Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:45:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBouncing Bombs!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bouncing Bombs!  (Read 481 times)
FussenKuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 02, 2013, 06:42:49 PM »

Google Play Download ( FREE - Requires Android 2.2+  ...and your finger to swipe the screen )

I wish I had known about these forums 3-4 months ago. I could have gotten soooooo much more feedback before releasing my game into the wild. As it stands, my small group of beta testers (aka, my friends) were kind enough to provide some very useful initial feedback during development.

My first 'real' game, Bouncing Bombs!, went live on Google Play a couple weeks ago. But, as any software developer knows, the job doesn't stop once the software ships! Thanks to feedback I've received since launching my game, I've already pushed out several updates. But, I'm always looking for more feedback Wink A single developer can only test so much. No matter how many hours one tests, a player will always find something broken... or come up with a cool new idea. And, that's the kind of stuff I love to hear about! I might not be the most talented or experienced developer out there, but, I'm always striving to make my creations the best they can be.

Bouncing Bombs! is a free, casual game that revolves around one simple concept: Keep Bobby the Friendly Bomb from blowing up for as long as possible... thus, netting the player a higher score that (hopefully) moves him/her up on the worldwide leaderboards.

I don't want to describe much more of the gameplay because, in part, I'm rather curious to see if the game mechanics are easy enough to grasp without implementing a full-blown tutorial.

Additional Design/Gameplay Goals:
  • Keep the controls simple - The player wants to play, not, fight with the controls
  • Create something that is easy to learn, but, challenging to master - Be accessible to the casual player, but, reward the skilled player
  • Test the player's mind and reflexes - Since you can't directly control Bobby, you must predict where he's headed and react quickly and accordingly
  • Keep game times short - A game shouldn't last more than, at most, a few minutes. It's a phone/tablet game... don't force the player to make a huge time commitment.
  • Attempt to create that ever-elusive "I want to play just one more game!" hook

As a software engineer by trade, lets just say I'm a bit 'lacking' in the visual and audio arts. But, to me, the fun of making an indie game by yourself means you're making what you can with the skills you have. I've attached a few screen shots below to give you an idea of what the game looks like:

As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!
-Chris

With that out of the way, I can now start investigating all the other activity on these forums!

Google Play Download ( FREE - Requires Android 2.2+  ...and your finger to swipe the screen )

Making worlds from the comfort of the couch
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic