Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:08:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsQuantum Offensive
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Quantum Offensive  (Read 591 times)
CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2013, 08:02:50 PM »

Hi there, Tigsource! I'm here to show you my progress on my latest game project: Quantum Offensive. My vision for the game is that it will be a 2D top-down vertical scrolling Shmup style game with an 80s retro-futuristic kind of theme. Game mechanics (which I am still fleshing out) are to be heavily inspired by the physical nature of light and quantum particles.

For instance different colours of 'bullets' not only denote how powerful the shot might be but also determine whether they pass through or bounce off of a surface. If the bullet passes through a surface, refraction might have some effect on the particle. I've come up with quite a long list of interesting game mechanics that might work well - but I can't know for sure until I try them out!

So, enough talk from me. Here are a few sprites that I put together as concept art:

I'm not much of an artist but I think they turned out better than expected. Let me know what you think! (or don't, I know you're busy. Wink)

Now to crack on with a prototype. I'm going to set myself a deadline of 11:59PM (GMT), Friday to have something you guys can play with. Until then, thanks for reading!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic