game
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Dropsy: A Surreal Exploration Based Adventure Game  (Read 12864 times)
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 04:46:35 PM »

Hey Jay, I really enjoy the art style can't wait to get the full immersion of playing it.  Who, Me?

Thanks!

Just launched the KICKSTARTER!  Hand Money Left Cheesy Hand Money Right

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy-a-surreal-exploration-based-adventure-game

Dropsy!

Hypnospace Outlaw - You're a cop/moderator of the future-internet, which looks suspiciously like Geocities. Also you have a sweet car.
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »

I'm thinking of making the "figure out what the symbols mean" thing be a part of the puzzle solving. It fits in because Dropsy, by his nature, is a terrible communicator.
This sounds awesome. I wasn't initially onboard, but then I figured out how the dialogue system works and I'm onboard.

I could also do some kind of soundtrack contribution (I would love to try to do something vaguely Earthbound-like) but I understand if there are already enough cooks in the kitchen and all that.

Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 06:54:11 PM »

I'm thinking of making the "figure out what the symbols mean" thing be a part of the puzzle solving. It fits in because Dropsy, by his nature, is a terrible communicator.
This sounds awesome. I wasn't initially onboard, but then I figured out how the dialogue system works and I'm onboard.

I could also do some kind of soundtrack contribution (I would love to try to do something vaguely Earthbound-like) but I understand if there are already enough cooks in the kitchen and all that.

There are TONS of cooks in the kitchen right now. I'm thinking of making Dropsy's dream world have music by me and some of the other auxiliary guys, and then having Chris Schlarb do most of the worldmap/normal music. That way we could have as many contributors as we want.  Smiley

Dropsy!

Hypnospace Outlaw - You're a cop/moderator of the future-internet, which looks suspiciously like Geocities. Also you have a sweet car.
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »

New trailer up! Make sure you switch it to 720p before watching!

Dropsy!

RetsamugA
Level 0

indie game developer agumaster-games.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 03:37:51 PM »

ooo im really curious about this great thing. I love things with a high level of innovation and bizzarreness. I watched the kickstarter video, and you are a bizzarre human being too, the type of person who makes a crazy awesome game. The art style is really cool.

world is full of invisible beautiful things
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 05:37:59 PM »

ooo im really curious about this great thing. I love things with a high level of innovation and bizzarreness. I watched the kickstarter video, and you are a bizzarre human being too, the type of person who makes a crazy awesome game. The art style is really cool.

Thanks man. I'm just trying to make the best game I can. Smiley

Dropsy!

Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 08:06:24 AM »

The Kickstarter made it to 50% with almost $12,500. I'll be re-launching in a few weeks. I want to get more of the game ready to show before that.

I've been estimating exactly how many assets I'll need to finish the game. The backgrounds are, by far, going to take the most time. There are around 170 'screens' planned for the game. The native res is 256*144. That's 36864 pixels per screen.
36864*170 = 6,266,880 pixels total. Whooops.

Sounds bad, but it isn't thaaat crazy. I can pump out two 'screens' a day, and many of them share the same parallax layers.

Dropsy!

Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »

<- Here's a video I made a while ago elaborating on Dropsy's open world elements. Smiley

Dropsy!

Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »

Just a little background art from Dropsy's ramshackle deconstructed circus tent/trailer home. Smiley Working on getting another Kickstarter campaign going too.

Dropsy!

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »

This is very pretty. You art good.
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 06:19:56 AM »

Pixelling live! http://www.twitch.tv/jaytholen

Dropsy!

Excy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 07:51:19 AM »

Watching your stream right now, under the name Silentlyundying Smiley Your pixel art is beautiful! Whatever happened to the kickstarter?

Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 10:57:56 AM »

Watching your stream right now, under the name Silentlyundying Smiley Your pixel art is beautiful! Whatever happened to the kickstarter?

It failed to meet it's goal, unfortunately. I'm currently working on a playable demo to send to the press. I think not having any gameplay to show was my biggest weakness.

Here's part of the live pixel arting if you guys missed it:

Dropsy!

Excy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 12:14:20 AM »

It failed to meet it's goal, unfortunately. I'm currently working on a playable demo to send to the press. I think not having any gameplay to show was my biggest weakness.

Here's part of the live pixel arting if you guys missed it:

Good luck!

Oh yay :D I'll watch it when I'm bored

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 08:27:04 AM »

This looks really awesome, and that "machinarium" touch (all visual, no words) is perfect in my opinion  Beer!
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 02:53:15 PM »

Just finished almost all of the art for what will eventually become a prototype/demo for press exposure. Dropsy has the creepiest/most Lynchian bathroom ever. Smiley

This looks really awesome, and that "machinarium" touch (all visual, no words) is perfect in my opinion  Beer!

Thanks! I love Machinarium, though mechanically (haw haw) it's quite different than Dropsy.

Dropsy!

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2013, 01:32:12 AM »

OH MAN i forgot how disturbinnnnnnnnnng dropsy is. glad to see you are back rolling with it though!

to everyone: Jay's music is next level fantastic too, so this is going to be a real treat. an unsettling hand-less clown shaped treat.

Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »

OH MAN i forgot how disturbinnnnnnnnnng dropsy is. glad to see you are back rolling with it though!

to everyone: Jay's music is next level fantastic too, so this is going to be a real treat. an unsettling hand-less clown shaped treat.

Thanks James!  Coffee Dropsy is a bastion of purity and goodness in a grotesque world.  Grin

PS - Here are a few scenes from the game I just completed:

Dropsy!

Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 06:05:50 PM »

Coffee New update showing my simple little dynamic music system, as well as part of Dropsy's Dreamworld: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imws7w2mGa4&feature=youtu.be Coffee

Dropsy!

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, 07:53:33 PM »

Hey everybody, in case you missed it, there's a new Kickstarter for this.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic