Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:37:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386026 times)
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1620 on: March 22, 2016, 10:39:08 PM »

That's it, thanks! Wow, as if that original page is still up.

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 23, 2016, 04:19:34 PM »

What the heck was that free indie game that uh, I think it was for a gamejam you could like choose the sweater and shirt color of a big floating head then it started glitching out and saying you're bad for making choices for them, really lowpoly art.

EDIT: UUUGGHH I can't find this! I know RPS covered it for one of their free game roundups. It's maybe a year or two old. Game starts you choose gender of your head, then you choose hair, then you choose shirt color I think? Then it makes comment about you controlling them and forcing them to change and then it glitches and ends. It had lots of greens and blues. Was Unity I think.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:29:20 AM by Armageddon » Logged

redhades
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1622 on: April 12, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »

There was this freeware game I enjoyed some years ago that I cannot remember the name.
It was a sort of a tetris-platformer mix where you controlled this little square guy who could jump an push blocks horizontally.
And blocks where raining down from the top of the screen and stacking on top of each-other at the bottom.
You could clear lines of blocks by aligning them, I think.
When you got crushed by a block falling on top of you, you got bounced up high until you fell back down on the stack of blocks.
I remember you could select the color of your character and and select his hairdo or hat.
You could also play local multiplayer on one keyboard, and players were together in the same screen.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1623 on: April 12, 2016, 03:37:10 PM »

I'm pretty sure I saw this game in the devlogs here or some other topic. I couldn't find it again though. It's a puzzle game where you have to steal a thing and make it so it's impossible to logically imply you did it. It's a top down grid game, you play as a dark knight kind of sprite. It's a strange concept and I remember finding it really interesting, then I lost it completely.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1624 on: April 13, 2016, 08:39:48 AM »

Nope, that's not it, either. It's like there's a bunch of particles and you have to program them to connect with each other in certain ways.
space chem maybe?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1625 on: April 13, 2016, 09:36:58 PM »

Nope! I know and appreciate spacechem

Tree
Level 0

A Tree

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 15, 2016, 09:49:46 AM »

When I was a kid I used to play this educational typing game on an old disc. It was an old JumpStart game for kids. It's probably more then 10 years old by now. I have no idea where it went but it was super fun and really hard, it was an RPG sort of game with such a large map, literally a maze. It was so fun though, You had to type to defeat enemies if my memory serves me well. I doubt anyone has a clue what I'm talking about. I googled it but couldn't ever find it again.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1627 on: April 15, 2016, 01:24:43 PM »

iPhone game. Tile puzzle. Looked like bejeweled with way more colored shapes and symbols. The mechanic was you didn't know how each piece behaved. You had to figure out their relationships (there were hundreds, or at least dozens).

Sborsey
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 19, 2016, 04:46:13 AM »

Hey all. Was thinking bout a Fantasy PC RPG I played back early-mid 2000s when I was a teen. It may have been an MMORPG since you could interact with other people, but I'm not sure if it was big enough to warrant the MMORPG tag. It was one of those RPGs where you move around a map tile by tile. I remember playing a mage (one of a few classes) and there being schools of elemental magic (like elemental, buffs, and others I can't remember at least for the mage), as well as sun and dark factions or some other set of 2 or 3 factions later on. I also remember there being a variety of creatures but I vividly remember an area with higher level dinosaurs northward from the starting area. I also remember getting a cool item before I quit which let you rip enchants off items. You could also interact with other players to party up as a buff mage with a warrior for instance to go killing creatures and when roaming the map you could come across other faction's players and kill them if on the same tile. I also remember playing a mage learning a bunch of buffs and selling my buffing skills to other players for currency.

Help would be appreciated thx.

Edit: The game wasn't firstperson moving around or anything, it's one of those ones where there's an image every time to change tiles and your party is on the left side of the screen, enemies on the right, and the characters are just pictures rather than avatars.
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 21, 2016, 11:44:51 PM »

I remember a short free game, about the end of the world. It was fatured on RPS one or two years ago, but I wasn't able to found it again... It was made with Rpgmaker VX, and I think it was hosted on Gamejolt.

The game started with a character in his room, chatting with a friend about the impending end of the world. Trippy visions ensued. Near the end, the character became a bird.
Yeah, I know I don't remember much, but half of the game was basically pretty colors and trippy visions.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
torcado
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1630 on: April 28, 2016, 07:50:01 AM »

Hey, I posted this in another board and was directed to this thread. Here's what i got:

I can't remember how long ago, maybe a month or two, I was browsing the devlogs and came across a certain game that I found super cool but never saved the link or anything. I don't think it was a super popular topic either, like maybe 2 or 3 pages of replies.

From what i can remember this game was a pixel art game with a kinda of 'diagonal' style to the art, like a lot of the tiles had 45 degree angles. and the most unique feature of the game was that the tiles around the character moved slightly offset to the grid, like in waves and such. It was a sideview platformer and i think i remember some of it taking place in an underground area, somewhere dark.
I thiink it was made in gamemaker possibly, because i remember the developer talking about the specifics of how the tiles or something worked.

Sorry it's not a lot of information but i found it suuper inspiring and would love to find it again. Thanks for the help!

valrus
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 28, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »

Ghost Bird? http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-35/?action=preview&uid=5839
torcado
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1632 on: April 28, 2016, 02:31:55 PM »

HAHA thats my own game! pretty funny. yes i mainly wanted to find the game i found before as inspiration for ghost bird, but couldnt find it before the competition ended and was just running off memory. but id still love to find the game (hence why i posted again here)

Now you're making me think im copying the other game somehow, while barely remembering it Tongue

luke2009
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 03, 2016, 03:08:40 PM »

I want to know which game is this: https://i.imgur.com/zotNC64.png

Thanks!
Canned Turkey
« Reply #1634 on: May 03, 2016, 04:09:52 PM »

مدرسة القومية بالعجوزة
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1635 on: May 03, 2016, 09:08:11 PM »

^ Huh?

I want to know which game is this: https://i.imgur.com/zotNC64.png

Thanks!

Looks like Secrets of Grindea.

Conker
« Reply #1636 on: May 05, 2016, 11:20:23 AM »

I totally just had a vague memory of a game I used to play as a kid but I can't remember much of it. I just remember I had a great time on it.

So I remember that you played as robots, and as you killed enemy robots on the map, you would gain EXP and I think there were 3 different 'levels' you could be at with the EXP. I remember a desertish level I think. As I said my memory is pretty vague on it.

It was a platformer, and i'm like 90% sure it was for GBA... Any ideas?
chances_r
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 07, 2016, 07:53:15 AM »

Tried the "game finder" on Moby, but no luck.  Same on Google.  Maybe someone here can help.

This is a browser game.  It's side-scrolling where you drive a medieval looking "battle wagon" with an attached cannon.  A medieval tank, of sorts.

The goal is to squash peasants and knock over their castle.   I recall it used physics when driving over the rough terrain and peasant houses.

The artwork is mostly black silhouette, and maybe a grayish background sky.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1638 on: May 08, 2016, 03:16:41 PM »

http://www.miniclip.com/games/super-goblin-war-machine/en/

Super Goblin War Machine?

chances_r
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 09, 2016, 03:28:09 PM »

Super Goblin War Machine?

That's it!  Thanks so much.  I guess "Goblin" was the keyword missing in my Google search.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic