Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 10:28:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallZompocalypse
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Zompocalypse  (Read 4018 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2008, 05:58:58 AM »

First up, thanks to everyone on this site who tested the beta, I love you all just like jesus.

Second, this is the first iteration of Zompocalypse, a arcade sidescrolling zombie shooter, please check it out at www.toadtrip.com, grab a friend and a 360 controller and hurt things.  We plan to expand the game over the next few months, adding 4 player support, new level themes, new zombies and game modes.

video:

Here are some screenshots:

Cheers 4 reading, happy Halloween... soon.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 06:06:00 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:39:30 PM »

great. i liked the gameplay video very much when i saw it first on indiegames.
and now the dmeo is out. yeah!
gonna check it out  Gentleman

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Gnarf
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »

Neat!

I'm assuming the story mode isn't there yet? At least I can't click it. (I got like a bunch of registration key stuff with the purchase, that it seems I can't enter anywhere anyway, so just like, checking to make sure I'm not supposed to unlock it with them somehow)

I've no idea if any of this already came up in betatest thin. But. The game crashes here if its window loses focus. It says "t2dStaticSprite::setFrame() - Cannot set Frame without existing t2dImageMapDatablock Datablock!" at the end of the console.log file, which sounds half meaningful or something.

Can't seem to map like the axis of the analog stick on my gamepad to anything, only the buttons. (Not really a big deal to me since I can just make the analog stick pretend it's buttons.)

Also it's super-awesome.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 03:19:47 PM »

For ten bucks? I'm so there.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
noodleJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »

Hi guys.  Any problems with the demo ending should be fixed, please let me know if you have any more problems.  That one crept into an updated build, so sorry about that.  The demo is meant to end after stage 2.

@Gnarf: As for losing focus crash, weird.  I haven't managed to reproduce that one yet and no one else has reported it.  It might help if I can get a copy of your console.log file.  If you could email it to me at: support [at] toadtrip [dot] com.  Cheers.

As for story mode, that will be done at a later date.  That will be in a later build as we didn't have enough time to finish it off completely.  As we want to make it really badass and not just tack it on.  There will be several more updates (such as 4 player) and multiple maps and new zombies types.  Driving stages will be very very soon and of course free to anyone who buys the game.  In short, you're investing in a game and we think you have a right to get more than a single discrete release for your $. 
godsavant
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 06:55:09 PM »

Wow, either the guys playing in the demo have no idea what they're doing, or I'm playing on Easy. Great game, it gets really intense...I need to scrape together 10 bucks.

Why does Smackdown have two eyes on his sprite, tho, when the icons clearly show an eyepatch on his right? 'Guile's tattoo' syndrome...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:01:04 PM by godsavant » Logged
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 03:43:04 AM »

For ten bucks? I'm so there.
More like $12.50. Sad Darn Canadian dollar.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »

This is the only time I've seen swearing actually benefit a game. :D

It's great, from what I've seen, but have no money to buy stuff with ATM.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »

Did Mark Johns' voice acting make it?  Cool

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »

Actually mark johns was the first pass voice acting, all the zombies, some of mcpains backup VO were all done by him, we had to rerecord some of the more used for McPain lines and smackdowns through joel @ studio13 (and his nameless contacts, hence why they aren't on the credits sign), but that being said, Mark realy nailed the feel of mcpain, the zombies sound sweet too, and it wouldn't be as good without him  Beer!

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 06:56:38 AM »

Good job you guys on the sweet ass game!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
MangoDjango
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 09:09:23 AM »

will there ever be an update? what about story mode?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic