Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:37:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385449 times)
Akaoni
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: October 19, 2018, 09:49:18 AM »

google became too cosmic brained to help me find anything
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1801 on: October 21, 2018, 08:36:00 AM »

looks like a mr. gimmick fangame

raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: November 22, 2018, 09:42:42 AM »

looks like a mr. gimmick fangame

uh.. what game is this?! Smiley
Honno
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: November 26, 2018, 03:01:53 AM »

Best internet forum thread ever—fun just browsing posts here heh.

Was wondering if anyone knows about a game from now a good few years ago (decade+ possibly)...

• On PC as a freeware indie game
  • 2D platformer (I believe pixel art-y)
  • Play as a pirate boy
  • Travel to different islands via small raft boat
  • Action and platforming bits n' islands i.e. bosses, NPC discussions hinting for progress
  • Good chance I found it on indiegames but can't find a post about it anywhere

I recall really enjoying it, but have no idea now and wanna see how it plays. Seemed really impressive for a hobbyist project for sure and I'd want to follow that developer's post-work.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: November 26, 2018, 03:31:09 AM »

I never played it but it was treasure adventure game as featured on pig scene
JennieAndr6
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: December 15, 2018, 11:13:48 PM »

Hi guys, i remember i used to play this first person point and click styled game  with horror and mystery vibe in it
The plot is, the  main character  goes back home to find  no one, he check around the house to try to discover why no one is  home i guess, in the game there is this event  where a girl voice is heard inside the bathroom vent (or work office vent ?, i forgot) and the main character is interacted with the girl That is as far as i can remember

Minor details ( i remeber that you could navigate the house using map, so you open the map and choose your location)
(And in the protagonist bedroom, there's a   bedside desk with a cabinet that have a handgun in it)

It plays a lot like Sweet Home by Capcom
Or the 1983 Univited
Exlcared
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: January 28, 2019, 02:58:16 AM »

Now there's this Old mobile game about cogs and gears where you build huge structures and earn coins. There's multiple worlds with different structures and... It's an idle game.
Also I still have a screenshot of it but google reverse image search only wants to tell me how to make a screenshot because I didn't manage to get the original screenshot from my old smartphone so I had to make a photo of the screen.
I posted the photo of the screenshot on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/YAgXbQH
skyleeshelby
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: January 29, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »

Hi everyone! I cannot find the name of this game I used to play when I was a young kid. Basically, it was this online computer game where you had this small plot of land (I specifically remember it having a tree in the far left bottom corner) which you could place little gnome villagers, houses, animals, etc. I remember that there were a mushroom house and little other houses. It was probably on just some small platform that had other games but if you could just find me the name of the game I'd be so grateful!!! Thank you so much!
MysteryFarm
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 29, 2019, 01:50:13 PM »

So, I’m in the search a missing game a redditor brought up on r/tipofmyjoystick.
Basically, multiple people remember one indie game where you play as a farmer that murdered his wife, and the objective of the game is too avoid the police by doing mundane tasks.

All information can be found in these threads:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/comments/aapyns/avoiding_the_police_after_killing_your_wife/
https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/comments/a6wfbm/pc_evil_farming_game/ebz56eb/
https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/comments/4h5w1w/this_game_was_kind_of_like_harvest_moon/

No one has been able to find the game, so I took it upon myself to do some investigation work. I came up with nothing after hours of work.
But, I was told you guys could help me
FilipFilip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 03, 2019, 11:58:22 AM »

Hello can somebody help me im looking for a game i think its a kind of murder detective game and i know u have to solve some riddles and ur character is a guy i think i played it when i was 5 years old and i wanted to play it again i cant remember what the platform was but if u can tell me what the game is it would be very helpful also i think you need to put CD to play it so maybe the platform is CD,but im not sure anyways thanks for reading this have a nice day Hand Thumbs Up Right
C0nfetti
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 05, 2019, 11:50:13 AM »

My 18 year old son has been looking for a game that he used to play with his father and I on our PC when he was little. (He's feeling a little nostolgic)

What we can remember:

We played it sometime between 2005-2008.

It was on our computer.

The goal was to destroy the object hovering on the screen. They were 3D rendered.

Each object was made up of blocks and spun while you tried to destroy them.

We think you shot a ball at it using a moving platform.

The background music was electric guitar (think Joe Satriani-esque).

Two of the objects we specifically remember having to destroy was a flower and a scorpion.

If you destroyed parts of the object, like part of the body but not the legs, the intact parts continued stay in place even though they weren't connected to the body anymore.

If anyone can think of what this game was, we would be so very grateful.
Eggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1811 on: March 09, 2019, 12:04:24 PM »

Ok so I don't remember much about this game, but I recently recalled that I played this game at least once before.
Anyhow it's an old 3D first person shooter I believe, which I played on Windows XP. The graphics would be along the lines of other FPS games from the time like Quake 2 I think, either way they weren't fancy like today's games for example. What I remember about it is that I had a gun but I don't remember if I was able to choose different weapons - though I had different types of bombs (one of which was a smoke bomb) that could be thrown by pressing a number on the keyboard from 1 to 6 I think and the bombs were limited in quantity. As far as maps go I don't remember a whole lot, but some of them were set in outer space and had a lesser gravity force than normal maps (i.e. you'd be floating down like a feather instead of falling). There was also a map with regular gravity and a plain black skybox that consisted of bumpy terrain enclosed by walls shaped like a big green grid, and it was possible to fall out of the map and die by finding a hole of sorts somewhere on the edge and crawling through it (thanks to a bit of terrain going a little too deep in that spot without the wall covering it). You also had the ability to spawn a floating laser gun thing (don't know 100%) which I believe would attack your opponents and slowly spin around itself when idle, and you could stand on it too. I don't remember any sounds or enemies - just the general idea of exploring each map and fooling around - but that might just be something I've forgotten completely. I also vaguely remember a little circle sprite that came in different colors (I think I remember green, yellow and red) and was used for some things, e.g. denoting an object's state - I can recall seeing an instance of the circle being displayed somewhere where it changed color a couple of times before starting to flash followed by something happening to the object the circle was tied to, maybe an explosion or something.
I'd be very grateful if anyone is able to help me find out what this game way.
mbored4880
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 12, 2019, 07:36:03 PM »

Ok I have been searching for this game for a long time so im gonna go into all detail i can remember.
It was a sci-fi game set in space but had VERY little to do with spaceships(you were only there for story cinematics), back view (or first person i think). I think i played it between 2004-2012. It was on a demo disk for windows. As for the story: you were a soldier. The game was set in space. I remember the planet being attacked by aliens. It looked like a normal shooter. The character wore very light armor most of the time. Once you got attacked you had to flee the planet on a spaceship. After some time you went to an alien tample and you were given powers my a beam of light. Powers were: short teleportations, different blasts, shockwaves etc. You could equip up to 2 at a time and you could level them so they become better. There was a friendly alien race with spike/blades coming our of their forearms facing backwards (not towards hand). They kind of looked like protoss from starcraft. The last part of the demo (maybe of the game too) was you fighting with some super powerful being in a temple. you entered through a huge door and he talked to you and started throwing black spheres at you and you had to deflect them at him to win.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1813 on: March 17, 2019, 08:21:44 AM »

Ok I have been searching for this game for a long time so im gonna go into all detail i can remember.
It was a sci-fi game set in space but had VERY little to do with spaceships(you were only there for story cinematics), back view (or first person i think). I think i played it between 2004-2012. It was on a demo disk for windows. As for the story: you were a soldier. The game was set in space. I remember the planet being attacked by aliens. It looked like a normal shooter. The character wore very light armor most of the time. Once you got attacked you had to flee the planet on a spaceship. After some time you went to an alien tample and you were given powers my a beam of light. Powers were: short teleportations, different blasts, shockwaves etc. You could equip up to 2 at a time and you could level them so they become better. There was a friendly alien race with spike/blades coming our of their forearms facing backwards (not towards hand). They kind of looked like protoss from starcraft. The last part of the demo (maybe of the game too) was you fighting with some super powerful being in a temple. you entered through a huge door and he talked to you and started throwing black spheres at you and you had to deflect them at him to win.
Advent Rising?

Eggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1814 on: March 19, 2019, 03:39:00 AM »

I just remembered another game that I played but can't remember the name of and could use some help finding. This is what I remember:
- It was a side-scrolling shoot 'em up game for Windows from sometime in 2000-2010 where you pilot an aircraft of sorts. You'd start from the left and progressively move to the right while you survive oncoming attacks until you reach the boss (kind of like Heavy Weapon Deluxe but with the aforementioned aircraft instead of a tank and different gameplay features). I think I played a demo version since I only ever recall playing one level
- The graphics were likely pixel art, but I'm not 100% sure.
- You could turn on invincibility/god mode during gameplay by pressing a key (probably I or G but I don't remember which one exactly). An icon would show up on one side of the screen - I think the right hand side - and I'm pretty sure the icon looked like a skull overlayed by the no symbol ( ⃠ ) to show you that you can't die. Pressing the key to enable/disable this mode was accompanied by a sound effect.
- The level that I remember playing took place at nighttime. You'd have to shoot oncoming enemies (I think there was also a type of aircraft from which soldiers drop off to attack you) and I think it might have also involved bullet hell since I recall dying a lot without invincibility mode on (either that or I was just bad at playing). You could also destroy various props and bystanders on the ground, and something I particularly remember is that one of these is an outhouse with a man inside.
- The boss of the level I played was mechanical and looked something like this:

The actual thing probably looks a bit different from this doodle (most likely the head as I have forgotten what it looked like), but in general this is the basic appearance which I can distinctly recall.
I don't remember what the top part did, but the bottom part had the ability to project light beams like a spotlight (don't remember if it did damage but it probably did). There were multiple segments on the boss that each had to be sufficiently damaged to beat the boss and pass the level.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1815 on: March 21, 2019, 09:40:21 AM »

kind of sounds like Jets N Guns?

Eggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1816 on: March 22, 2019, 12:26:46 AM »

YES that's exactly it!!! Thank you so much!
As it appears this game has multiple versions but I found a video depicting exactly what I played thanks to the name suggestion, complete with everything I described except for invincibility usage. Even the "Game Over" music is so distinctly familiar that I know this is the thing I was looking for. Apparently what I was playing was a "Technology Demo" lol.
PlasticCogLiquid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 31, 2019, 05:51:52 PM »

This is driving me nutzo. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

It was a space game that played like Solar Winds, but it was a windows game, and it was the 3rd in a series. The game started out with pre-rendered graphics and played like Myst(Blech!)or The Journeyman Project where you have to fix some electronics on the bridge but after you got through that part it was totally like Solar Winds.

I can't find it for the life of me, maybe you guys can help? The pre-rendered parts really make it stand out but my Google-fu is weak.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 06:11:50 PM by PlasticCogLiquid » Logged
Dune
Level 0

Hey!

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 03, 2019, 07:47:21 PM »

This may be a shot in the dark, but here goes! Years ago I played this weird browser-based point-and-click game (probably a flash game) with 2D art in which you were a doctor who had to diagnose and treat the mental illnesses of stuffed animals. It was really surreal and I don't remember any dialogue/text. There were around 5 stuffed animals you had to help, and they way you'd do it was seeing how the patient reacted to various stimuli. They would come into the exam room really scared and if you gave them an object that made them recall a traumatic experience or something relevant to their condition, there would be a flashback cutscene showing what happened to them, and when you helped them with treatment they would become more relaxed and be able to leave the clinic healthier and happier. I think there might have been a stuffed hippo or an elephant, but there's one case in specific I remember: there was a toy snake with rainbow rings that made up its body segments, and the flashback cutscene showed that its owners used to keep the snake in their car (like fuzzy dice on the mirror) and hid drugs inside of its tail, so the toy snake would suffer from, like, horrible acid trips and so it was afraid of the sound of its own rattling tail. Once you discover this, you (the doctor) unscrew the tail and shake all the drugs out, and iirc the snake stops making a rattling sound and starts feeling a lot better.

Really bizarre game concept, I know, but it's stuck in my head for years! Except I can't remember the name or enough info to help me find it. Shrug
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1819 on: April 04, 2019, 08:47:59 PM »

This may be a shot in the dark, but here goes! Years ago I played this weird browser-based point-and-click game (probably a flash game) with 2D art in which you were a doctor who had to diagnose and treat the mental illnesses of stuffed animals. It was really surreal and I don't remember any dialogue/text. There were around 5 stuffed animals you had to help, and they way you'd do it was seeing how the patient reacted to various stimuli. They would come into the exam room really scared and if you gave them an object that made them recall a traumatic experience or something relevant to their condition, there would be a flashback cutscene showing what happened to them, and when you helped them with treatment they would become more relaxed and be able to leave the clinic healthier and happier. I think there might have been a stuffed hippo or an elephant, but there's one case in specific I remember: there was a toy snake with rainbow rings that made up its body segments, and the flashback cutscene showed that its owners used to keep the snake in their car (like fuzzy dice on the mirror) and hid drugs inside of its tail, so the toy snake would suffer from, like, horrible acid trips and so it was afraid of the sound of its own rattling tail. Once you discover this, you (the doctor) unscrew the tail and shake all the drugs out, and iirc the snake stops making a rattling sound and starts feeling a lot better.

Really bizarre game concept, I know, but it's stuck in my head for years! Except I can't remember the name or enough info to help me find it. Shrug
Pretty sure this is The Asylum. https://jayisgames.com/review/the-asylum.php. I’m on my ipad so i can’t tell if any of the links to the game work, but you should be able to find it somewhere.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic