Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:17:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMono World - Classic 2D Platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mono World - Classic 2D Platformer  (Read 1978 times)
HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:09:30 AM »

Hi I am Luke and am currently developing a classic two dimensional platformer for Windows. I am using Construct Classic by Scirra. The game is inspired by Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda, I was inspired by Skyloft in Skyward Sword when creating the world. The player must enter dungeons and avoid spikes. I will post stuff here at the game's Tumblr: http://mono-world.tumblr.com/ and below will be some screenshots. Also if you are for some reason interested in playing the game then it will be available as a demo at an  event I am co-organizing: http://technomach-eac2.eventbrite.com/ .

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 12:21:33 PM »

It's a bit like Fez no ?

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 01:12:59 PM »

There is similarities but it plays completely different.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »

I guess the floating islands kind of but i mean you could go anyhwere with that idea.

looks like it could be neat! looking forward to progress.

play hydlide 2
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »

oh, you're making a game about me

i'm honored

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 12:52:36 AM »

You're welcome Mono! Smiley I have been experimenting with gradients not sure if it makes it look better or worse?

ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 01:12:43 AM »

You're welcome Mono! Smiley I have been experimenting with gradients not sure if it makes it look better or worse?

Much better. Next you should try pixel shaders to add some noise to the background and for the platforms.

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 01:31:36 AM »

Thank you ananasblau I will try to use noise effects soon, the art previously did have noise effects but it made the game incredibly ugly but if I can get it right it might just work.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:02:31 AM by HeavyMetalHerbert » Logged

ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 02:03:33 AM »

Thank you ananasblau I will try to use noise effects soon, the art previously did have noise effects but it made the game incredibly ugly but if I can get it right it might just work.

noise on the art itself isn't what i think looks best anyways. As a shader it looks so much better and not so tile-ish.

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 03:16:19 AM »

Hello everyone here is a little preview of the dungeons that you will explore in the game. They will get a lot more advanced as you progress and I have also implemented the first bonus stage inspired by SMB's Warp zones. The bonus screens will be packed with references.

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 12:00:59 AM »

.- .-.. .-- .- -.-- ...  -... .  .- .-- .- .-. .  --- ..-.  -.. ..- -. --. . --- -. ...

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 07:44:12 AM »

Okay I have worked on a dramatic change in the art style so now it isn't so much like Fez. Personally I prefer this style what do you guys reckon?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic