Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:10:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOKHLOS A very disgruntled group of people [Dev Blog]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: OKHLOS A very disgruntled group of people [Dev Blog]  (Read 83008 times)
roketronz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »

Everything's looking great, but for some reason the tiles are really standing out to me. That's some nice looking stone. u_u

Yes, I agree. I'm working on them, but I can't get to make them right! I hope next's week update will be solved and looking fine

Dinsfire
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 12:14:07 PM »

Those latest screenshots are looking really great. I have enjoyed my pixels, as requested.

Check out my music while you're at it! click!
roketronz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 10:39:17 AM »

This week, we will review what kind of units will join your angry mob! In character sheet form! 

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »

eating this 2.5d up. This is cool as hell.

shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »

this is really great. the drawings are so stylish, it's almost too bad to turn them into pixelart. I think it'll be unpixalated also very good! myb even better ...

anyway, looks nice!

newobj
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 11:51:03 AM »

Holy cow, the quality/polish/design level on this is NUTS. Very impressive. Can't wait to watch your continued progress!

Gentleman
roketronz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 12:48:56 PM »

eating this 2.5d up. This is cool as hell.
Thanks a lot!

this is really great. the drawings are so stylish, it's almost too bad to turn them into pixelart. I think it'll be unpixalated also very good! myb even better ...

anyway, looks nice!

Thanks! The problem with using that style, is that there are so many characters that animating in that style would take a lot of time. Drawing the characters in pixel art allows us to spend less time animating.
Also, our previous game wasn't in pixel art, and I really wanted to do some pixel work Tongue

I think that in the future, we will be using that style for some other game.

Holy cow, the quality/polish/design level on this is NUTS. Very impressive. Can't wait to watch your continued progress!

Gentleman

Thanks!! We try to update on a weekly basis. Every tuesday/wednesday.

Those latest screenshots are looking really great. I have enjoyed my pixels, as requested.
Wink

ACardboardRobot
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 08:09:08 PM »

Unbelievably pretty looking game. Interested to see how this plays.
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 02:05:45 AM »

What an interesting design concept!

I hope we will get to see the toppling of statues, monuments and setting buildings on fire soon?

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 03:00:52 AM »

following, it's looking great and sounding the same!
draconiansolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 04:57:30 AM »

This Looks Awesome
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 05:02:45 AM »

I'm loving this style!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
roketronz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 11:00:22 AM »

Like last week, typing takes time. So, what better way to show you the week's progress than directly showing it?

I'll explain the video, otherwise this would be too much laziness.

In the first part, you will see original level. Sebastian didn't implement any specific layout. Just threw some elements to test different enemy behaviours. You will see that it is short, and that you can complete it in like four minutes.

The second part of the video, shows how the actual layout of the city will be. And some unfinished things too.
Also, all the enemies are still placeholders.

So, enjoy the video and let me know what you think!

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »

those character concepts are so awesome. Loving this,

roketronz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »

Thanks a lot for all the comments!

We hope to get a demo soon! We are working at full speed to have the demo available for mid october.

What an interesting design concept!

I hope we will get to see the toppling of statues, monuments and setting buildings on fire soon?
There will be a lot more destruction, that's for sure!

SebastianGioseffi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »

Hi! I am Sebastian, the other half of Okhlos' team. I am relieving Roque from posting this week (who is currently in a coffee-induced coma). And bringing some brand new screenshots.

We are working hard to get a prototype ready before the IGF deadline. This is taking up most of our time, leaving us with little time to write new amazing and exciting updates. But, at the same time, we don’t want to stop posting updates. It’s fun, it keeps us motivated and getting some feedback is an important part of the development cycle. So we decided to resort to this: posting a bunch of pseudo random screenshots, along with some even more pseudo random comments.
This particular set of pseudo random screenshots are the result of some tests I’ve been carrying out, using different shaders, and also some  good old fashioned fooling around with Unity’s camera effects. Most of the stuff you see here will not be in the game’s final version. They are tests, weird stuff. So posting them here is also a way to put them to rest. Of saying goodbye to them. Farewell, random test!
So, without further ado, here they are. Pseudo random screenshots.

Smoke in the Stone

Basically playing around with fog here. The grey tint gives it a smokish look. Perhaps we can use something like this if a whole city or area is burning. Or maybe the ancient Greeks had smog too.

Ye Olde Delphi, or the unavoidable need to try a sepia filter

It just had to be done.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Okay, maybe not so loud since it is a screenshot with no sound whatsoever, but it is indeed a closer look at some of our favorite Greek mobsters. Plus, check out the pecs on that warrior. Someone has been working out!

The Snake Mode

Or the mob’s conga line if you prefer.

Fisheye Mob

Testing some more camera effects. Here another of the classic ones. I don’t think this will make it to the final cut, though.

A Lighting Test

Just a single philosopher, in the middle of nowhere. Plus Unity’s editor thingy up there in the corner (that’s the technical term for it, don’t let anyone fool you).

The Shadow Mob

Booo! They are dark and evil… You know, I kind of like how they look. I am thinking we could keep one of these guys as a hidden character and name him Niatsabes Euqor…

Under Medusa’s Shadow

Testing an overlay effect with a frame from Medusa’s death animation.

Medusa’s Mist

More crazy medusa-induced effects.

Conga Line, Part II: Someone shouts “B”

And as a bonus a merry group of Carmenmirandesque medusas of different sizes try to join the party.

The Brightest Day

And still quite some time until someone invents the sunglasses.

A Poor Old Man in the Snow

Life can be tough sometimes. This was a test using a snow shader  (something that would have allowed to create a snow level without changing a whole lot of textures) but it didn’t work out very well. Okhlo’s style (low poly, sprites, pixel art) doesn’t lend itself very well to something like this.

Dusk At Delphi

Both Roque and I agree that this was the best of the lot. It was the result of testing different shaders and playing around a little bit with the scene’s lights. If everything works out the way we plan, be prepared for more dynamically lightning in Okhlos!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:20:50 PM by SebastianGioseffi » Logged
nss_aries
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 01:04:25 PM »

Lovely. Smiley

Chaz
Level 0

What the problem is?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 01:31:32 PM »

Stunningly beautiful and creative. At first I wondered - after seeing the nicely drawn concepts - why you'd gone for the pixel art look. Seemed a bit gratuitous; but seeing in-game screen shots really makes it come together. Those shaders are awesome.

conorh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »

man this looks sick already, instantly reminded me of Bullfrog. following  Hand Any Key
titoasty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2013, 04:32:57 AM »

it looks definitely so cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic