Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:51:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Intergalactic Trashman
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Author Topic: The Intergalactic Trashman  (Read 47926 times)
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2015, 07:59:25 AM »

Backed. The new video looks much tighter and more action-packed. Nicely done! Best of luck on the campaign...

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2015, 01:28:36 PM »

Backed. The new video looks much tighter and more action-packed. Nicely done! Best of luck on the campaign...

Many thanks oldblood for your suggestions and support!

Good luck guys!

Thank you Smiley
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2015, 01:14:58 AM »

Last saturday's screenshot Smiley

13% funded! Help us spreading the word pleassseeee!

And >2000 votes on Steam Greenlight (52% yes 46% no), the average is 30% 70%, this is really hard.
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2015, 06:06:59 AM »

You should temporarily put the KS link in your signature. This will allow people to find it more easily instead of digging through the devlog. Your average pledge size is great.

Have you reached out to any press? Particularly local press in Spain. Spain seems to have a growing community of indie developers. You may also try reaching out to other Spanish developers who've run Kickstarters in the past. I had backed Dead Synchronicity & Candle a year or so ago, believe both of these developers are also from Spain. You could see if they'd be interested in sending out an update about your KS. It literally doesn't hurt to try.

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2015, 06:27:18 AM »

You should temporarily put the KS link in your signature. This will allow people to find it more easily instead of digging through the devlog. Your average pledge size is great.

Have you reached out to any press? Particularly local press in Spain. Spain seems to have a growing community of indie developers. You may also try reaching out to other Spanish developers who've run Kickstarters in the past. I had backed Dead Synchronicity & Candle a year or so ago, believe both of these developers are also from Spain. You could see if they'd be interested in sending out an update about your KS. It literally doesn't hurt to try.

Yep, we've sent tons of press releases and emails to the local press (and the US press too, but it's really hard to get coverage there). We've reached local developers also and we have their support (cross promotion in future Kickstarter updates, tweets, mentions, etc).We are thinking about spending a % of our budget in something like this: http://www.brainiacsfrommars.com/ but we're researching other options firt.

Ouch...I forgot to modify my signature, what a noob mistake U_U, thx oldblood
2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2015, 12:59:14 AM »

I remember I saw this project a long time ago. But I'm happy to see its still alive and now with a kickstarter gratz Smiley I just backed it.

Good luck with it, I can't wait to see it finished.

Paul
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2015, 02:50:51 AM »

Just backed it! Good luck
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2015, 08:42:47 AM »

I remember I saw this project a long time ago. But I'm happy to see its still alive and now with a kickstarter gratz Smiley I just backed it.

Good luck with it, I can't wait to see it finished.

Thaaaannkk you! Smiley
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2015, 10:27:35 AM »

As you may have noticed, the campaign is not going very well.We're doing some cross-promotion with other projects now and... we're staff pick on Kickstarter so, we hope to see improvements :/.

And we've done a major update of the main post and the cover image.

You can check it out here!
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2015, 06:29:37 PM »

Don't get too discouraged. You've still had a pretty good start and your average backer median is insanely good. Just got to get this in front of more eyes. I get it, easier said than done. I get cold sweats thinking about doing Kickstarters again, they're no fun and a full time job promoting...

The lulls start earlier on some projects. Keep posting updates and new content, keep pushing, keep reaching out to Press... Throw enough against the wall, things start to stick...

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »

A couple suggestions if I may, to help get you noticed:

- Do you have a build you can send to youtubers/twitch streamers? They seem to be very effective at helping games get noticed.
 - You could always post a game screenshots with a description / link to imgur or reddit or something. Reddit can be a bit of a crap shoot but I've seen several in development games make it to the front page (just link it in a subreddit and that should help).

Just some thoughts.

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2015, 10:59:54 PM »

Don't get too discouraged. You've still had a pretty good start and your average backer median is insanely good. Just got to get this in front of more eyes. I get it, easier said than done. I get cold sweats thinking about doing Kickstarters again, they're no fun and a full time job promoting...

The lulls start earlier on some projects. Keep posting updates and new content, keep pushing, keep reaching out to Press... Throw enough against the wall, things start to stick...

Thanks old Smiley, but when the Spanish press says to you "Thanks Carlos, we will take this into consideration.", it's really discouraging. I understand that from the US press, because the indie 'industry' there is huge, and they probably have tons of petitions everyday from the whole world, but the press here is always talking about how bad is our government, our government doesn't support videogames! there are a lot of Spanish indie studios here that deserves attention! evil government! and after that, they give you that stupid response because they have more visitors if they publish about CoD, FIFA or GTA5...hypocrites. Sorry for the tantrum, I just needed to say all of this xD. We will keep fighting!

A couple suggestions if I may, to help get you noticed:

- Do you have a build you can send to youtubers/twitch streamers? They seem to be very effective at helping games get noticed.
 - You could always post a game screenshots with a description / link to imgur or reddit or something. Reddit can be a bit of a crap shoot but I've seen several in development games make it to the front page (just link it in a subreddit and that should help).

Just some thoughts.

Thank you blekdar!, yes, we're preparing press/youtubers/twitchers/whatever builds, the problem is that our two mechanics: space and 2D platforms are divided nowadays so that we will need to send (at least) two executables, but we will send them anyway, there is nothing left to lose.

And about reddit, we publish every screenshot saturday and I've posted in /IndieGaming subredit several times, but I'm scared about the auto-promotiong rules. Anyway, I'm in talks with a Spanish buddy, maybe he could post in reddit and NeoGaf without breaking the promotion rules.

Toast RightToast Left
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:42:48 PM by karlozalb » Logged
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2015, 10:50:25 PM »

Mini-update:

Woohoo! We have been greenlit!

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »

COngrats on the Greenlight ^^
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2015, 10:43:01 PM »

COngrats on the Greenlight ^^

Thank you!!! Smiley

We've released a 2D platformer tech-demo! (Windows, Linux and Mac)

ALERT====>There will be bugs stalking you>====ALERT

Check it out! Give us feedback!  Beer!

Notes:
  • Windows version: works "perfectly" either keyboard or gamepad.
  • Mac version: tested in just one computer so, be aware of 'The Attack of the Bugs', the action movie
  • Linux version: Keyboard supported, but not gamepad (It works on my Ubuntu, but it's not configurable because there is no Unity launcher)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:57:42 AM by karlozalb » Logged
2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2015, 01:44:06 AM »

I really hope you are going to make it. Fingers crossed.

But all is not lost, a lot of things can happen still.

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2015, 11:13:22 AM »

We've done a new video!

This is really strange, I just received a transmission from Chema, a work colleague but... from the future himself! He ordered yesterday that hat on a website and it takes a week to be delivered!

He is in danger, please take a look, he needs help!

In addition, we've launched a new demo (revision 3).

REVISION 3:
Aimed launching is availabe in this revision. You can use it pressing launch button (O key or Mouse left button) and moving the cursor. Then, when you are ready to launch an object, stop pressing the key or button and Kepler will throw the item to the desired position.

Remember!

There are three sorts of throwable objects: grenades, mines and decoys.
  • If you do a quick launch, the grenade will explode as soon as it hits an enemy or the floor.
  • If you do an aimed launch, the grenade will explode after few seconds and it will do damage to Kepler.
  • A mine will stick in the impact point and then it will activate itself after a short period of time.If an enemy goes by too close when the mine is on, it will explode.
  • The decoy deploys itself as soon as it hits the floor. When it unfolds itself, the enemies nearby will attack it.

This is also available with gamepad.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:19:31 AM by karlozalb » Logged
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2015, 09:52:55 AM »

Was really proud of how you guys kept the content, updates and pushes to keep the Kickstarter alive.

Saw the Kickstarter update that you guys are planning on canceling the game now? I'm really sorry to hear that. The amount of effort you and your team have put into this game is astounding. Have all other options been exhausted? Publishers (I know Team17 is pretty actively looking for indies), government grants, investors etc.

Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 23, 2015, 10:15:36 AM »

Shocked Cancellation???
 Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
WHY!!!!!!!

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »

Wow, I surprised this is getting cancelled. Considering the track record for success of second campaigns (Dropsy, Melancholy Republic, Dimension Drive, etc,), I'm surprised that isn't being attempted.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic