Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 04:41:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386094 times)
wzl
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1380 on: January 27, 2015, 10:53:07 AM »

So there's two games i keep remembering every other year.
One is i think on the atari st. Its a puzzlegame of some description. I don't remember much of the gameplay except there was a grid of numbers. One thing that stuck to my mind was the blue theme and a really well made female robot. It was a robocop ish design and i remember her doing a couple of remarks every other time.

The other game is even more blurry, but it was on the c64.
It was a puzzler where you play the level/obstacles and you play from the top down view.
In each level there was a white ball that needed to get to the finish, and you had numerous ways to manipulate the map. having rotating paddles where the ball could rebound off of or block ways off behind you when some red pacman like thing was following you.
I remember there being a leveleditor aswell.

I just cant get them out of my head  Screamy

Long pork is people! wzl's burrow
valrus
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 27, 2015, 02:11:07 PM »

The other game is even more blurry, but it was on the c64.
It was a puzzler where you play the level/obstacles and you play from the top down view.
In each level there was a white ball that needed to get to the finish, and you had numerous ways to manipulate the map. having rotating paddles where the ball could rebound off of or block ways off behind you when some red pacman like thing was following you.
I remember there being a leveleditor aswell.

I just cant get them out of my head  :screamy

Zoomerang?

wzl
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1382 on: January 27, 2015, 03:20:54 PM »

Zoomerang seems quite similar, almost too similar i guess, but thats not it.
The one i was referring to had a bigger playfield and each screen was its own stage. the puzzles were more complex (from what i remember anyways)
Other things i remember of it was that static diagonal ramps/triangles were white, there were red and i think violet rotateable bumpers shaped like a = so you could pass through horizontally but not vertically. and there was a red ball chasing you in some levels. unfortunately thats most of what i remember of it that isnt all the way blurry. .... ... pipes?.... i dont know man  Apoplectic

~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1383 on: January 30, 2015, 11:01:00 AM »

A gradius-like game, but you could choose even pieces of the spaceships that would change it in aspect? It is a very old game - maybe dos game - from 90's. I've tried to find it FOR AGES! I'm even doubting it exists.
MAYBE it is star control II

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
Siilk
Level 0

Techpriest software enginseer

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 04, 2015, 08:19:25 PM »

A gradius-like game, but you could choose even pieces of the spaceships that would change it in aspect? It is a very old game - maybe dos game - from 90's. I've tried to find it FOR AGES! I'm even doubting it exists.

Could it be B-Wings?

Overman
Level 0

Kid Genius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1385 on: February 06, 2015, 11:20:30 PM »

Tyrian? Pretty vague description tbh.

Genius game developer.
Me latest game: Rowan
http://www.overman-gaming.com
@OvermanGaming
~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1386 on: February 07, 2015, 02:18:09 AM »

thanks. Seems it was this one.

Overman
Level 0

Kid Genius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1387 on: February 07, 2015, 08:32:39 AM »

thanks. Seems it was this one.
NP, it's free with a gog account and pretty good too.  Well, hello there!

Genius game developer.
Me latest game: Rowan
http://www.overman-gaming.com
@OvermanGaming
~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1388 on: February 07, 2015, 12:00:36 PM »

Actually seems it is open source

inca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 09, 2015, 02:28:59 PM »

I'm trying to recall the name of this indie game being developed recently. It's a pixel art exploration type game. I remember seeing a screenshot of a really nice cavernous/rocky level with a semi top down view. Saw it on twitter months ago and liked the style..

wzl
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1390 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:52 AM »

?

I dont think you mean this though, since i havent twittered recent progress:
shameless selfplug

inca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 10, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »

No, it didn't have a traditional platformer view. I wish I could give more info but all I remember is what that one screenshot looked like. I guess the colors were a bit similar to yours, except the top wasn't quite as bright.

Oskuro
Level 3

Coding in Style

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1392 on: February 10, 2015, 02:04:53 PM »

Ok, let's give this a try.

There's this old arcade game I never got the title from. It is a side-scrolling shoot-em-up, with the protagonist being some kind of white bulbous alien (think of the FEZ protagonist, but with a big blue eye it shoots from instead of a face).

I remember the first level being a jungle of sorts and there being big mechanical enemies. The art style was quite interesting, colorful, but dark.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1393 on: February 10, 2015, 09:42:23 PM »

a 16 bit era fighting game with a volcano in the background level and a male character that changes his costume at the start of matches. i think he looked like a 20 something mage.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1394 on: February 11, 2015, 06:20:27 PM »

I'm trying to recall the name of this indie game being developed recently. It's a pixel art exploration type game. I remember seeing a screenshot of a really nice cavernous/rocky level with a semi top down view. Saw it on twitter months ago and liked the style..

Below?

inca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: February 12, 2015, 12:57:47 AM »

Below?

huh.. it's pretty similar to that, actually... but I'm pretty sure it was done in pixel art mostly. Thanks for the link though, this game looks quite nice

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1396 on: February 12, 2015, 01:24:47 AM »

Below?
huh.. it's pretty similar to that, actually... but I'm pretty sure it was done in pixel art mostly. Thanks for the link though, this game looks quite nice

This? Probably not.

VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1397 on: February 12, 2015, 01:40:40 AM »

a 16 bit era fighting game with a volcano in the background level and a male character that changes his costume at the start of matches. i think he looked like a 20 something mage.

Very wild guess, but Eternal Champions? It has a volcano as Slash's stage, Larcen tosses away his coat when the match starts, and Xavier looks like a typical mage.

VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1398 on: February 12, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »

Ok I'm trying to remember a PC freeware game I played in the early 00s: It was a local multiplayer game (may have had an SP mode with bots too) where each player controlled a differently colored paintbrush and tried to paint the largest area of a canvas. Everyone was on the same canvas so you could paint over other people's colors. It had cartoony pixel graphics and I'm pretty sure it was a Japanese game.

Anyone?

Battle Painters.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1399 on: February 15, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »

^ Not sure how on earth you found that, haha. I think I looked it up with that name; couldn't turn anything up.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic