Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:05:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookVerge (27 Life and Death) [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Verge (27 Life and Death) [FINISHED]  (Read 113186 times)
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 08:59:46 PM »

Well its there in the first post.  HAVE FUN.
Aaron P
Level 0

!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »

Wow. I'm in awe. The mechanic which drives this game could not carry the message of the entry you chose any better than it does. *Spoiler if you havent played* It works like a 2D Soul Reaver, and does so with magnificent results*end Spoiler*

The music also carrys the atmosphere well. Kudos, top notch entry sir.  Beer!
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2008, 10:06:21 PM »

Wow. I'm in awe. The mechanic which drives this game could not carry the message of the entry you chose any better than it does. *Spoiler if you havent played* It works like a 2D Soul Reaver, and does so with magnificent results*end Spoiler*

The music also carrys the atmosphere well. Kudos, top notch entry sir.  Beer!

Thanks very much! Grin
azeo
Level 1

Blank slate!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 12:43:47 AM »

At a point, I just got frustrated and quit, but only because i didn't want to see my character die. Great game.
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 12:44:02 AM »

I downed like 20 rice krispy treats tonight to get this shit done.

Programming + Sugarhigh = Verge (27 Life and DeatH)

I like it. The underworld concept BLEW MY FREAKIN' MIND MAN.

___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 12:46:51 AM »

At a point, I just got frustrated and quit, but only because i didn't want to see my character die. Great game.

Haha, awesome... I think? ;p

I downed like 20 rice krispy treats tonight to get this shit done.

Programming + Sugarhigh = Verge (27 Life and DeatH)

I like it. The underworld concept BLEW MY FREAKIN' MIND MAN.

Yeah! Grin
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 01:04:32 AM »

Fun, man. This has got a vote from me.  Naturally, I'm paranoid whenever I'm in the underworld, because things want to eat me and sometimes they come from the ground and I NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY'LL SHOW UP OH GOD THEY WANT TO EAT ME.

I love it.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 01:38:43 AM »

This is incredible.  Shocked
Saker
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 02:11:54 AM »

this is what i call "oh my god , get me out of this place " game  Shocked  Tears of Joy

i haven't beaten it yet tho  Lips Sealed
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 04:59:12 AM »

This game is definitely a keeper. Nice concept, pretty graphics, pleasing music and good level design Smiley
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 06:33:57 AM »

Fantastic game! I loved the part at the third(forth?) level when the two worlds meet!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2008, 06:40:13 AM »

This game is very, very good. Please work on it more after the compo is finished!

-I couldn't figure out what those black things in the underworld were, and I was kind of annoyed when I figured out what they did do.

-Walls currently look a bit lacking. They have no detail at all, unlike the platforms and blocks.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2008, 06:55:10 AM »

This game is very, very good. Please work on it more after the compo is finished!

-I couldn't figure out what those black things in the underworld were, and I was kind of annoyed when I figured out what they did do.

-Walls currently look a bit lacking. They have no detail at all, unlike the platforms and blocks.

Yes, I'll try to do some updates over the next few days, but I put at least 70 hours into this game over the past week so I'm a little exhausted.  I'll try to figure out something with the black things that float around.  I know that one friend of mine thought they were good, like the things that fly around in Prey after you die and you shoot to get health back... but that is not the case.

The walls indeed dont have any detail, but given the amount of time I had, I was literally placing tiles until the last minute and so I couldn't afford to have many details...

Fantastic game! I loved the part at the third(forth?) level when the two worlds meet!

Awesome!  :D

This game is definitely a keeper. Nice concept, pretty graphics, pleasing music and good level design Smiley

Thanks man, that means a lot!

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. Grin  Now I'm going to sleep for like... 20 hours.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2008, 10:26:13 AM »

Heheh, awesome concept, and very well executed!
I don't think I've got anything else to say that hasn't been said, except that those blue lizard enemies were really cute (I always feel bad about having to kill cute enemies), and that it took me a while to figure out how to exit the end screen with my time on it.

Good show!
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2008, 12:06:12 PM »

Holy shit this game is badass Shocked.  The graphics and gameplay are both excellent.  And the puzzles are nicely designed.  Okay, now this one is going to the top of my list.  Best one so far.

The only issue I had was the slowdown, but that's pretty typical with GM games on my computer.  It wasn't as bad as some GM games though.  It was at least playable, for which I am thankful, because if I'd missed out on this game I would have been sad Sad

it took me a while to figure out how to exit the end screen with my time on it.

Oh, you can do that?  I tried Esc, Alt-F4, Z, Enter, nothing.  I finally had to end-task it because I thought it crapped out.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »

I think it's enter.

As a last effort, I tried typing out my time as it read on the screen, and enter was the last thing I pressed.

...But it's probably just enter.

That, or it somehow timed out right at that moment.  I dunno.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 12:25:28 PM »

Awesome game, very clever. I love the super jump you can do while changing worlds Smiley

The only thing I'd revise is the regular jump. Feels a bit weird to me, though I'm not sure why - maybe the apex should last longer?
Aaron P
Level 0

!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »

I love the super jump you can do while changing worlds Smiley

This. It freaking blew my mind when I super jumped so far into the underworld that weird black orbs started forming and I thought I was sinking straight into hell. I almost got a little scared as it happened.  Shocked
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2008, 07:02:56 PM »

It looks awesome, has a great little song and great concept. Grin

However it does slow down things for me quite a bit, especially with the particle effect, and I don't usually have problems with them even in GM games. Maybe you could look around for way to optimize stuff.

Hope to see more of this. Beer!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2008, 07:17:14 PM »

Xerus! This is wonderful. Pretty and clever and convolouted, but never frustrating. I too loved traversing from one world to the other physically, rather than... spiritually? Never figured out what the underworld monsters did, but I figure it's a Bad Thing.

It feels rather complete and polished, although if you want to work further on it, I highly encourage. You've got my vote!

Beer!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic