Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 09:37:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingInfinity Castle - A Procedural 3D Thriller Adventure
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Infinity Castle - A Procedural 3D Thriller Adventure  (Read 10973 times)
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 05:29:47 AM »

Hey @pompipompi, thanks for testing out the game!
What FPS were you getting when you played it from looking at the FPS counter on the top right?

What are the other specs on your pc by the way?

In the really dark areas, you can press F to turn on your torch.  I plan to dim the lighting a little further to increase the creepy factor Smiley  It's a little too well lit currently.

I played the game, I didn't watch the video.

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 06:26:55 AM »

It tops at 50 FPS and sometimes goes as low as 18.
Here is a screenshot:

My CPU is intel i3-2100 3.10GH
GPU is Geforce 550 Ti
8 GB of RAM
Windows 7 64 bit.
I have an up to date NVIDIA driver.
Using Google Chrome.

Anything else?

Master of all trades.
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »

Hi @Pompipompi, I did notice the FPS drop at the start of the game, but it didn't lag after that apart from during the castle generation.  Your PC is a pretty good one, so it's interesting that the game lags on you - thanks for letting me know I'll do a bit more performance testing.

Re: the darkness - you can press F to turn on your flashlight.
Cheers,
Joe

Avgudar
Level 0

AVGUDAR

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 02:10:23 AM »

i5 3.1 ghz
8 gb ram
intelhd4000

screen is black except there is a cursor and a health metre. Nothign else

Avgudar avgudar gudar
Avgudar
Level 0

AVGUDAR

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 02:12:53 AM »

Wait, worked in fullscreen mode, but framerate goes from 60 to very low when facign certain directions?

Avgudar avgudar gudar
Avgudar
Level 0

AVGUDAR

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »

To clarify, It doesn't matter how good the render quality is.

Avgudar avgudar gudar
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 12:44:10 AM »

Hi Avgudar, what browser and OS are you using if you're using the web player?  Or did you download the executable.

Avgudar
Level 0

AVGUDAR

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2013, 06:27:38 AM »

Hi Avgudar, what browser and OS are you using if you're using the web player?  Or did you download the executable.
Executable.
I use windows 8. Strange though that it runs fine when facing certain directions, but not some.
Here is a video I recorded of the problem:
You can see how when I face certain directiosn the framerate goes down.

Avgudar avgudar gudar
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 01:54:02 PM »

Did the torch work for you if you pressed F?

It was a bit hard to tell, but it looked like some of the wall textures weren't loading - I'll check this out, although it will be tricky without being able to reproduce it here.

Avgudar
Level 0

AVGUDAR

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »

Did the torch work for you if you pressed F?

It was a bit hard to tell, but it looked like some of the wall textures weren't loading - I'll check this out, although it will be tricky without being able to reproduce it here.
It did.

Avgudar avgudar gudar
eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 05:46:13 AM »

Very interesting idea, I'm excited to see where you go with this! Good luck.  Beer!

joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

Thanks man!  Coffee

By the way, I expanded on the game a little (now you can finish the game and there is a creature that will chase you  Tiger) and entered it into the 7DFPS:   Corny Laugh
http://7dfps.com/?action=games&id=236

Feel free to vote for me  Gentleman

Very interesting idea, I'm excited to see where you go with this! Good luck.  Beer!

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 05:16:09 PM »

Rather than having something obvious like a countdown clock I am thinking about more subtle cues that the player is running out of time.

You could always have an actual clock, or multiple clocks randomly placed in various rooms. Maybe just make it clear that they're getting closer to midnight (or some time that's specified at the beginning). Depending on how supernatural you want things to be, another option could be to make the ticking accelerate over time until it reaches a "breaking point" and the chimes ring out signalling that the time limit has been reached. And then something horrible kills the player...maybe?

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 08:11:19 PM »

Great ideas - actually for the 7DFPS I ran out of time so ended up making an obvious countdown clock haha  Embarrassed

I did however have some other cues to alert the player: the music gets creepy near the end of the countdown, and then a creature chases you down after that.  I didn't quite get the time to do it,but I was hoping to slowly dim all the lights as the end of the timer approached.

I like the idea of a grandfather clock type thing - esp after I watched The Conjuring recently  Who, Me?

Rather than having something obvious like a countdown clock I am thinking about more subtle cues that the player is running out of time.

You could always have an actual clock, or multiple clocks randomly placed in various rooms. Maybe just make it clear that they're getting closer to midnight (or some time that's specified at the beginning). Depending on how supernatural you want things to be, another option could be to make the ticking accelerate over time until it reaches a "breaking point" and the chimes ring out signalling that the time limit has been reached. And then something horrible kills the player...maybe?

kop9000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 04:29:53 AM »

Wonderful project. I am such a project has never seen. I have a proposal. Make the ability for users to customize the timer so that it can vyberat if he wants to go with a timer or without. I for example want to play without a timer. just go

And another suggestion. zdelat levels longer. And also allow users to customize the size of the level of
kop9000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 05:31:12 AM »

Hold on. With the latest version games I'm having problemmy. when you start the game on a 32 bit computer, an error that says that I have is not compatible with this version of the axis. please correct
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 06:01:49 AM »

Bugger, I must have only built this for x64 - I'll deploy again tomorrow

Hold on. With the latest version games I'm having problemmy. when you start the game on a 32 bit computer, an error that says that I have is not compatible with this version of the axis. please correct

joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 03:51:49 PM »

Hi Guys, I've uploaded a x86 compatible build  Gomez

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9guYNctyOMsNi1Za3c4SDlyVWc/edit?usp=sharing

kop9000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2013, 02:02:06 AM »

thank you very much. consider my idea in the topic #34 post
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »

Thanks @kop9000, those are excellent suggestions especially if I port to mobile (which I am definitely considering for iOS or maybe Win8 as a practice run).  I like using the vibration to indicate the proximity of the monster Blink

thank you very much. consider my idea in the topic #34 post

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic