Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:52:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 382263 times)
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: April 07, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »

Nope Sad but thanks.

TIGBaby

El Psy Congroo

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 10, 2013, 01:13:51 PM »

I've been looking for this old game for a long time. It was some kind of a snake/worm game, you could buy weapons before rounds (maybe, but you could use weapons) and it had 4 player multiplayer (or with cpu, anyway max 4 players). Also you could only move in 4 ways. There were also some sort of mines and maybe exploding barrels scattered in the levels/arenas. And it was from a top down perspective.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1022 on: April 11, 2013, 12:33:48 AM »

Hey, okay, there is a SNES game that has been haunting me for years that I can't find any sign of. My memory of the game is pretty hazy, I believe i rented it multiple times somewhere between 1998-2005. I know this is NOT a lot to go on, which is probably why I've never been able to find it since.

What I remember about the game:

• It was isometric or top down, similar to the Soul Blazer series or Secret of Evermore.
  • I think there were multiple playable characters, and one was a scarecrow or closely resembled a scarecrow
  • I think the first level was outdoors and dark, maybe a field

Pretty sure this is Pocky & Rocky 2:

I've been looking for this old game for a long time. It was some kind of a snake/worm game, you could buy weapons before rounds (maybe, but you could use weapons) and it had 4 player multiplayer (or with cpu, anyway max 4 players). Also you could only move in 4 ways. There were also some sort of mines and maybe exploding barrels scattered in the levels/arenas. And it was from a top down perspective.

Gad, this sounds really familiar to me. I'm remembering really tiny tile graphics?
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 13, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »

Hmm, Derek, that ticks all the boxes, but I don't have any specific memory of playing it. It definitely could be the game I'm thinking of warped by my memory, though  Beer!

Also, it looks like an awesome game, I'm going to have to try it.

cruz1994
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 28, 2013, 04:52:09 AM »

Years ago (like 3-4 yrs) i played a game, a uniqe indie pc game it was, which is about free falling while avoiding obstacles. The game has several "maps" including (i dont remember these exactly) ice world, jungle, volcano (or something below the ground) and deathstar. The game supports up to 4 players simutaneously playing on the same keyboard and mouse (dont know if i am still wrong  Shrug). When I die (hit something), the camera floats back upward showing a line showing the way i fell. Players can kick eachothers while falling and I remember if I manage to fall deep enough there's actually a finish place - a ground. The game's obstacles are randomly generated. The name of the game is a little weird, not in english. And one thing is that i found this gem right here on tigsource. It's a shame i dont remember its name  Mock Anger
Many thanks to you all :D
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 28, 2013, 05:46:12 AM »

sounds like this

http://teknopants.com/games/uberleben/
cruz1994
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 28, 2013, 06:15:51 AM »

OMG OMG OMG .. That's IT!!
I haven't been this happy for a while, thank you soooo much for that. It's really good to know there are ppl out there who play games the way I do :D :D
Once again thank you Smiley
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 28, 2013, 06:56:38 AM »

no big deal haha
Ryland
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 28, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »

When I was really little, I got a video game from taco bell (I think it was like a kids meal toy type thing, but it was a pc game.) I remember it was like a first person shooter, kind of doom-like. And I think you shot monsters with taco sauce or something. I don't remember it really well, but it was awesome, and it also scared the shit out of me (I was little.)
ink.inc
« Reply #1029 on: April 28, 2013, 11:42:11 AM »

http://www.giantbomb.com/taco-bell-tasty-temple-challenge/3030-9319/
Ryland
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 28, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »

Yeah, I actually found that with a quick google right after my post, but I got so excited to play it again that I forgot to update. Thanks! Smiley
Reasonableman
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 06, 2013, 11:21:04 PM »

I am on a vision quest across the internet to find a game I played sometime around 2007. It was a first-person action RPG, vaguely similar to Dark Messiah of Might and Magic or Arx Fatalis, less so to Oblivion and Legend of Grimrock. It was obviously unfinished, perhaps just a prototype that was eventually abandoned. You started as a strangely trapezoidal warrior with significant musculature and tiny legs (which you could see when you looked down) who was naked but for a loincloth, in a dungeon made up of rather well bump-mapped bricks, with some really solid dynamic lighting provided by torches. You beat up a few very green (like really green) little goblins, gathered armor, knocked around some physics-enabled barrels and eventually faced off against some rather powerful skeletons. The name "Ogre" keeps coming to mind, and I think it might've been made with Ogre 3D, the graphics engine, but that may be untrue. I have been through the entire TIGsource database, and several other databases (Giantbomb, Mobygames) to no avail. I'm almost certain it died in development, but I'm definitely sure that I downloaded and played an alpha version of it. Help me internet! You're my only hope!

EDIT: I also vaguely recall a windowed menu interface with a picture of a golem or other stony creature in center frame. That could be something else mixing in my mind though.

DOUBLE EDIT: Nothing has made me more sad than

which is not the right game but absurdly close.

SOLUTION: Holy damn I found it. It was submitted to the IGF and so it ended up in their database. http://www.esenthel.com/projects/esenthel_rpg/en/screenshots.php
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:04:29 AM by Reasonableman » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #1032 on: May 08, 2013, 06:23:43 PM »

okay, there was a game posted on the tigsource front page a few years back, but i can't seem to find it. all i remember was a video of this super violent animated korean fighter where one girl cut off another girl's limb(s); the colors were washed out and i think it was raining. no ingame text or hud of any sort.

help greatly appreciated.
ink.inc
« Reply #1033 on: May 08, 2013, 06:32:42 PM »

nvm, found it; it's called don quixote

http://www.masque.kr/?mid=indiegame&listStyle=webzine&document_srl=27192

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 15, 2013, 07:15:37 AM »

There was this one game, I think it was a PC download, where you were on a space station and you had to go backwards through the steps of murdering someone and planting the evidence on someone else.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1035 on: May 18, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »

There was an RTS game, where you played as humans and you fought aliens in mars. Your base was built in an hexagon with a tower in the middle, so you could only have like, 6 buildings. This is all I remember u.u

biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 19, 2013, 12:36:15 AM »

Dark Colony
Conker534
« Reply #1037 on: May 19, 2013, 12:47:27 AM »

You play as these 2 female Ninjas, it was either for the Xbox 1 or PS2, and the only thing I remember from that game is youre in a room with a fat guy and you accidently take off your mask.
Acccent
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: May 19, 2013, 06:33:43 AM »

I'm looking for a minimalist shmup where in each new wave of enemies, there's a ghost of your own performance during the previous wave. The game should be at least 5-6 years old. Any idea?

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1039 on: May 20, 2013, 11:18:14 AM »

Quote from: biomechanic link=topic=3504.msg891017#msg=1368952575
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude that's it thanks

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic