Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:24:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385923 times)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 11, 2016, 10:21:49 PM »

I totally just had a vague memory of a game I used to play as a kid but I can't remember much of it. I just remember I had a great time on it.

So I remember that you played as robots, and as you killed enemy robots on the map, you would gain EXP and I think there were 3 different 'levels' you could be at with the EXP. I remember a desertish level I think. As I said my memory is pretty vague on it.

It was a platformer, and i'm like 90% sure it was for GBA... Any ideas?
Maybe one of Gundam SD games
Conker
« Reply #1641 on: May 11, 2016, 10:53:38 PM »

I LOVE YOU.

THANK YOUUUU
luke2009
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 14, 2016, 02:57:00 PM »

Thank you !
Latimer
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 17, 2016, 07:38:19 AM »

I remember, a long time ago (at least 6 or 7 years ago) there was this flash game, about zombies. I remember that you played as a guy who went home and found out that his wife was taken by zombies, and you had to embark across the city with your best friend, who is an arms dealer, to get her back. The gameplay was kind of Space Invaders style, except there was a wall over on the left side, you were behind it, and zombies were coming from the right. You and the friend had to protect the wall from the zombies. The art style was very cartoony.

Anyone familiar?
bittwyst
Level 1

Twitter: @bittwyst

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1644 on: May 18, 2016, 08:17:25 AM »

A while ago when I started lurking around the tig forums but before I signed up, I saw a devlog for a game that looked cool, and I haven't managed to find it again lately.
Two-player (maybe could also be played against AI), at the top & bottom of the screen, whacking a ball or some such toward the other player's goal. Different player types with different special abilities, cute animals bouncing about in the borders to the side of the pitch, etc.

You know the one, right?

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 18, 2016, 08:36:17 AM »

SpiritSphere?

https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=50411
bittwyst
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1646 on: May 18, 2016, 08:39:15 AM »

Yay, thanks!  Beer!

Eminor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 25, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »

Hi guys, I'm going to bother you for good now xD this has been driving me nuts for 10 years.
I'm not sure how much I have been corrupted by false memory so bear with me.

I played a demo from one of those magazines that came with a cd (lol I'm old), I think it was mid 90s, not sure if dos or windows, I remember the game being in 3rd person, horror shooter, the setting was some sort of haunted manor with various monsters. I think there was a flying camera around the player as it was a kind of tv show but the monsters were real and maybe you gained "viewing points" by making skilled kills. Strange thing was the implementation of bullet time where some kills would have a slowmo replay. Maybe there was a girl to save and a show conductor on pop up screens and maybe there was a pop up screen with the flying camera pov, not sure.

Seemed to be really hard, could never get passed a certain point with a specific monster. I think I never passed the demo. No idea if it was ever released as a full game. Never heard of it since. I started thinking about it around 10 years ago and got amazed about how it was nowhere to be seen on the net.

Would be amazing to put this one to rest after such a long time.
Eminor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 25, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »

Hi guys, I'm going to bother you for good now xD this has been driving me nuts for 10 years.
I'm not sure how much I have been corrupted by false memory so bear with me.

I played a demo from one of those magazines that came with a cd (lol I'm old), I think it was mid 90s, not sure if dos or windows, I remember the game being in 3rd person, horror shooter, the setting was some sort of haunted manor with various monsters. I think there was a flying camera around the player as it was a kind of tv show but the monsters were real and maybe you gained "viewing points" by making skilled kills. Strange thing was the implementation of bullet time where some kills would have a slowmo replay. Maybe there was a girl to save and a show conductor on pop up screens and maybe there was a pop up screen with the flying camera pov, not sure.

Seemed to be really hard, could never get passed a certain point with a specific monster. I think I never passed the demo. No idea if it was ever released as a full game. Never heard of it since. I started thinking about it around 10 years ago and got amazed about how it was nowhere to be seen on the net.

Would be amazing to put this one to rest after such a long time.

A superhuman person solved it for me!

The Devil Inside (2000)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of?page=666#23658670
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 25, 2016, 05:51:02 PM »

lol that actually looks kinda cool in a very cheesy 90s sort of way
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1650 on: May 31, 2016, 08:10:03 AM »

Human vs alien game, you moved your squad around and upgraded their weapons.
The aliens behaved like an RTS, taking over bases. You had to use differetn weapons to kill different kinds of aliens.
I think there was a grenade.
When you took over a base you had to secure it then could move your troops from there. You had to win quickly as you couldn't get more troops.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1651 on: May 31, 2016, 08:17:36 AM »

Infested planet?

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1652 on: June 01, 2016, 07:22:05 AM »

Infested planet?

Yes, thank you!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 05, 2016, 01:59:21 PM »

i'm trying to remember a shareware game from the late 90s or early 00s.

it was a 2D top-down puzzle/adventure game where you guided a small, vaguely hobbit-looking dude around some kind of maze. i don't remember the exact nature of the puzzles, but they involved picking up and using items (i think). one of the most memorable features of the game was that every player action was voiced by the protagonist in a high-pitched cartoony voice. "what can it mean?" is one quote i remember.
bittwyst
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1654 on: June 06, 2016, 01:25:43 AM »

Sounds like the Valhalla games?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 06, 2016, 03:03:32 AM »

Yes, thank you!  Smiley

Goddamn i only watched 3 minutes of this and the voice acting already got annoying.

EDIT: holy shit this game looks awful
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:01:43 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
saharo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 07, 2016, 01:35:24 AM »

looking for a name:

It's new, probably in development, maybe released.
I remember the trailer, showing two main characters:
 - a little one, maybe a child
 - a giant-bear like creature, silent.
The gameplay would show how puzzles would need the interaction of the two, like she pointing at something, and the giant picking that.

Looking ad Ori and the Blind Forest reminds me of it, but the trailer I remember was about something looking more like and adventure/puzzle game rather than a platform/adventure game.

Was I dreaming or what I'm looking for exists?

Thanks

any help?
bittwyst
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1657 on: June 07, 2016, 01:57:36 AM »

Yes, thank you!  Smiley

Goddamn i only watched 3 minutes of this and the voice acting already got annoying.

EDIT: holy shit this game looks awful
The best thing to come out of it was this masterpiece, on an Amiga Power coverdisk...

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 07, 2016, 02:17:06 AM »

looking for a name:

It's new, probably in development, maybe released.
I remember the trailer, showing two main characters:
 - a little one, maybe a child
 - a giant-bear like creature, silent.
The gameplay would show how puzzles would need the interaction of the two, like she pointing at something, and the giant picking that.

Looking ad Ori and the Blind Forest reminds me of it, but the trailer I remember was about something looking more like and adventure/puzzle game rather than a platform/adventure game.

Was I dreaming or what I'm looking for exists?

Thanks

any help?

sounds like the last guardian
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 07, 2016, 02:15:43 PM »

i think it's Papo & Yo
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 96
Print
Jump to: