Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:43:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOblitus - 2D fantasy action-adventure roguelike
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Oblitus - 2D fantasy action-adventure roguelike  (Read 31410 times)
siskavard
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2013, 11:43:17 AM »

That is absolutely fantastic guys! What an awesome way to do some promo art. Feels really old school in the sense of getting someone to portray the game in such a solid style.

Really blown away by this!!

:D
Kekskiller
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2013, 11:44:23 AM »

Do you accepted donations and voluntarily overpriced pre-oders?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »

you just got my attention (I don't read devlogs usually)
jut one remark : the character's sprite looks like a guy with a goatee with an upside down face

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Razzek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2013, 12:26:52 PM »

That promo art. My god

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

Designer, Artist, Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »

Well I can't say no Wink I'll have preorders up as soon as possible, once the first area is done.  There still a fair amount of work to do, and I have to set up the preorder system and site, but I'll have it here as soon as I can!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the promo art! :D

devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »

Well I can't say no Wink I'll have preorders up as soon as possible, once the first area is done.  There still a fair amount of work to do, and I have to set up the preorder system and site, but I'll have it here as soon as I can!

Also you could contact the Humble Bundle Store if you don't want to work on Pre-order systems and so.
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »

Also you could contact the Humble Bundle Store if you don't want to work on Pre-order systems and so.
Yeah, they're first on my list of places to turn to for selling the game. Humble is fantastic, and I know a person or two who has worked with them.

siskavard
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2013, 01:09:27 PM »

Done!

Great artwork sir!
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2013, 03:48:38 PM »

The promo artworks was featured on the TIGSource tumblr, which I'm quite happy about.

I also worked on getting a bunch of enemy AI down last night (they walk around when idle, can jump to pursue the player, and the Villager enemies can grab onto the player, and you have to shake them off).  I'll have more to show soon, including some music by the awesome Josh Whelchel.  Next up, making the levels longer and making the boss!

tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2013, 06:57:03 PM »

I really want the game just to even look a little bit more like that promo art. The art is great, but the promo art is greater.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2013, 07:03:26 PM »

I was just about to say that, unfortunately it'd probably cost more in terms of both money and time
tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »

I was just about to say that, unfortunately it'd probably cost more in terms of both money and time

Well yeah, but... but...  Cry

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 07:18:19 PM »

I showed this to some people and they were all disappointed by IG graphics after the concepts
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 08:08:57 PM »

I showed this to some people and they were all disappointed by IG graphics after the concepts
There's actually going to be a big change in the art style, so hopefully the art won't be disappointing too much longer Smiley

Kekskiller
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »

I liked the colorful style but with this great promo art I assume nobody can think of something else and adapt. I'm curious about how the change will look.
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 01:08:03 AM »

I liked the colorful style but with this great promo art I assume nobody can think of something else and adapt. I'm curious about how the change will look.
I am too, actually.  One of the oddest parts about working on this game has been the simultaneous excitement at what I have planned from a consumer's perspective, but also the knowledge that I'm the one having to do it!

Also, here's a new tumblr post outlining some stuff on the new enemy AI features and a huge change to the shielding mechanics.

Dogpile!

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2013, 09:36:10 AM »

Last night I added zooming capability to the game and messed around more with the camera controls.  It's tough getting it so the player can see everything they want to see, but also so it doesn't feel nauseating.

Kekskiller
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2013, 09:49:09 AM »

Huh, what's this dude doing down there in the stone block? That looks like some puzzle trap for getting little green and yellow dudes to do semi-suicidal things.
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2013, 11:19:42 AM »

Huh, what's this dude doing down there in the stone block? That looks like some puzzle trap for getting little green and yellow dudes to do semi-suicidal things.
I caught him mid-jump--he's trying to chase after me because he saw me up there!  Nothing tricky going on.

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2013, 10:26:05 AM »

Here's a look at the first version of a bit of music from Josh Whelchel for Oblitus.  Let us know what you think! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:00:09 AM by ConnorUllmann » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic