Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:38:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386066 times)
Eggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1280 on: May 17, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »

There's at least 1 game I can't remember the name of.
Ok... the game I'm thinking of right now is an old 3D game for the PC platform, and I think it was a demo game or something. You're flying some sort of helicopter in a map with a very long bridge over the ocean connecting two lands, and you start near one of the lands a bit above the bridge with some sort of laser gun thingy shooting at you. There are enemy tanks (I think) coming from the other land, going over the bridge and the ocean (via a transporter) towards your land trying to conquer it, and your goal is to destroy these tanks before they reach your land, otherwise the land will be conquered by the enemies and you'd lose the game. And if you'd lose (either by having yourself destroyed or your land conquered), the camera would show why; e.g. if you end up being destroyed by an enemy tank, the camera will pan to the particular tank that destroyed you shortly after your destruction. I found this game a bit hard, but I remember having won once.
Also, it was kinda difficult getting into the menu with the Esc button; almost every time I'd press it, the menu would quickly disappear as if it simply flashed before my eyes as a single animation frame.
So... does anyone know what is this game called? I hope I gave enough details, because that's all I can remember right now.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1281 on: May 23, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »

This game I'm looking for was a kid's point & click adventure game. It was set in the wild-west and had a cartoony and colourful style. Most of the game took place looking at a side on view of a wild-west town, with a bank, saloon, jail, wagon, etc. I think you would scroll left and right through the town, clicking on characters walking around to talk to them, or clicking on buildings to enter them. I believe the objective of the game was to find something like 6 stolen gold bars. If I remember correctly, the game characters had full voice-acting. When you found a gold bar, a jingle would play and a pop-up box would display telling you how many were left, or something like that. I also think the game was pretty short to complete, but the location of the gold bars was randomised each time. Besides the town area, you could also go to a 'wilderness' area, which was just out of town. I remember there being a gold mine here, and a boot you could search in, which I think would sometimes contain a golden bar. The game had a very similar feel to games like Spy Fox and Putt-Putt, and may have been packaged in with one of those games as a demo.

Is it Fisher-Price Great Adventures: Wild Western Town?
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 27, 2014, 02:17:18 PM »

It absolutely is. You legend.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1283 on: May 28, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »

It absolutely is. You legend.

Snow
Level 0

experienced gamer

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 19, 2014, 10:36:26 AM »

This is a long shot. Back in 1990 (I thought earlier, but now that I think of it, I was about 11 or 12 at the time) (at the end of the ice age and the last mammoths were stomping around) I was playing what was called a Gameboy. I borrowed it from a friend of mine with an assortment of games he had.

There was an obscure game he had that was super fun, it was like Lode Runner, but I don't think it actually was Lode Runner. It had it's own level editor (LR for GB has one as well). I just don't remember much about the game other than there were triangles, platforms and I believe ladders, but the player could shoot as well. It's possible I have wires crossed in my brain and I'm confusing memories of games I played. However, I swear I played a shooting platformer. I played Lode Runner for gb some years later and it is not the game I remember having so much fun with. In fact GB Lode Runner is not fun at all. Controls are bad.

Does this ring a bell with anyone or do I have false memories? I have looked on Google and I think through a list of 10'000 gb titles (never knew that many games were made for the system) and I recognized no name or picture.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:57:09 PM by Snow » Logged

A pencil, blank paper and an empty room is all you need.
Captain Uzi
Level 0

I once ate an air...Once.

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 20, 2014, 05:32:33 PM »

I can't remember the game, but it was an FPS I was playing on my dad's PC when I was around 4 years old, making it around 2002. It was a WW2 game, and amazingly fun. I loved the game but never found it again. I think the first mission, included parachuting into a very snowy place to fight German soldiers, I think it may have been set in Normandy? Anyway, you go into the trenches, and all the small wooden bunkers built into them and fight your way through Nazi's.
uniquecorn
Level 0

do med packs help with crippling depression?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1286 on: June 21, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »

Horror game where you explore a mansion. At the start there's a note from some person called Naomi or something. Around 2000 - 2005. Also I only remember one part where you looked into a mirror at another mirror and you would see a ghost. And then you would die. Nightmares for weeks.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 23, 2014, 03:38:56 AM »

Clive Barker's Undying, by any chance?
Polly
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 23, 2014, 05:53:59 AM »

Does this ring a bell with anyone or do I have false memories?

Game Boy + 1990 + level editor = Catrap?
Snow
Level 0

experienced gamer

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 23, 2014, 10:02:46 AM »

Does this ring a bell with anyone or do I have false memories?

Game Boy + 1990 + level editor = Catrap?

Nope. That one's not it either. Catrap does look cool though (putting it on list of games to play). Thank you for looking. Smiley I do remember also now though that the game I'm 'remembering' had 50 to 100 levels or so and it was single screen (non-scrolling) as well.

A pencil, blank paper and an empty room is all you need.
Polly
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: June 23, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »

I do remember also now though that the game I'm 'remembering' had 50 to 100 levels or so and it was single screen (non-scrolling) as well.

Hmmm, Solomon's Club perhaps? Although that doesn't have a level editor .. nor ladders.
protectorsofearth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 23, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »

There is a game I used to play with my friends on a Russian NES clone when I was a kid. It was a Mario variant of some kind, we used to call it "Ninja Mario" (back then there were all sorts unofficial Mario games.) I'd really love if I could find this lost gem.
TautNerve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1292 on: June 23, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »

OK so I once played a game from some random indie developer's website that I can't recall.
It was something about being inside a hut with your mother and going outside to the
snowy forest to collect wood or something of that sort, not really sure.
You go outside and walk without really knowing where and there are some weird vibes in the
area but nothing ever surfaces beyond that.
When you return to the hut your mother says something along the lines of "you are not my son" or "im not your mother" or something like that.
The game is played in 1st person and the graphics are very plain and low res.
Outside the hut is lots of white snow and some trees.

Don't know why but I really wanted to find that game again but I couldn't.
There's a really small chance that anybody would know what the hell I'm talking about
but meh it's worth a shot.

Let's tweet together:
@TautNerve
Play my games here:
Itch.io page
Bomphav
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 30, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »

I remember playing this game in (1995?) on my dad's computer, which was running Windows 3.1
You had to bounce this (green?) ball around the room to "eat" the food, like hamburgers and ice cream. There were obstacles to avoid (mainly I remember there was this green poison/witches' brew?), there might also have been lava on the ground sometimes.
There were also enemies you had to avoid (I think one of them was a witch.)

There is a newer game which is similar called "Frozen Fruit Frenzy." The mystery game is not Jezzball or Maxwell's Maniac (tho I did play those around the same time…ahh the memories!)

I was about 6 at the time, so my memory is a little fuzzy. It seemed like such a neat game at the time.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 30, 2014, 04:32:10 PM »

I remember this flash game my dad and I would play when I was younger, it was on WB.com(I think). Basically it was an on-rails game where you shot at the aliens, cleared the area, and then moved on. It's an important memory to me so if you guys have any ideas as to what it was I would be really grateful!

Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1295 on: July 04, 2014, 06:06:21 AM »

There is a game I used to play with my friends on a Russian NES clone when I was a kid. It was a Mario variant of some kind, we used to call it "Ninja Mario" (back then there were all sorts unofficial Mario games.) I'd really love if I could find this lost gem.

The most famous Russian NES clone was called the "Dendy", and there were a lot of mario games on it. Maybe you'll find your game here:
http://dendygames.wordpress.com/?s=mario

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
rnik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 07, 2014, 10:14:24 AM »

Hi there
It has been a long time since I was looking for the name of a game I used to play when I was a kid , I've made a lot of search till now they came to nothing
The game starts when you are asleep in your house and a giant goldfish robot comes and destroys the house , after that you start the game with a pistol heading forward to the place where you would have to destroy the robot goldfish and then kill the boss driving it
you could charge energy balls in the game so you'd make some of the enemies as your allies , you could save the game in a phone booth , and that's all I could remember
the game I think was a 2d type with simple controls

I would be thankful if you could name the game for me
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 07, 2014, 11:36:02 AM »

That Ninja Mario game may have been Jackie Chan Nes game hack, if it had mario as protagonist. Other than that, I can only remember legend of kage and samurai pizza cats being games with ninjaas that were widely available.
rnik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 08, 2014, 05:35:45 AM »

well thanks for trying
it is a 2d platform shooter game with a guy smoking a cigarette
you could make a squad by throwing some weird balls towards them  , consisting of flamethrower man , machine gun man , grenade launcher man , and you could switch between them for firing different guns

in the beginning of the game a large goldfish like robot comes and destroys the hero's house and you'll come out and start the game till you find and eliminate the robot and the boss gets out of it and you'd have to kill him in order to pass to the next mission

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1299 on: July 08, 2014, 12:38:54 PM »

Have any idea what platform? Or at least whether it was on PC or console?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic