Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411979 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 15, 2024, 11:49:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosFormer LucasArts composer looking to connect with Indie Devs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Former LucasArts composer looking to connect with Indie Devs  (Read 871 times)
DunderpateMusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 24, 2013, 01:05:38 PM »

Hi, everyone.   Smiley

My name is Jesse Harlin.  For the last ten years, I was the staff Composer and Music Supervisor at LucasArts.  Recently we were purchased and subsequently shut down by Disney.  In the wake of the shut down, I'm going freelance for music composition.

A bit about me: I've been in the games industry for 15 years, the last 10 of which were at LucasArts.  In that time, I've written for and directed sessions with the London Symphony Orchestra at Abbey Road.  I've also worked on really small, sample-only scores for iOS and casual games.  I've written rap, rock, hybrid orchestral action music, sweeping thematic scores, Brazilian trip-hop, etc.  You name it, I've probably done it. I've been nominated for and/or won a Game Audio Network Guild Award each year for the last 8 years in a row. I also wrote the Aural Fixation column for Game Developer Magazine for 6 years.

I know interactive scoring, implementation, and music system design. I know how to handle large projects.  I know how to handle small projects.  My general, all-purpose demo can be found at my website, www.dunderpatemusic.com.  You can also check out more of my material on SoundCloud here: soundcloud.com/dunderpate-music.

I'd love to chat with devs looking for creative, original music.  Hope to hear from you soon!

- Jesse Harlin
  Composer, DunderpateMusic.com
petertos
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 07:44:56 AM »

Wow! This seems totally outstanding and proffessional! George Lucas wasn't wrong. Pity LucasArts was closed!  Tiger

Benjamin385
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:24:06 AM »

Hey Mr. Harlin,

Would you be up for a challenge?

I would also like to talk to you if possible to discus rates and such.

I will send you a PM with the details. Smiley

BTW - Your Work on republic Commando was awesome!
DunderpateMusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 05:31:20 PM »

Wow! This seems totally outstanding and proffessional! George Lucas wasn't wrong. Pity LucasArts was closed!  Tiger

Thanks, Petertos.   Smiley  I work hard at it.

Would you be up for a challenge?

I would also like to talk to you if possible to discus rates and such.

I will send you a PM with the details. Smiley

BTW - Your Work on republic Commando was awesome!

Benjamin385 - Thanks for the kind words.  Republic Commando was a lot of fun to work on; one of my favorites.  And I'm definitely intrigued by the idea of a challenge.   Wink  Send me a PM or you can find my email address on my website listed above.  I'm curious to see what you have in mind!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic