Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:31:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Few Game Prototypes I've Made
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Few Game Prototypes I've Made  (Read 1680 times)
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2013, 03:57:42 PM »

Hi everyone! So similar to many other people on these boards it is my dream to make a game. I've made a few prototypes, each with a (in my opinion at least) unique little twist on a pretty standard mechanic.  I'd really love feedback on which of the games, if any, show any potential, advice on moving forward and just general feedback.
The link is http://www.scirra.com/users/levelupjordan People see to say the best ones are Which Way Down, Heads Will Roll and Biteized if you haven't the time to try them all.
Thanks for taking the time to read this Smiley
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:08:27 PM by LevelUpJordan » Logged
Fetus Commander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 06:47:36 PM »

I like the concept of Duo Duel a lot.  Do you plan to have the arrows change during the level or something like that?  I feel like a larger level grid, with terrain features and whatnot, and changing tiles (or even tiles that the player can change somehow) would make this really fun
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 07:08:42 PM »

I could, I was a bit worried about it getting too small to tell what's going on though, I can play around with it I suppose. The shifting midgame is a great idea, thanks! Did you get a chance to try any of the other games? even if you dislike them I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for your time!
Silent Singer
Level 0

15k forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 02:36:34 PM »

I think Which Way Down is a great idea! Its quite a simple concept but you could get really complex with the levels and the gameplay was fun enough to keep me playing it as well. I think that could be expanded into a brilliant casual game.  Smiley
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »

Thanks! I tried to design it to be pretty adaptable for more casual devices like iOS by only needing one input (I hate virtual buttons). Did you get a chance to try any of the other games, any feedback/criticism is appreciated.
Once again, thanks for taking a minute to help
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 11:55:33 PM »

Heads Will Roll was good, but I actually liked Brix better. It felt a lot more polished.
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 12:55:51 AM »

Cool, thanks for your feedback. I prefer BRIX too (hate the name though) but the general consensus of people I ask preferred Heads Will Roll, it's no bad thing people like the different games I've made.  Same request as everyone else, if you get a chance I'd love to hear what you think of my other prototypes Smiley
Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 08:00:36 AM »

haha some really simple but effective game designs you have here, i like it!

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »

Thanks for your help Smiley Were there any in particular you thought had the most promise? I'm trying to decide which of them to spend more time on, thanks again
Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 06:53:31 AM »

i think the gravity based one button platformer. i can imagine you can come up with really cool mechanics here.

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
thewizisthebiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »

hey constructor,

These were all interesting sketches.

I thought there was a nice conceptual link between Brix and Charcoal Briquettes...it almost seems like the two could be combined? It could be fun/challenging as a cooperative piece? Or, it could also just simply be the continued—and humorously literal—interpretation of the adage "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing". I def. felt my brain being exercised trying to do the Left-hand-X-axis/Right-hand-Y-axis thing. It could be a really fun co-op tablet thing I think. I would love to frantically slap someones hand away to get more of the slack in Brix.
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 09:46:11 AM »

Thanks! Yeah, I may have been running low on ideas at the time. I'm expanding Which Way Down, after that I'm planning to make a Brick Breaking game featuring Heads Will Roll, BRIX and charcoal brickettes (they have awful names)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic