Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:31:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral4baka-dis iz me, n where i cum frm
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 4baka-dis iz me, n where i cum frm  (Read 2347 times)
4baka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:02:13 AM »

kk so I am James AKA 4baka.

First off I have to say I love the attitude of those posting.  Strait up it is refreshing to see a community of this type that isn't afraid to say what it thinks.

The scene needs more places like this.

I've loved gaming since I was co-ordinated enough to hold a joy-stick.  It all started YEARS ago when my aunt got an Atari 2600.  I realized I may have been a little too enthralled with games when every time I came over my cousins made sure they disconnected the Atari and stashed it away in the closet.

My parents decided that PONG (yes I had one of those paddle ones from that 70's show) wasn't quite educational enough to be sucking up so much of my time so they invested in a new marvel of technology (at the time I suppose it was) and got me a vic20 WOOT!!!

Yet another reason to hate the 80's

I started copying bits of code out of magazines my parents got and was hooked.  Always loved puters, taught myself to build em, learned some programing in high school, got accepted to college for computer science, then 3 days before classes switched majors to hot glass forming. (What can I say? It seemed like a good idea at the time.)

That really didn't go any where, but it cured me of compulsively playing with fire so I guess it wasn't a total loss.. =/

So then I did factory work for a few years to fund my party habits (got into electronica and raving) and forgot all about gaming or art for a while.

Built a computer and got Freelancer, joined a clan and some gaming forums and started chillin' with a modding team. (Pathfinder Studios)EVO mod for freelancer.
Found all those things I enjoyed doing as a kid (gaming and art).  Taught myself graphic design over the last few years and am just finishing up my first game title while doing web-design and graphics on the side.  I'm working full time from home now and loving it.  Never had a job I could invest so many hours per week in without wanting to ventilate my head with a shotgun. (must be the ADHD)

I'm here for all kinds of reasons.
  • Networking-I'm looking for talented ppl who want to make games. Where else would I go and still get the honesty and strait forwardness found here?
  • Testing-Would love to get other developers to test products they may be interested in that we are creating.
  • Promotion-Cant hurt to have any kind of promotion, and for the most part thus far I find I am agreeing with the majority of opinions on this site, and am convinced you will get nothing if not honest answers/opinions to questions, and or games submitted for review by you guys.

KK well thats me in a nutshell, I simply have too many fav games to list.  Though the ones that stand out most in my mind are the FF series by square, Freelancer-Microcrap, and Halo-Also by microcrap

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 12:30:30 PM »

Hey, mang... one post in the Introduce Yourself thread is enough.

Welcome, though!  >^__^<
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic