Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 01:11:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLast Jungle In Sector 17 - Looking for alpha testers (browser game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Last Jungle In Sector 17 - Looking for alpha testers (browser game)  (Read 802 times)
yodalr
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2013, 05:50:39 AM »

Last Jungle In Sector 17 is an action strategy indie game still under development. We are now in alpha stage, you can check the it out here:

url: http://ljis17.com/alpha/
username: tester
password: afasfk21

Known bugs:
Sometimes enemy and allied crafts like to get a fight on in the deep space, and therefore it may appear that no events are firing. If this happens, go grab a coffee or surf some reddit - they should resolve their problems at one time.

Difficulty:
We will bring an easy game mode, right now it's kind of hard-core.

After you have played the game, can you please report us back with the following:

#0 Your OS
#1 Your screen resolution
#2 Were you able to beat the game
#3 Time it took for you to beat it first time
#4 Time it took before you got bored / or you RQ-ed
#5 Things you didn't like in the game
#6 Things you liked about the game
#7 Things you suggest we should improve.

I hope you will have fun testing our game.
8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »

Just played. I didn't get very far, it's incredibly difficult to control.

Windows 7
1366 x 768
Didn't beat it, don't plan on trying again.
6 minutes.
I didn't like how WASD movement was relative to the direction the ship is facing. It would be much easier to have those keys always send you in a specific direction regardless of which way your facing.
I also didn't like the corny dialog.

The Asteroid style game isn't really my thing, so maybe take that with a grain of salt.
yodalr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »

Just played. I didn't get very far, it's incredibly difficult to control.

Windows 7
1366 x 768
Didn't beat it, don't plan on trying again.
6 minutes.
I didn't like how WASD movement was relative to the direction the ship is facing. It would be much easier to have those keys always send you in a specific direction regardless of which way your facing.
I also didn't like the corny dialog.

The Asteroid style game isn't really my thing, so maybe take that with a grain of salt.

Thank you for your feedback. We are trying out new WASD movement, the one u just described.

What kind of dialogue would you hope from this kind of game and which parts felt most corny to you personally?
8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 06:51:54 PM »

Honestly, I'm not looking for quality dialog in a game like this. In an arcade-y game its just the mechanics I'm worried about, dialog could be good or bad I don't really care. It's inconsequential until I have to click through it before I get to play.
yodalr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 09:05:26 AM »

Thank you for your feedback, we have already created a skip button, so u can skip all future dialogue (that version is not live yet though).
Maunomau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 07:22:31 AM »

I tried this for a bit and so:
#0 Your OS
Win7

#1 Your screen resolution
1366x768

#2 Were you able to beat the game
no

#4 Time it took before you got bored / or you RQ-ed
Until the teleporting enemy that I couldn't kill(is it intentional that there isn't any dialogue after the AI or whatever says "investigating" about the teleporting enemy?) I tried it several times and while I occasionally managed to push the enemy around and noticed that sometimes if I don't open fire he won't shoot at me or teleport but as nothing seemed to work I decided to give up.

#5 Things you didn't like in the game
no sound, sometimes the ship stops responding to mouse movement for a while

#6 Things you liked about the game
The dialogue. Missiles that recharge are interesting and makes me actually use them.

#7 Things you suggest we should improve.
I think the controls might be nicer if there was just forward and stop buttons(or since I never really even used stop button just forward) the mouse is enough for changing directions and such.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic