Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:25:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralStrange Game or Computer Induced Behaviour
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Strange Game or Computer Induced Behaviour  (Read 14490 times)
fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2008, 07:30:39 AM »

What's the wierdest or most embarrasing thing games, or your love for them, has made you do?

I waited in line at the London launch of Mario Galaxy in the cold and the dark outside Game, with people like this

...which is obviously quite recent  Embarrassed

And better, when I was young and waiting for the snes release of SFII, I used to pretend I was Zangief and practice Spinning Piledrivers on my bed. Ok, I admit it, I had all the moves written down so I could perform a whole 'routine'.

Come on people 'fess up! This craze of ours makes you do strange things.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:29:43 AM by fullspectrum » Logged
Renton
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 07:47:15 AM »

I used to pretend I was Zangief
Did you wear a red speedo?

I preordered Fallout 3 Amazon Exclusive Survival Edition.
Hmm. Does making Star Wars fanfilms count?
ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 07:50:42 AM »

When I was really young me and my friend had a rock paper scissors type Super mario game... man, I wish I remember the rules...

diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 07:52:27 AM »

When I was still in elementary school, I used to doodle platformer levels in my scetchbook and had rules for "playing" them in my head.

I've never really cosplayed or anything, but I did design a full-blown Tauren Druid cosplay suit for my friend, complete with a snout and everything (tricky pieces, those were).
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 07:57:17 AM »

I used to be a die-hard Sonic fan.  Embarrassed Enough said.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »

I still am, just disappointed.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 08:06:36 AM »

when i was little, and games were all still DOS, only one kid in our brigade had a computer, and we could only play it for like an hour or two on the weekends. so the rest of the time we'd hang out in the junkyard and construct computers out of junk, with like sheets of styrofoam for a keyboard and a rock for a mouse, and pretend to play games that we would thing up. some how it always resulted with us yelling and running around hitting each other with tree branches. we had some pretty awesome games though.

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 08:11:13 AM »

Like that, only "Spyro". Cry

I'm cautiously optimistic for the next one, though! Honest!
fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 08:13:28 AM »

When I was really young me and my friend had a rock paper scissors type Super mario game... man, I wish I remember the rules...

remake/demake please.

I used to pretend I was Zangief
Did you wear a red speedo?

I preordered Fallout 3 Amazon Exclusive Survival Edition.

No, of course not man. I preferred his sky-blue secondary colour, so I wore them.

And I just remembered that I actually had a street fighter notebook that I would take into class and try and fill up with my own backstories and 'art', and try to make up combos that might work. Top that.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 08:20:39 AM by fullspectrum » Logged
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 08:36:16 AM »

Liking the original Sonic games is nothing to be embarrassed about! I think the original Sonic games are a lot more interesting than the original Mario games (though both are fun, obviously) - it's only since Mario64 that things have gone the other way, in my view.

Renton
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 08:40:47 AM »

Oh yeah, I used to pretend I was the Doomguy. Can't top Zangief, though.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 08:57:13 AM »

I used to pretend I was the guy from grand theft auto and do all sorts of terrible crimes and stuff.

fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 08:58:33 AM »

I used to pretend I was the guy from grand theft auto and do all sorts of terrible crimes and stuff.

That's not 'pretending'!
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 09:06:51 AM »

A whore whom I used to know seemed to pretend she was a headcrab, as she would put her mouth in your head and start suctioning it.

diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »

A whore whom I used to know seemed to pretend she was a headcrab, as she would put her mouth in your head and start suctioning it.
I lol'd! :D
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »

I had SMB3 paraphernalia hanging in my locker in the 7th grade (which caused me some grief when a gang of "cool kids" happened by one day and saw it.)

I also used to like going to sleep to music as a kid, and would sometimes play something off the music select for Ninja Gaiden, or load up a Norfair code in Metroid and just let Samus stand there instead of listening to the radio.

When I was still in elementary school, I used to doodle platformer levels in my scetchbook and had rules for "playing" them in my head.

This too.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Renton
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 09:18:16 AM »

A whore whom I used to know thought she had headcrabs. Turned out it was regular crabs.
diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 09:38:18 AM »

Remember boys; if the meat's got hair, it's spoiled!

...Okay, end of pedobear jokes. Wink
brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »

This.  One time four or five of us designed a massive platformer castle spanning many sheets of paper.

I also used to make up big tables of meaningless stats for RPG monsters or RTS units.
Rocket Tank.  hp: 400, attack: 50, speed: 4, etc.
increpare
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 10:31:28 AM »

I used to cut up games magazines and make new montage games out of existing ones when I was little.  I especially enjoyed concocting new mortal kombat fatalities.  Used to fill up foolscap books with sketches and doodles for my own games as well, now that I think of it.  I had an especial fondness for trying to come up with new Bomberman expressions (new frivolous thread idea?).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic