Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:40:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 382354 times)
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1700 on: June 20, 2017, 07:02:15 PM »

There's a certain game I'm fairly sure came from around here - it was some fast-paced Contra-style shooter where the music was this long rock opera song with vocals that were "sung" by enormous HR Giger looking robot heads that would fly through. You basically just stood on a single floating platform while the whole level flew by around you.

I think it was called Level 2 or something along those lines, something else similarly impossible to look up, but I might be confusing that name with Level 22.

It was called Level 2.

DonkoDonson
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 23, 2017, 07:17:24 PM »

I'm posting this here cause I could've sworn the game was originally posted in the VGNG competition, but I can't find it there.  By the look of it it was probably made in game maker, 2008-era, and was a side/bottom scrolling shooter where you played a little soldier making his way down a procedural landscape of floating islands and killing everybody.  Every once in a while you'd get updates on how the war was going, seasons passed, and as you got farther down the landscape changed from WW2-esque to more futuristic.  If you got far enough you were eventually redeployed in this futuristic neon landscape with weird armor and a camera followed you around to document all the killing you did, but the game still went on forever.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1702 on: June 24, 2017, 09:24:58 AM »

I'm posting this here cause I could've sworn the game was originally posted in the VGNG competition, but I can't find it there.  By the look of it it was probably made in game maker, 2008-era, and was a side/bottom scrolling shooter where you played a little soldier making his way down a procedural landscape of floating islands and killing everybody.  Every once in a while you'd get updates on how the war was going, seasons passed, and as you got farther down the landscape changed from WW2-esque to more futuristic.  If you got far enough you were eventually redeployed in this futuristic neon landscape with weird armor and a camera followed you around to document all the killing you did, but the game still went on forever.
http://www.quicksandgames.com/wwy/

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1703 on: July 10, 2017, 10:48:02 AM »

Thanks SolarLune

OBlue3
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: August 05, 2017, 08:13:54 AM »

So I have this game in mind for a while that I cannot remember at all.

I used to play it on PC, when I was a kid, so I guess the game came out in 2000 +/- 5 years. It was a 2D game.

You control a small figure that jumps up and down constantly and you cannot stop, but you only can move it right and left. Your aim is to reach the end of the level in some kind of a maze. To reach the end, you have to break the boxes while jumping. The boxes were colored differently and you have to change your color in order to break the box.

The game was meant for kids I guess, or casual gamers, and I do not think it was made by a huge company, I think it is one of those small games that come in packs. I did not even have the full game, it was just a demo, but I loved it and I hope I can find it again.

Another game that I barely remember, I also played it as a kid so around 2000 +/- 5 years, on PC. It was a racing car game, but what I only remember about it is that it was somehow futuristic, and in the intro video at the start of the game, there was a scene where a man wearing a red/blue armor but without a headpiece hits a blond man wearing a yellow armor.

Thanks in advance.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: August 06, 2017, 03:22:32 PM »

A lot of that first game sounds like Diamonds:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamonds_%28video_game%29
It's got the constantly moving up and down while only being able to control left and right movement, as well as changing your color to break blocks.

However, you control a ball, not a figure of any sort, you're just kinda bouncing in space, not jumping, the goal of a level was to break all the blocks/diamonds, not reach the end of a maze, and it was a Mac game from 1992, not a PC game from around 2000.  So I don't know if that'd actually be the game.
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 06, 2017, 06:09:04 PM »

A lot of that first game sounds like Diamonds:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamonds_%28video_game%29
It's got the constantly moving up and down while only being able to control left and right movement, as well as changing your color to break blocks.

However, you control a ball, not a figure of any sort, you're just kinda bouncing in space, not jumping, the goal of a level was to break all the blocks/diamonds, not reach the end of a maze, and it was a Mac game from 1992, not a PC game from around 2000.  So I don't know if that'd actually be the game.
I played this when I was little! And I did not remember the title! So at least you helped a person out of two here  Coffee thanks!

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: August 06, 2017, 08:03:23 PM »

I ask for a game on amstrad earlier, I found it, it's APB
https://youtu.be/0Ebq_l4sjaA?t=90?
Song I was referencing is at 1:30mn

deepakverma84
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: August 12, 2017, 06:39:48 AM »

I forgot the name of this game. I used to play it when I was a kid in 90s. It was a fight mission game like final fight, double dragon, etc. When its first stage was started, the player used to sit on his knees locked inside a chamber like place and then a bomb was rolled from his hand and then the gate was blasted and then the stage was start.
In this game, we fought with enemies(both weak and strong) to go ahead. Some enemies were come from helicopter (they used to be strong enemies with more vitality). Our player took guns and other weapons from the enemies he killed and he used them in the game to kill other enemies.

Any help on this would be appreciated guys... please help !!
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: August 12, 2017, 07:58:26 AM »

that sounds like POW: Prisoner of War
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1710 on: August 23, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »

I'm looking for a game I saw a video of once. It was a really unintentionally funny cutscene. Looks like a FPS with a tough guy in shades. I can't remember the entire dialogue but one sentence stuck on my memory "Is it really that easy?" but he says it very slowly and strangely, as if english is not the voice actor's first language. He was helping another guy do something but the other guy dies and there's a super awkward death scene that ends with tough guy in shades screaming awkwardly "die you bastards!"

Anyway, it made me laugh and I wanted to find it again.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1711 on: August 29, 2017, 06:32:57 AM »

I'm looking for a game I saw a video of once. It was a really unintentionally funny cutscene. Looks like a FPS with a tough guy in shades. I can't remember the entire dialogue but one sentence stuck on my memory "Is it really that easy?" but he says it very slowly and strangely, as if english is not the voice actor's first language. He was helping another guy do something but the other guy dies and there's a super awkward death scene that ends with tough guy in shades screaming awkwardly "die you bastards!"

I think I saw that recently.. how old was the game?

I'm looking for a game on Tigsource -- train / subway / you play a detective /// choose your own adventure talking to people. 2D, pixel graphics.

You're trying to solve some mystery. I thought Subspace Circular was the latest version of it but @mikebithell said SC was always 3D.

Anyone remember this from devlogs?

Birnove
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: August 30, 2017, 06:34:26 AM »

I am trying to see if anyone recalls a game as it follows,
You were in a village, there were caves with monster(Lizard, crocodiles, etc) and the usual loot/drop system, there was a well in the town or close which had a kraken or octopus boss, if you were killed all your gear was tossed around the room you died in, there was a circular room in the cave where there was some tablet with some legend/letters, I think in this same room there was some ff8 wendigo look-like which attacked by rotating, there was some ice-like skill that made the monster get stuck in the spot they were, i was never able to beat the kraken nor the wendigo thing. It had multi player in which you could play with someone and navigate the same caves.

It had some other game where you could race (running) if you had other players, you had to run around some kind of square or circle shaped area, you couldn t fall off.
It was for playstation or before that, played it like 14 to 16 years ago, never found the name of it.
Similar to baldur gate, however i can t recall it having that much conversation.
I didn t own the game but i will see if i can find what console it was for.
Edit:
It was likely a dreamcast game.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:54:40 AM by Birnove » Logged
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1713 on: August 30, 2017, 06:41:51 AM »

exodus from the earth. I can't find a video without dumb commentary but here's the cutscene
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:47:10 AM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1714 on: August 30, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »

YEES! that's it! Thank you! lol I'll try to find one without the commentary

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 03, 2017, 03:15:21 AM »

that cutscene is a masterpiece
Napoleon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 14, 2017, 05:49:19 AM »

Hi, I hope you can help me find this game I can't remember it's name  Sad

I remember playing this game about 8 years ago(I think that's about the date it was released)(the time may be off a bit),It was an indie game where you are playing as a bird person and your objective is to explore the world and collect objects and build a tower.

Some more info:
-The game was 2D.
-The graphics looked hand-drawn like crayon paintings.
-The soundtrack was piano music(Or some other classical music).
-Once you found an object you need to stand on it for a few seconds while the screen shakes, then you and the object return to the starting point where the new object is stocked upon the old objects you found.
-You couldn't fly but you could glide.

That's about everything I remember, Hope you can help.
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 15, 2017, 05:42:49 AM »

I remember playing this game about 8 years ago(I think that's about the date it was released)(the time may be off a bit),It was an indie game where you are playing as a bird person and your objective is to explore the world and collect objects and build a tower.

Some more info:
-The game was 2D.
-Once you found an object you need to stand on it for a few seconds while the screen shakes, then you and the object return to the starting point where the new object is stocked upon the old objects you found.

Blueberry Garden by Erik Svedang Smiley
https://eriksvedang.com/blueberrygarden/
Napoleon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 17, 2017, 12:49:38 AM »

Some more info:
-The game was 2D.

Blueberry Garden by Erik Svedang Smiley
https://eriksvedang.com/blueberrygarden/
Thank you so much!!, That's quite amazing how you found it, Thanks again!!.
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 18, 2017, 10:27:26 AM »

Thank you so much!!, That's quite amazing how you found it, Thanks again!!.

haha, no problem -- it's one of my favourite games and quite distinct, your description is great so I knew immediately what you were talking about Wink
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic