Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:36:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 382379 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: September 23, 2015, 05:45:02 PM »

this was definitely a downloadable game btw, not a flash game and i specifically remember the big red button.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 08, 2015, 08:27:24 AM »

I'm looking for an indie game that was made between 2009 and 2011, possibly on a jam.
-It was a 2d multiplayer arena-ish game (up to 4 players if I reall correctly, local only)
-It featured stages with no gravity and some stages had hazards (lava, moving walls, etc)
-You had to move either jumping from wall to wall or using your jetpack
-You had some sort of shotgun or rifle, a sword that could deflect bombs, and bombs/mines that you could place on the air or on the ground
-It was a score game, and the player who was winning would have taken away his ranged weapon leaving him with only the sword
-The dev released later an updated version with extra stages, which was paid

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1562 on: October 22, 2015, 04:14:55 AM »

An isometric car racing game, made between 1997-2000 I think. It used pre-rendered environments and cars but was 2D, it was kinda futuristic and had power-ups like oil pools, rockets, boosters and so on.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1563 on: October 22, 2015, 08:54:01 AM »

Death Rally? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Rally

I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of an indie game that's in early access style development. It's a kind of programming game that uses vector wireframe graphics and you have to make neural networks or something? It looked really cool but I forgot the name and I wanted to check it out again. I think Colin Northway tweeted about it once but twitter search sucks and I couldn't find it.

valrus
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 22, 2015, 08:57:18 PM »

I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of an indie game that's in early access style development. It's a kind of programming game that uses vector wireframe graphics and you have to make neural networks or something? It looked really cool but I forgot the name and I wanted to check it out again. I think Colin Northway tweeted about it once but twitter search sucks and I couldn't find it.

NeuroIDE maybe?
Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1565 on: October 22, 2015, 10:31:25 PM »

Nope, I think it was less popular and I don't remember there being any campaign. Also, there wasn't any 3D environments and it was more somewhere between isometric and top-down.

Labbed
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1566 on: October 23, 2015, 01:55:54 PM »

Rock n' Roll Racing? Made 1993 so maybe not.

The purpose of Hadoukens is to block other Hadoukens.
LabChirp! | SASOD!
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 23, 2015, 02:05:57 PM »

rc pro am?

Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1568 on: October 24, 2015, 09:41:05 AM »

No no, it was much later, 1998-2000 I think, give or take.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: October 24, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »

wow we where full hundred into 3d era, I'm not sure there was other racing game that was iso aside rock n roll racing ...

Which platform?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_driving_and_racing_video_games

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1570 on: October 25, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »

NeuroIDE maybe?
nope, not it. this was a standalone application

tylerfunk
Level 0

I make games for fun and games

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 25, 2015, 09:50:18 AM »

I'm looking for an indie game that was made between 2009 and 2011, possibly on a jam.
-It was a 2d multiplayer arena-ish game (up to 4 players if I reall correctly, local only)
-It featured stages with no gravity and some stages had hazards (lava, moving walls, etc)
-You had to move either jumping from wall to wall or using your jetpack
-You had some sort of shotgun or rifle, a sword that could deflect bombs, and bombs/mines that you could place on the air or on the ground
-It was a score game, and the player who was winning would have taken away his ranged weapon leaving him with only the sword
-The dev released later an updated version with extra stages, which was paid

0space! It was quite a lovely little game!

MEAD✿W LARK - Metal Deity - That Sea of Neon - Breakvania
Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1572 on: October 25, 2015, 11:54:33 AM »

wow we where full hundred into 3d era, I'm not sure there was other racing game that was iso aside rock n roll racing ...

Which platform?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_driving_and_racing_video_games

GOT IT! It wasn't on that list, but I managed to find it through google images:

Excessive Speed (1999)

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: October 25, 2015, 01:13:51 PM »

what where the keywords?

Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1574 on: October 26, 2015, 01:05:06 AM »

I think it was "racing top-down PC" or something like that.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: November 28, 2015, 02:38:48 AM »

I'm looking for an indie game: It was a RPG with graphics similar to Ultima 7 based on the 3.5 D&D rules. There were story bits and some minor exploration in the game but its main focus was tactical turn-based combat. You could create your own custom party of characters. The setting was typical medieval fantasy. It's a slightly "older" game, I think it came sometime between 2009 and 2011, but not entirely sure.

edit: found it, it's called knights of the chalice.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:50:25 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1576 on: December 01, 2015, 08:20:40 AM »

If anybody is missing these - I've been looking for them for a long time :
- Hexplore
- Flimbo's Quest
- Cybernoid

Orz
Level 1

"When nothing is done, nothing is left undone."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1577 on: December 02, 2015, 10:51:58 AM »

I might have asked this before, but it is driving me crazy.

I read an article in a '90s computer game magazine about a game designed by (I think) Woody Allen.  The gimmick was that everything was based off the movement of a spinner.  There were levels where you use it to move back and forth, there was a rhythm level where you try to spin it at a given rpm, there was a flirting level where you use it like a volume knob to modulate whether you're "coming on too strong", etc.

It might never have been released, but there were screenshots in the article, so I'm hoping someone else has heard of it.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1578 on: December 06, 2015, 06:10:49 AM »

I read an article in a '90s computer game magazine about a game designed by (I think) Woody Allen.  The gimmick was that everything was based off the movement of a spinner.  There were levels where you use it to move back and forth, there was a rhythm level where you try to spin it at a given rpm, there was a flirting level where you use it like a volume knob to modulate whether you're "coming on too strong", etc.

Probably The Act, which was released a few years ago for iOS.

Eggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1579 on: December 08, 2015, 09:13:36 AM »

Here's another game which I vaguely remember. I hope one of you guys will know its name.
Ok, so this game is a PC 1st-person 3D game in a medieval/fantasy setting (or something like that), and I remember my older brother playing it. I'm fairly sure its release is between 2000 and 2007, but my memory fails me oftentimes and the game could happen to fall outside that range (probably below 2000).
Here's a list of things I remember:
-When you start the game, you disembark from a ship/boat on a fairly small dock, with a house on the other side and an elderly man waiting for you on the dock. He tells you something, and then you have to follow him into the house.
-There's a part of the game where you're in front of what looks like a "goddess" statue holding a ring, looking like she's gladly giving it to you. Taking the ring triggers a cutscene, and as soon as the cutscene ends, it cuts back to you looking at the goddess' palms, with the ring gone (having just been taken).
-You can use magic spells... or whatever they're called. I can think of at least two, where one allows you to fly (sort of) and the other allows you to breathe underwater. These are displayed as little icons in the HUD when in use (I think the "flying spell" is an upwards-curving arrow in a green box), and they fade away as they wear off.
-There's this huge ass insect/tick/whatever with long legs, which you can climb on top of. There may or may not be a guy on top of it, but by using the giant thing that looks like an insect/tick, you can go someplace else. At least one of these places, if my memory serves correctly, is a little reminiscent of desert towns.
-You can climb rocks, hills and mountains, I think. And you can jump off them and kill yourself if the ground is too far away.
-One might be able to switch to 3rd person perspective, but I'm not sure. I think yes.
-I remember a very particular enemy from the game. It's a human-sized (maybe) pterodactyl-like creature with a long spaded tail . It would come close and fly above you and repeatedly stab you with its tail until you die.
-I'm fairly certain the player character had a sword.
-If I'm correct, there's also a castle or something in the fields. All I remember is that my brother tried to flee from a monster and took shelter between at least 4 brick walls with soldiers or whatever are they called in the Middle Ages, and then they proceeded to attack him and kill him.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic