Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:27:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkVestiged- In need of 2D Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vestiged- In need of 2D Artist  (Read 2179 times)
kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »

Greetings to all developers, designers, programers and artists. I have been investing some time to a game concept i wish to see developed and have been able to test the basic mechanics on a very simple prototype. At the moment the second prototype is being built, a more solid base for the proyect. The game is a 2d sidescrolling adventure with simple rpg mechanics such as quests, a very visual concept, quite atmospheric, revolving around a town in need of salvaging. The aesthetics will follow a mixture steam/clockpunk culture, hand-drawn art and 2d vector semi-cartoonish look. I hope to team up with a dedicated artist which feels he or she can bring this proyect forward since i cannot work all areas like i have been doing.

Intended Features
Quests- Each NPC has a specific questline which to play and helps the town's condition progress.
Day/Night- Different hours of the day, different things to do, different dangers.
Weather- Protect against the natural elements, harmful weather such as acid rain and smog will be present and will increase in certain parts of the day.
Survival- Outside of town will feature a top down area in which to find ingredients and material for quests. It's a rough town but it's a rougher nature.
Small dungeons- Finish a questline and gain acess to the underground of the NPC's house, an easy going level with top down dungeon type puzzle gameplay.
Dynamic town- See the town develop as you progress through the story, infrastructure will enhance, townfolks and visitors appearing, busking robot musicians stopping by and different types of fun encounters.

If you consider your talent could be of help or have a question do contact me!
[email protected]

Screenshots of the second prototype:

--------
Doctor charater concept
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:03:45 PM by kraed » Logged

Faii G.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:52:27 AM »

I'm not too familiar with steampunk, to be honest, but with the right nudges I could be good. It seems like an interesting concept, to be honest, but I'm a sucker for cartoons and psychologic elements. I think I can handle this okay, with some time.

This is the only cartoonish example I have at the moment, since I just cleared my art folder for something which needs a ton of space. But I promise you that the lines would be much clearer this time, as that was my second attempt at using that specific program and I wasn't acquainted with it. I can work with other body types and such, and I'm good with backgrounds.
kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 12:30:45 PM »

i would love to see more of your work, add me in skype if you want kraeid_

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »

still interested on seeing other people's artwork!

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 10:51:21 AM »

still interested on seeing other people's artwork!

How many it's paid

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »

Main post updated! STILL IN NEED OF A 2D artist!!!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic