Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:20:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkYume Nikki Fangame Project: Cold
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Yume Nikki Fangame Project: Cold  (Read 3162 times)
Nitrosparxx
Level 0

Electro Musician

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »

Hello again everyone! Alright, so it dawned on me that my previous idea was a little bit overambitious, so I've decided to move on and share with you another idea I've had, namely a Yume Nikki Fangame, with a little bit of a twist:

Cold is to be a Yume Nikki Fangame that will blend the traditional yume nikki elements with RPG elements, as well as a story.

In Cold you play as a Lizardman, named “Jack”, who after having a bad day returns home to sleep. Whist sleeping, he begins to have nightmares about four people from his past who have ruined his life in some way. The four people who have betrayed him are his ex-girlfriend, his former boss, his father-in-law, and his best friend.

When you arrive at the nexus, there will be four paths (one being opened, and the other three closed) and when you walk down one, you’ll be greeted with three doors that lead into the surreal yume nikki like environments. For each landscape within a door, there is an item known as a "Psyche" which is a glowing orb. Collect all three and it will open up a fourth door leading into a boss battle. Once the boss is beaten, you will unlock another path in the nexus and continue through there (So just to clarify: Nexus -> Pathway -> The Three Doors -> collect all three psyche’s -> unlock a boss door -> unlock another path -> repeat). After beating all four bosses, a door will open up in the nexus hub that will lead to the final boss. Also in the various areas behind the doors, there are random NPC's that will walk around, but more importantly there will be enemies that will also patrol around too. All enemies are presented as either a red wisp with yellow eyes (basic enemy, either alone or in a group), yellow wisp with green eyes (small enemy, usually in groups of three) or a black wisp with purple eyes (large enemy, always alone). There's also an ever omnipresent shopkeeper, from whom you can buy items, armor, and weaponry. These can only be used and equipped while in the dream worlds. 

Speaking of which, you can also wake up and interact with the real world. If you fall in battle in the dream world, you'll be immediately sucked back into the real world, where you can replenish your health (by taking a bath) and your MP (by getting a drink from the fridge). You can also save your game (by talking on the phone), and customize your menu settings (by using the computer).

Like other Yume Nikki Games, there are effects to collect that change your shape and allows you to do a certain action. The effects in Cold are meant to serve as a way to solve puzzles and such. There are fifteen effects planned, though only nine will be needed (and they'll be placed much more obviously than the ones that aren't). The effects only work in the dream world and cannot be used while awake. In battles they can be used as magic attacks against enemies. Also, instead of talking to a random NPC or interacting with an object, the sphere's manifest themselves as hovering spheres of light.

And that's cold's gameplay and premise in a nutshell. for this project, I only need a 2D pixel artist, someone knowledgable in RPG Maker 2003, and maybe an environmental artist. I myself have very limited artistic skill, besides music, but I can perhaps sketch out and design some tile sets to use.

I can be reached easiest though my skype (nitrosparxx) and tumblr (nitrosparxx.tumblr.com), but you can also PM me as well. Thanks so much, and as always any input is welcomed!

matwek
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:09:32 PM »

When people say you need to cut back on your first projects scope they don't mean design another RPG.
One of the first games I ever designed was about blowing leaves into a pond and it still took far longer than I imagined it would.

The people on this forum are really helpful if you approach a subject realisticly, but I get the feeling they might turn on you if you insist on asking for help for an RPG
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 05:46:37 AM »

Yeah, that's still extremely ambitious.

Blowing leaves into a lake is a great idea for a starter game! 
Nitrosparxx
Level 0

Electro Musician

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:23:58 PM »

Ah darn. Okay, I'll try again. I seem to be running into this problem of being too unrealistic.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic