Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:51:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385945 times)
Dune
Level 0

Hey!

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: April 09, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »

That's it, that's the game!!! I can't believe you found it, thank-you very very much!!! Hand Clap Now I can finally check it out again after all this years and see what I remember! Tears of Joy

This may be a shot in the dark, but here goes! Years ago I played this weird browser-based point-and-click game (probably a flash game) with 2D art in which you were a doctor who had to diagnose and treat the mental illnesses of stuffed animals. It was really surreal and I don't remember any dialogue/text. There were around 5 stuffed animals you had to help, and they way you'd do it was seeing how the patient reacted to various stimuli. They would come into the exam room really scared and if you gave them an object that made them recall a traumatic experience or something relevant to their condition, there would be a flashback cutscene showing what happened to them, and when you helped them with treatment they would become more relaxed and be able to leave the clinic healthier and happier. I think there might have been a stuffed hippo or an elephant, but there's one case in specific I remember: there was a toy snake with rainbow rings that made up its body segments, and the flashback cutscene showed that its owners used to keep the snake in their car (like fuzzy dice on the mirror) and hid drugs inside of its tail, so the toy snake would suffer from, like, horrible acid trips and so it was afraid of the sound of its own rattling tail. Once you discover this, you (the doctor) unscrew the tail and shake all the drugs out, and iirc the snake stops making a rattling sound and starts feeling a lot better.

Really bizarre game concept, I know, but it's stuck in my head for years! Except I can't remember the name or enough info to help me find it. Shrug
Pretty sure this is The Asylum. https://jayisgames.com/review/the-asylum.php. I’m on my ipad so i can’t tell if any of the links to the game work, but you should be able to find it somewhere.
Skulled
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 14, 2019, 05:24:11 AM »

So I'm trying to find an indie game made by a dude. It was local co-up where you're coloured stick figures that looks like Nidhogg except you're floating through space. It was a brawler of kinds where you'd fly towards each other and do some punching and sometimes get knocked way back. I think he was working on a sequel where on twitter he was showing off the players shooting a laser beam that could destroy terrain. Generally the animations and effects where very nice. I could of sworn it was on itch.io but I can't find it anywhere and can't remember his twitter. Long shot but hopefully somebody will know what I'm talking about. Coffee
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1822 on: April 17, 2019, 05:07:57 PM »

So I'm trying to find an indie game made by a dude. It was local co-up where you're coloured stick figures that looks like Nidhogg except you're floating through space. It was a brawler of kinds where you'd fly towards each other and do some punching and sometimes get knocked way back. I think he was working on a sequel where on twitter he was showing off the players shooting a laser beam that could destroy terrain. Generally the animations and effects where very nice. I could of sworn it was on itch.io but I can't find it anywhere and can't remember his twitter. Long shot but hopefully somebody will know what I'm talking about. Coffee
Sounds kind of like 0space? https://teknopants.itch.io/0space

Skulled
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 18, 2019, 08:20:11 AM »

That is a cool game thanks but not what I'm after. I think the camera would zoom in and out to keep the players on screen rather than have split-screen.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1824 on: April 18, 2019, 07:55:06 PM »

hmmmm... is it maybe something more like Stick Fight? https://store.steampowered.com/app/674940/Stick_Fight_The_Game/

Skulled
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: April 19, 2019, 10:55:35 AM »

No it was a pixelly artstyle if I recall. Pretty sure it's not on Steam.
FilipFilip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: April 20, 2019, 07:29:58 AM »

hello tanner  can you help me im looking for a game i think its a kind of murder detective game and i know u have to solve some riddles and ur character is a guy i think i played it when i was 5 years old and i wanted to play it again i cant remember what the platform was but if u can tell me what the game is it would be very helpful also i think you need to put CD to play it so maybe the platform is CD,but im not sure anyways thanks for reading this have a nice day  Hand Metal Right
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: April 21, 2019, 09:45:24 AM »

Is it Rebop Blasters? https://dean-sick.itch.io/rebop-blasters
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1828 on: April 21, 2019, 05:39:58 PM »

hello tanner  can you help me im looking for a game i think its a kind of murder detective game and i know u have to solve some riddles and ur character is a guy i think i played it when i was 5 years old and i wanted to play it again i cant remember what the platform was but if u can tell me what the game is it would be very helpful also i think you need to put CD to play it so maybe the platform is CD,but im not sure anyways thanks for reading this have a nice day  Hand Metal Right
i'm sorry, that could be any of dozens of games. is there anything more specific you can tell me? saying you were five years old gives no frame of reference because we don't know how old you are.

Skulled
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: April 23, 2019, 04:30:09 AM »

Is it Rebop Blasters? https://dean-sick.itch.io/rebop-blasters

YES THANK YOU OH MY GOD YISSSSSSSSSS
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: April 23, 2019, 07:27:23 AM »

YES THANK YOU OH MY GOD YISSSSSSSSSS

Haha awesome! Happy to help, it's a cool game with a really cool style Smiley
nicknicknicknick
Level 0

idkfa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1831 on: April 27, 2019, 05:54:58 AM »

There was definitely a comedic game with potentially a long name, about... a dog? Who was either a detective or a lawyer or otherwise involved in the justice system. Not exactly McGruff the Crime Dog, but I feel like the name had a similar prosody.

I also feel like it was released around the same time as Frog Fractions, or at least it occupied the same mindspace for a time.

Trying my hardest to remember this... Facepalm

8-Bit Personality, 16-Bit Looks
http://nicknicknicknick.net
nicknicknicknick
Level 0

idkfa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1832 on: April 27, 2019, 06:22:09 AM »

Hah! Just remembered mobygames and searched for "dog" and of course the answer was...

Murder Dog IV: Trial of the Murder Dog.

8-Bit Personality, 16-Bit Looks
http://nicknicknicknick.net
FilipFilip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: April 29, 2019, 06:06:03 AM »

Tanner it's a click point game 3rd person game detective/adventure/horror game there is a guy with blonde hair with a brown jacket and i think he has a goatee and in the beginning the guy and his friend order a pizza while a girl is running away from kidnappers into your office.Then the door is locked and you have to figure out a way to get out of there with the girl. You eventually get to the rooftop and there are more missions after that but we can't remember that well. At one point you are at the butcher shop and I think that the point of that mission was to prove that someone was killing people. The last thing I remember was a mission where you tried to get into a castle but we stopped playing then. We played it on PC,it had a long intro every time you went into the game,iirc it was about a lady that was hung and in pain. We played it in 2012 i think.I hope you can help me now.  Shrug
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: April 30, 2019, 05:07:48 AM »

sounds like gabriel knight
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: May 01, 2019, 06:34:05 AM »

or Broken Sword
wktr_t
Level 0

tired.js

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 10, 2019, 08:16:43 PM »

I can't believe I don't remember the name of a spaceship racing game with aggressively sensitive controls. I guess you had like 3 ships to compete against or something, the game was very difficult.
Not sure this game was only for Windows, but I played it in a Windows XP box back then. Cool memories.
You guys ever heard of?
I'd appreciate any help immensely.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1837 on: May 14, 2019, 01:54:10 PM »

I'm glad to see this thread is still going strong!
Houdini point and click adventure game, I think you were in an auditorium at some point.
Huh?

jumpkain
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 18, 2019, 08:53:32 AM »

I'm trying to find a free PC game that I think I downloaded from a thread here years ago. I'm not 100% sure, however, since I'm roughly estimating that I played the game in 2005-2008. I searched back through pages and pages of the appropriate boards here, but couldn't find anything - it's possible that I've either missed it, or perhaps I found it somewhere else, since the timeframe doesn't match up with this place all that well (I could have the estimated year wrong, too) - are there any other forums that were running around that time that I could check?

The actual game was 3D, had simple graphics (potentially some kind of "retro filter" over everything?), and consisted of you jumping on blocks in a void to climb higher and reach the end of a path.There were probably 2-3 levels to the game - transitions, I believe, happened when you reached the end of the path, and weren't actually marked by anything. The game was short, and could be beat in less than a half hour, certainly less if you knew what you were doing.

To go into a little more detail about the gameplay, there was a strange wall jump mechanic - or at least I think it was a wall jump, I believe I could only use it up against walls - that seemed to work a bit inconsistently. I didn't quite understand it at the time, but looking back now, maybe you could only use your second jump while you were still traveling upwards from your first one?

I don't remember you having any friction or acceleration - the physics were very simple. I don't think your jumps kept you in the air for long at all. The platforming was simple, static blocks, though - no traps, moving platforms, or anything like that.

I don't remember much about the graphics except that in one of the later parts of the game, you could see a face far off in the distance, probably meant as an easter egg. I think you may have had to stand in a specific spot for it to be visible.

I don't remember if the game had any audio at all.

One other thing that might help this be found (since it's a very vague description of what sounds like a pretty bland game) is another, more striking game by the same developer. It was some sort of 3D game that I'd theme as a "virus" or "corrupted computer" game where you wandered around in a void and read text that appeared above the heads of NPCs. I don't think you actually spoke to them (more like listening to what they were saying?), though there were a couple meta ones that were hard to reach that I think spoke to you that I feel like said something to the extent of "ABORT PROGRAM", or maybe something more creepy and directed at the player. I just remember being unnerved when I found it.

The most striking thing about this second game was that it was like, 80% bright red - to this day, I have no idea if this was due to a rendering issue with the laptop I played the game on, or if it was supposed to be a blinding mess. I'm leaning toward the former, since I don't think graphics were wiped from your view properly when you turned (except sometimes?), resulting in trails of stuff like the Solitaire win animation.

The dev was also working on some kind of game where you slid down a slide that turned along the way, kind of like the ones in Super Mario 64. I think he had a thread up with screenshots of it, and may have even had a screenshot of it as his avatar? I never went back to see anything more on it.

Edit: Found it! It's DRYPOINT: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8241.0
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 09:40:09 AM by jumpkain » Logged
o0Sasori0o
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 20, 2019, 10:03:35 PM »

Hello, I'm trying real hard to find this old mini game (not a big game) I played and enjoyed a lot back in the day (around the 2000s) on PC.

1. It has the exact objective like the Insaniquarium game.

2. However, instead of fish, you're feeding medieval soldiers with potions in the fantasy setting.

3. The game is in a 3D area (you can rotate the camera around).

4. The environments are mostly set in the woods/forests.

5. Character's models are 3D

6. After you're reach the goal of a stage, you move on to the next stage and start the feeding soldiers with potions process all over again.

7. Monster/creatures will jump out to try to eat your soldiers time to time, and you have to click your mouse on them a lot of times to kill them just like in Insaniquarium.

Anyone know about this game?

Thanks in advanced!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic