Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412108 Posts in 69453 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: holdamech

June 28, 2024, 04:11:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingStarLust - A space based RTS game focusing on custom ships you put together!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: StarLust - A space based RTS game focusing on custom ships you put together!  (Read 1634 times)
UnicornOfDoom
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »

UPDATE!

We have an alpha available now! It's a windows standalone and you can download it here https://www.starlustgame.com/?page_id=202. In the future we plan on supporting Mac and Linux as well.

There are quite a few bugs and a lot of content needs adding in but it works! You can build your own ships and then try them out in multi against any other random alpha testers or grab some friends and make a private match.

Hi everyone!

Over the past few months a buddy and I have been building an RTS in Unity. We started out with the idea that we wanted a pretty standard RTS but with ships that you actually build and arm. We've gotten pretty far along and have most of the major systems of the game built (networking, ship building, combat, etc). We'd love to hear some feedback on what you see and we're working on getting an alpha version for everyone to test soon. We're also working on some new videos/trailers that we'll have up hopefully soon

So here is an early video from a couple months of ago about the ship builder. We wanted to record a commentary but my terrible webcam mic was such low quality I had to scrap it and go with some stock music (this is not the music that will be in the game).

Once you've built your ships the game plays like a regular RTS. You play versus others in a randomly generated solar system. There are different types of planets to conquer, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. You then build up an economy on your planets and can build starbases to defend them and also to construct your fleet. Destroy your enemy and win!

So here is a preview of the planets in the game and then some animated gifs of combat!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 01:03:21 PM by UnicornOfDoom » Logged
Destructicorn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »

Hi, I'm the programmer.  We would love to know what you think of the game or if you have any questions.
QCPolmer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 01:52:01 PM »

Looks promising.

Is the ship building screen really that easy to use? I remember having a hard time figuring out the customizing system on Warzone 2100.

UnicornOfDoom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:49:51 PM »

Looks promising.

Is the ship building screen really that easy to use? I remember having a hard time figuring out the customizing system on Warzone 2100.

Thanks! Yeah the ship builder works exactly as you see it. Just pick some the 4 parts you want to put together, modify your colors/materials if you want and slap some weapons on. We're going to be doing a full gameplay video this week and I'll be going into much deeper detail in that video!
UnicornOfDoom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 12:36:58 PM »

Hey everyone! We made a gameplay video with full commentary! We still have some bugs to fix but we're almost ready to release a free alpha for people to try out! The video is pretty long but it goes over everything besides ship building. Let us know what you think!

UnicornOfDoom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »

Just thought I'd post another update, we have our alpha at version 0.1.2a and just added in a repair bay expansion and alerts that notify you when your under attack. The repair bay will slowly repair any of your ships and structures in the gravity well.

The alerts have been much needed and its the only the start to the alert system. Now when your planets or starbases are under attack and your zoomed far out, you'll be able to see which areas are under attack. Down the road we'll add more visuals to the alerts and an audio aspect to it. But here's a preview for now!
lava89
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »

Just wanted to say that I love the graphics of this!

Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 12:17:09 PM »

I like the idea, and played a bit with the demo. The editor is very in-character (choosing a manufacturer, great!), but the modules are hard to click (they keep sliding) and the module names are barely noticeable.

Liosan

UnicornOfDoom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 02:03:28 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Liosan! Its all a work in progress so I'll be making plenty of changes to the editor and the feedback is very helpful!  Smiley If you have any suggestions let us know!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic