Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 08:26:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOblitus - 2D fantasy action-adventure roguelike
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Oblitus - 2D fantasy action-adventure roguelike  (Read 31402 times)
aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 02:43:46 AM »

this is the tits man

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

Designer, Artist, Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 08:56:39 AM »

this is the tits man
Thanks!

Also, here's a

to show the environments and the new player spear-throwing ability. The enemies are disabled, so they just act like punching bags, if you're wondering why they sit there and take it!

Kekskiller
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 10:46:23 AM »

That looks very promising. Will the player have endless spears? I kind of like the idea that'll have to retrieve somehow, getting dangerously close to what you wanted to be dead Grin
DiscoFish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »

Love it!

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »

That looks very promising. Will the player have endless spears? I kind of like the idea that'll have to retrieve somehow, getting dangerously close to what you wanted to be dead Grin
I will have a timeout on the spear (in case you shoot it into a pit or somewhere unreachable), but I'm also going to allow the player to pick up the spear off the ground, as you said.  The timeout will be pretty long, because I don't want spear-throwing to be the primary method of attack--I'm hoping to make it really risky to throw it, because it leaves you almost defenseless.  I also might make it come back to the player very fast if the player hits an enemy.

In other news, I've just created the official twitter account for the game: @OblitusGame.  I'll be including links to posts here, the tumblr, pictures, videos, and lots of other stuff.  So if you have a twitter account, check it out!

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 09:19:51 PM »

I got some nice little particle effects when the player throws the spear.  Enemies can shield from the spear, the player can pick the spear up to be able to use it again sooner, and the player can now also throw in the air.  Next up, some new graphics, adding an in-air player slashing state, and allowing the villager to run on four legs!

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 01:37:33 AM »

This is the new air attack the player can do now.  The player attacks toward the mouse, so it's as dynamic as the typical ground stab.

Also, I've created 16 new pieces of scenery today that haven't yet made it into the game. I'll be adding those over the next few days.

The player can drop off of ladders (instead of jumping off) now as well.

I'm planning on eventually taking preorders for this game, although I'm not sure how much interest there is.  If you could tell me how you feel about the prospect of a preorder, whether good or bad, I'd love to hear your reasons for or against!

Ashkin
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 02:20:32 AM »

Hello gorgeous.
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 03:02:13 AM »

its a good program, the pose feature is nice to get some good IK, but if they actually added planted keys it would be perfect. It would make feet way easier to do. the other thing I wish it had was skinning. there are somethings like tails that will always look better with a fluid curve instead of having them notched.

Yeah there are a few ways it would be easier to use (and I know their onion-skinning in newer versions is pretty sweet), but I'm pretty content with it at the moment.

Here's a gif of the Villager dying:

That looks a little boring, maybe a little rebound of the floor could help? (make the center of mass (hips) bounce back off the floor for one or two frames.. that gives it more sense of weight - also at the point where he looses balance - living creatures tend to kick out and kinda jumpflip back as a result) just my 2 cent... otherwise nice project  Hand Thumbs Up Right

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 09:17:11 AM »

its a good program, the pose feature is nice to get some good IK, but if they actually added planted keys it would be perfect. It would make feet way easier to do. the other thing I wish it had was skinning. there are somethings like tails that will always look better with a fluid curve instead of having them notched.

Yeah there are a few ways it would be easier to use (and I know their onion-skinning in newer versions is pretty sweet), but I'm pretty content with it at the moment.

Here's a gif of the Villager dying:

That looks a little boring, maybe a little rebound of the floor could help? (make the center of mass (hips) bounce back off the floor for one or two frames.. that gives it more sense of weight - also at the point where he looses balance - living creatures tend to kick out and kinda jumpflip back as a result) just my 2 cent... otherwise nice project  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Alright I tried giving him a little bit of a bump up around the hips when he lands.  Let me know what you think!

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 09:51:39 PM »

Here's a look at several new assets I've included in the game.  However, in way cooler news, Gabriel Verdon is kind enough to do some promo art and has released a couple previews.  Here they are!

Kekskiller
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 12:48:34 AM »

Ohhhh shit, I see multiple fan boys emerging from my head. I like the preorder idea, gives you some first money to chew on and I can bounce up and down until the game's done.

Dang, I realize how weird this sounds. Whatever, I'll do it again.
SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 12:57:41 AM »

looks epic, going to stalk you now Blink
Is it a flash game?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:24:48 AM by SoulSharer » Logged

Twitter: twitter.com/SoulSharer
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »

Ohhhh shit, I see multiple fan boys emerging from my head. I like the preorder idea, gives you some first money to chew on and I can bounce up and down until the game's done.

Dang, I realize how weird this sounds. Whatever, I'll do it again.
I'm glad you're so excited :D

looks epic, going to stalk you now Blink
Is it a flash game?
It's actually made in C# with the SFML library.  It will (hopefully) work for Mac, PC, and Linux in the future.  Right now it's only compatible with Windows 7, I believe.

Also, Gabriel just posted a new preview of a third promo piece he's doing for Oblitus!

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 11:34:36 AM »

That promo art is looking really awesome.

The idea for the game sounds interesting too, is there going to be a demo or something any-time soon?

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »

That promo art is looking really awesome.

The idea for the game sounds interesting too, is there going to be a demo or something any-time soon?
Yes, I'm going to have a demo out at some point.  I'm planning on having the first area playable in the free demo, and then I'll take preorders and include each next part as I go.

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 10:54:36 AM »

Gabriel finished the promo art today, and I'm blown away.  This is a really huge motivation boost for finishing off this first area!

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »

Holy shit. That promo art is breathtaking. If the game ends up anything like the action depicted, sign me up.

SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »

Yeah, it totally rocks, I need to get my epicness-meter asap.

Twitter: twitter.com/SoulSharer
Kekskiller
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 11:42:34 AM »

I really tried hard to put my awe into this post but the only thing comparable right now is the expression of raw, unmatched sex.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic