Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:54:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkNeed Java Programmer Who Knows Networking And Servers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need Java Programmer Who Knows Networking And Servers  (Read 904 times)
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2013, 05:17:38 AM »

Hi, I'm a UX/UI game designer, and my role is building a team, writing the rules and game mechanics (while accepting feedback), and marketing/sales. I'm looking for a JAVA programmer to make up a small team of developers to collaborate on a multiplatform, multiplayer web and mobile CCG (collectible card game) also called TCG (trading card game). It would be coded in java to create the web browser game, and ported using java to android. I would eventually like it to ported to iOS using objective c and a facebook intergration. 

I currently have two programmers who can develop the game mechanics for the cards but there not very good at networks and servers. So I need someone who knows java and how to network and connect to a server and database.

I'd like it to have a social interface, like chatrooms, profiles, and photo avatars, where players can be social and make friends and have obsessive and addictive fun gameplay. The game I'd like to Produce is based on the Pokemon TCG but on steroids! To give you an idea as to the game mechanics, so you'd be interested in working on this project, you start by choosing 1 of 15 trainers, with unique abilities, who enter the playing field and can also attack and defend with your active and supporting monsters, if their equiped with weapons, armor, or items. There are 13 monster types much different then Pokemon, LIFE, DEATH, LAW, TIME, ENTROPY, COSMIC, GRAVITY, PSYCHIC, ATOMIC, ELECTRIC, GHOST, SHADOW, MACHINE. Important details will have to be provided privately.

A card game is easier to build  then a 2d or 3d game because it won't require much animation or graphics besides the static card illustrations just basic effects for card effects and attacks. Most of the GUI programming will be network and server/database interface and social interface.

I hoping you will offer your skills for fun, and to develop games people would enjoy. I won't be able to pay for your work, but can offer significant revenue/profit sharing when milestones are reached, such as a simple playable prototype. If you are really interested in upfront payment, I could raise several rounds of funding through indiegogo.com to pay you upfront only if you sign a contract stating you'll do the work once a round of funding is completed. I'd only do that since it's alot of work to raise money, if you are genuinely interested in my project.

Most importantly, I am looking for a programmer who is motivated, dedicated, ambitious, and has a solid work ethic.

This is a long-term venture which would like to become a small indie company, developing web and mobile CCG's, TCG's and virtual tabletop games. I have solid experience in marketing, sales, and business. This will increase the success of this project. I'm also a very good writer and game architect. I'm also a novice programmer myself, but I have a lot to learn. I hope to hear from you!
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:03:15 AM »

I am no Java programmer and have a few projects of my own, but just a few things:

* you better first introduce yourself, and/or contribute before wanting to get free work done.
* this kind of post pops up many times, the results are always the same, check it.
* there are very good Java networking libraries out there, 2 programmers and a novice one should be able to read some manual and get it working. (if stuck ask a question)
*  I am looking for a programmer who is motivated, dedicated, ambitious, and has a solid work ethic VS I hoping you will offer your skills for fun, and to develop games people would enjoy. == not how the world works.
* show some of your previous work.

success!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic