Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:24:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Intergalactic Trashman
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: The Intergalactic Trashman  (Read 47909 times)
Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2015, 07:43:35 PM »

Oh wow ... you guys did a lot of work on this project, that's clear to see. Sorry you weren't able to make your KS funding, but all the best with your team's future projects.
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2015, 01:14:40 AM »

Hi people!

I know that the cancellation sounds weird or hard to understand, but this is more complex than it seems. It's not only about money, it's about our mental health, our friendship, and our necessity of working to make a living (btw, yes, we've tried other funding options such as investors, startup accelerators, government grants, etc in the past without success).We've worked on GloveCat for 4 years: the first two years we made Android games and apps, and the last two years we did TIT, and everything for free, the only thing we've gained is experience.

This situation exhausted us as a team and we decided that the campaign would be the turning point for us. We're not just cancelling this game, we're breaking up GloveCat to continue with our lives. There are a lot of personal factors that have affected to our decision as I said before.

Thank you everyone for your interest, your help and feedback all this time Smiley
Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2015, 02:10:07 AM »

I don't think it sounds weird at all. It's hard to survive as an indie studio. You can only work for free for so long, and not all of us can handle a part-time job and doing some amazing game on the side. And yeah, grants and other funding can only go so far, and is also highly dependent on the economic situation of your own country.

I actually want to congratulate you for being brave enough to break free and start something new. Sometimes we should just get swept along with change I think. I can just say that we were really close to the same result last summer with our project but lucked out in the last second. I still fear the possibility of having to walk away (isn't that a reality for most indies?), and right now I don't have the courage to take such a leap (but luckily I don't have to).

A former game teacher of mine who herself started an indie studio that failed told me that you should know when to quit, otherwise you will just burn out. I think that's a very individual assesment, but I think you did the right decision in this case. Good luck in the future!

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2015, 06:05:27 AM »

You should all be very proud of the work you accomplished together at Glovecat. Your mental health and friendships are more important than any game. Best of luck on whatever endeavors you all decide to tackle next.

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2015, 07:09:00 AM »

A former game teacher of mine who herself started an indie studio that failed told me that you should know when to quit, otherwise you will just burn out.

That's exactly what I think. Thank you Smiley

You should all be very proud of the work you accomplished together at Glovecat. Your mental health and friendships are more important than any game. Best of luck on whatever endeavors you all decide to tackle next.

Thank you oldblood, my next step will be to test your alpha 2 :D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic