Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:52:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386148 times)
iforce2d
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1060 on: May 28, 2013, 01:15:03 AM »

Around 1994 I played a (MS-DOS?) game where you had to conquer a series of islands, by moving around ships and I think also tanks as well. Some of the control was done in a 2d world map (the map was quite large), and the combat part of the game was drawn in very simple 3d, like just a handful of basic polygons per ship, and in very low color, perhaps even just 4 colors. The most memorable feature was a missile that you could launch from your ship and remote-control in 3d from forward-facing camera on the missile itself - with quick reflexes you could get a direct hit. Another feature I remember was you could launch a smaller ship from the large one, and a short cut-scene would show it exiting from the rear of the large ship. Although the 3d was really simple, it was rendered very smoothly making the 3d parts of the game quite enjoyable.

------

Around 1996 I pumped a lot of coins into a game at the arcade which was very similar to Defender, where you controlled a 2d side-scrolling space-ship in a wrap-around world, and you had to rescue people from the ground by picking them up. There were a large number of dinosaur-like green alien creatures on the ground too, and you had to shoot and bomb them to stop them from killing the people. The aliens could throw rocks at you, and I seem to remember they would sometimes throw the people at you too, which could actually be helpful if you could catch them in the air. iirc there was a smart-bomb which killed all aliens on the screen, and in later stages the aliens had some kind of flying machine to get in your face more.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1061 on: May 28, 2013, 04:13:54 AM »

the first one sounds a lot like carrier command

iforce2d
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1062 on: May 28, 2013, 05:53:04 AM »

the first one sounds a lot like carrier command

yes... that's it! The original, and a pretty cool looking remake. Thanks!
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 28, 2013, 07:12:32 AM »

Some kind of a card game for DOS. The title screen had a picture of kids swinging and some sort of sad music, I think. The palette was heavy on yellow and black. I remember it being kinda clever, and the filename might have had the word "card" in it.

Edit: I wonder if this is actually a "lost game", since I still can't find it on any DOS game sites. The developers' site won't be up anymore, and maybe it was never rehosted anywhere. I don't have my old diskettes anymore either. It probably wasn't all that good of a game if it's vanished, but the search piques the interest of my inner archaeologist.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:57:10 PM by sublinimal » Logged
Ooaclouds
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 29, 2013, 02:49:35 PM »

ok here's one....
although i don't think i'd have a really good description of it
i remember it being an single player RPG :O

anywho, first of all, played this game in year 2000 on a pc, but dunno when it came out
2nd, characters are "cute" looking, like RO-ish but not as good, borders are somewhat smooth nice, no weird/sharp edges for graphic
3rd, i vaguely remember walking up to a castles, and entering, castle was all dark and you then fighting monsters randomly to level up, don't remember what monsters, but i recall you can set up spells on a panel like RO and set the to certain keys
there is a map/radar but it only shows like within a certain radius
4th. i remember being a mage/wizard thing, although i think you can be other characters. :|

i know this is quite a bad description but i've gave up all hope TT, been searching for too long!
thank youuuuuu in advance to anyone who knows this game
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1065 on: May 29, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »

what's RO ?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ink.inc
« Reply #1066 on: May 29, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »

ragnarok online
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1067 on: May 29, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »

Maybe Grandia 2

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Ooaclouds
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 30, 2013, 02:25:49 AM »

nope :|
the mages look like a simpler drawing of lulu from ff9.
it's just a really simple drawing of a mage, it was green i remember :O
you walk around from a bird's eye view.

towns are medieval-ish with of course castles
ProggleRock
Level 0

My milk is delicious.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1069 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:43 PM »

This is a long shot, but here we go...

When I was just a wee lad, I went to my local game rental store with my dad and picked up the new Super Mario Bros 3. Or at least we thought we did. I popped in the game and, unless Nintendo went in a radical new direction with the exploits of Mario and the gang, this was most likely not the new Mario. While my dad raged about having to go back and get a case that matched the game within, I gave the imposter a try.

So.

It starts with a rather realistically drawn and animated character climbing over a brick wall (I think), and then I remember walking up a path in a rather open, rural area (I think).

That's it. That's all I got.

From what I know now, it seemed to be some sort of adventure game (on the NES), and it kind of resembled a Sierra adventure. I was very young and apparently couldn't get past the part when you...walk up a path...so, yeah. I know this is a Hail Mary, but I've been wondering this for a while, and this (awesome) thread seems like just the place to try my luck.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:59:54 PM by ProggleRock » Logged

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1070 on: June 02, 2013, 06:40:28 PM »

arpg for pc. i think i played it in the early 2000s

you played an indiana jones type character, went through ruins, had a futuristic hand gun and grenades. super cool visuals. diablo-ish perspective. cant remember the damn name

Endurion
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1071 on: June 02, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »

@todd: Crusader: No Remorse? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusader:_No_Remorse)

@ProggleRock: There was a King's Quest V on NES
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1072 on: June 03, 2013, 02:06:38 PM »

nah that's not it, but i'll have to check out crusader

rnlf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 03, 2013, 11:27:30 PM »

I hope this game has not been discussed above, but I'll read the whole thread once I got time to   Shrug

It was somewhere between 1992 and 1997, I guess, it was a spacecraft racing game in top-down view. You could select your space ship, add weapons and systems to it and then race in (I think) split screen mode.

I believe it was for Windows 3.x, but could also have been Win '95.

That's about all I remember. Oh, and I think it was from a small company because back at the time almost nobody seemed to have known it. Anyone any ideas?  Beg
Mantorok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 04, 2013, 04:59:00 AM »

arpg for pc. i think i played it in the early 2000s
you played an indiana jones type character, went through ruins, had a futuristic hand gun and grenades. super cool visuals. diablo-ish perspective. cant remember the damn name
Zax: The Alien Hunter?

It was somewhere between 1992 and 1997, I guess, it was a spacecraft racing game in top-down view. You could select your space ship, add weapons and systems to it and then race in (I think) split screen mode.
I believe it was for Windows 3.x, but could also have been Win '95.
That's about all I remember. Oh, and I think it was from a small company because back at the time almost nobody seemed to have known it. Anyone any ideas?  Beg
Rocky Racers?
rnlf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 04, 2013, 05:07:05 AM »

This may be it... I don't remember the asteroids though. But then I was like 10 years old or so when I played it. I guess I'll have to check out the demo to be sure.
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1076 on: June 04, 2013, 06:17:48 AM »

@mantorok aw yes, that's it! thank you thank you

Halogen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1077 on: June 04, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »

A game in which you have to give people wishes. You're floatng above a line of people, and their wishes (which are just symbols) are above their heads and you have to match the wish symbol you've been given to the people below you.

It's probably 2006-2010. Idk honestly though. It was a browser game.
mychii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 07, 2013, 04:32:25 AM »

I'm really trying to remember this game.. It was a DOS game, probably around 1988 - 1993. The game was about a big monster truck that run on a track (I forgot) in 2.5D mode (like Top Gear), I don't think it was a racing game. It quickly crashes after a few minutes and I never been able to play it anymore  Cry. But it was amazing few minutes that I still remember it in my mind until now. The color was probably white, black, with purple in touch.
Swoosh
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 07, 2013, 11:07:59 PM »

Some time ago (maybe a year?) I saw a very interesting indie game while browsing at work. Thought I'd look it up when I got home but kinda forgot about it, and never been able to find it again. I don't have much info but it looked quite unique so maybe someone recognize it:

* Adventure(-ish) game.

* On the screen it was 4 rectangles/frames, and each had a picture in it. Think they were black and white and hand drawn.

* You could pick up a frame and drop it on an other, and those 2 pictures merged somehow. Depending on what they were you got different results.

* Iirc, in one of the examples in the video I saw they dropped a pic containing a barrel on a pic containing an apple tree, and this combo made an apple fall down in to the barrel.

Any ideas? Tired
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic