Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:14:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385985 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1600 on: February 12, 2016, 03:52:50 PM »

Yes! Thats it. thanks.

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 12, 2016, 06:14:30 PM »

There was a free indie game last year or the year before sometime. It was an FPS made to look like a Build engine game. It had this prerendered/clay animation style. It started out on a road in the desert and you jumped through some creature, then there was a convenience store. Then I think there were two more levels, one in a sewer. It was short I think it may have been a prototype. I think it had art by this guy but can't be sure.

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1602 on: February 12, 2016, 07:22:20 PM »

An arkanoid-like game played on the browser. You could only play a few rounds each day (and pay premium for more rounds) and the goal was to explore the galaxy. You would move between planets and each planet had a bunch of levels in it. Completing planets (and quests I think) unlocked upgrades.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1603 on: February 13, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »

There was a free indie game last year or the year before sometime. It was an FPS made to look like a Build engine game. It had this prerendered/clay animation style. It started out on a road in the desert and you jumped through some creature, then there was a convenience store. Then I think there were two more levels, one in a sewer. It was short I think it may have been a prototype. I think it had art by this guy but can't be sure.

Cautious V?

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 13, 2016, 08:44:44 PM »

Cautious V?
There we go, thanks.

FREAKNARF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1605 on: February 14, 2016, 12:54:37 AM »

Okay i was super close to ask about it here but finally google did the job. It's been some years i was not able to find  the name of an old game that I remember as hard and scary... I've found it ! Here's a screenshot just for fun :

Who remembers this ?

K
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1606 on: February 16, 2016, 06:40:28 PM »

Played at a conference. Laser pointer directs swarm. Swarm nodes build things, defend against attackers.
bump

Siilk
Level 0

Techpriest software enginseer

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 21, 2016, 06:43:55 PM »

Okay i was super close to ask about it here but finally google did the job. It's been some years i was not able to find  the name of an old game that I remember as hard and scary... I've found it ! Here's a screenshot just for fun :

Who remembers this ?

Easy, Metal Mutant by Silmarils. One of my all-time favourites.
Tina
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 23, 2016, 09:25:25 PM »

Well, there are few games I used to play long time ago on Sega... Already gived up on finding them...

1. First one was like blue and red squirrel (when two players are playing), there was many weapons you could choose...
There was also "giant" elevators, maybe one per level...

2. Another game I used to play only 2 days because I had to give game back to a friend. That game was about a girl, she is witch, sometimes she could use her broom. Also she could change color/or change into different witch... I never figured out why she died while I was trying to change into another, really short time to find out.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1609 on: February 24, 2016, 07:44:44 AM »

The only colour changing witch game I can think of (where you can indeed use your broom) is megaman clone The Krion Conquest, but that's for NES.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:00:31 AM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Tina
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 24, 2016, 02:43:35 PM »

The only colour changing which game I can think of (where you can indeed use your broom) is megaman clone The Krion Conquest, but that's for NES.

Thanks for searching! Maybe this is exactly that game, but I am not sure because it been really long time ago when I used to play, and for a short time. I would save the name somewere to try it later!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:54:52 PM by Tina » Logged
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1611 on: March 08, 2016, 07:48:53 AM »

I'm looking for a C64 game, it was a platformer where you had to collect items, and when you received certain items or got to certain points, other ways would be accessible ( either a bridge would come down or a platform would appear so you could go onto the other side ).
I'm quite certain the game I'm looking for was the 2nd in the series.
I would play it from a cassette on C64 and when jumping, the animation would get to the point/frame where the character spreads it's legs and stays there until it lands.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:19:21 AM by Dinomaniak » Logged

r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1612 on: March 10, 2016, 06:14:06 AM »

The was this browser based game, probably about 6 years old. I think it was all done in flash but the backgrounds were 3d rendered and rotoscoped.

It was kind of an adventure/exploration game where you had to escape an island or something similar. One of the puzzles involved you distacting all the girls in the area so an alien could take pictures of them. Once you finished the game everyone was in a hot tub together.

It was pretty high quality and some of the puzzles were really in depth.

I wanted to mention that I finally found this game again after 8 years. - https://web.archive.org/web/20070520122803/http://www.walkingincircles.com/ (click on walkies)

The fact that this thread is still alive means you should never give up hope, even in the darkest days. Or give up and maybe come back to it later, whatever
mrsmiter
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 10, 2016, 01:09:56 PM »

Heya!

I've been looking for this game for a while, Its a Japanese freeware game that resembles metroid in style. You play as a little girl who awakes from a stasis pod on a crashed space ship, trying to explore and escape. The graphical style is 16-bit sprite art and there was an English version floating around somewhere. The game itself had stealth elements, and one of the largest dangers was drowning in the part of the ship that was underwater. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks in advance!
Richy19
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 21, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »

I have one I believe was being developed on here, at least I remember it being someones signature and it having a devlog here.
It basically consisted of you being a box/square fighting another player in a platforming fighter type thing. I seem to remember one of the guys saying the art for the game was pretty much made programatically, and that the game had some homing spikes/missiles but they seemed really hard so they contemplated removing them.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 21, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »

Kerfuffle?

Richy19
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 22, 2016, 01:55:23 AM »

Sadly not, the one I am thinking of had a very minimalistic art style, the squares had no faces just solid colours. When they jumped they did have like a particle stream that followed them, I think from the 2 edges as if it were breaking through air (if that makes sense?)
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 22, 2016, 02:38:05 PM »

i don't remember of any game with blocks fighting each other beside Kerfuffle.

maybe this one? https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48599.0
but it's just a platformer
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1618 on: March 22, 2016, 09:48:01 PM »

I'm trying to remember the name of an old game, maybe for DOS or early Windows. I think it was an early indie or shareware game. The whole game was done in a style between MS Paint and typical children's pencil crayon drawings. It was a side-scroller where you played a stick figure dude, and IIRC the goal of the game was just to get over a brick wall beside your starting point but you had to go all the way around the entire planet just to get to the other side of that wall. You could also walk on and around other objects in orbit, like in Mario Galaxy.

I feel like the game file was called Stix or something, but that wasn't the full game name.

Any help would be appreciated.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 22, 2016, 10:14:20 PM »

Stixworld ?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic