Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:42:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386046 times)
yuvismahi2
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 30, 2020, 11:23:49 PM »

Last time I played this game (mobile game on android) was in the year 2014 - 2016 so maybe it doesn't exist anymore.

This game was a catoonish strategy/rpg game of wars , you control a character as 3rd person view when you invade other fortresses and you fight with a sword and you do have some abilities as well. You can also control your tiny set of army and strategize against the enemy.

You can go back to your home town and roam around the city. Probably for upgrading, and looking into the next invasion or war.

What was memorable is that there was a princess in the town, it was like a side love story different from the main goal of the game. She has a heart displayed on top of her head that shows how interested she is in you.

Whenever you finish a mission you get the chance to talk to this princess, if you impress her then the hearts increase, and if you don't then they get purple and decrease.

That's as far as I can remember of this game and I haven't progressed much further to give more details.

This game was a head of it's time for sure ... please help me if you know this game !
marcAKAmarc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1881 on: August 05, 2020, 05:09:03 PM »

About 10 years ago, I remember seeing vids and devlogs of this first person shooter / base builder called Love, but then I forgot about it and now I can't search it cause its name is so not search friendly.  Does anyone remember this or know whatever became of it?

More deets:
Solo developer (I think)
Team based base building / combat
Took place on a Spherical mini planet
The whole thing had some crazy graphics going on to make it look like a painting... maybe water colored?
I remember some videos showing off a super cryptic UI.  Maybe it was just dev tools though.
The stylized name may have been preceded by the developer's name.  Like 'Berry Stielson's LOVE' except that isn't it cause I just made that name up.

Huh??

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: August 06, 2020, 06:24:12 AM »

I remember that one. Eskil Steenberg is the developer's name, and this is his website: https://www.quelsolaar.com/#love

marcAKAmarc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1883 on: August 10, 2020, 08:05:57 AM »

I remember that one. Eskil Steenberg is the developer's name, and this is his website: https://www.quelsolaar.com/#love

That's the one!  Thanks!

DrKrakov
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 15, 2020, 04:54:54 AM »

Hey, I was wondering where can I find Minecraft PE Lite edition. It was the first version of Minecraft I actually played, but im not able to find it again.(The first time I played on this version was late 2013)
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1885 on: December 03, 2020, 12:20:50 AM »

Hi everyone,
I can't find the name of this game. All I remember is the promotional art/video.
There is a man running away from tentacles coming from the opposite side.
There are black and red but I'm not sure whether it's the color of the background or the tentacles.
I googled it but found nothing.

Does anyone have the answer?

CptGuapo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: December 22, 2020, 08:10:05 PM »

Hi guys

Need some help to identify two indie games I saw on Twitter a time ago, maybe on Pixel Prospector or something like that. I tried to search on its feed but found nothing, mainly because Twitter limits the history to about six months back... The general search is also a crap, so, I'm here.

One of them is monochromatic, metroidvania/platformer and, in some parts has goofy, humorous, cartoonish graphics, maybe related to related to an animal or vegetables... It has some Gato Roboto vibe, but as far as I can remember, the graphics are more advanced.

The other is a sword fighting versus game with simple gameplay. Its graphics looks like hand-drawing and the goal is to defeat opponents with only one slash, but it's possible to do some blocks. I don't remember if it is b&w too or colored, or if it started as b&w and evolved to color, I really can't recall...

Any help would be great. Thanks.
CptGuapo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: December 24, 2020, 11:31:49 AM »

The other is a sword fighting versus game with simple gameplay. Its graphics looks like hand-drawing and the goal is to defeat opponents with only one slash, but it's possible to do some blocks. I don't remember if it is b&w too or colored, or if it started as b&w and evolved to color, I really can't recall...

Just found this one: It's Two Strikes, by Retro Reactor Games (@dmbarbosa1 on Twitter).

I was checking some recommendations on several profiles on Twitter and a mention to it just popped out.

Now just one to go.
CptGuapo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 11, 2021, 06:20:02 PM »

One of them is monochromatic, metroidvania/platformer and, in some parts has goofy, humorous, cartoonish graphics, maybe related to related to an animal or vegetables... It has some Gato Roboto vibe, but as far as I can remember, the graphics are more advanced.

Got the other, at last. It's Garlic, from Sylph (@SylphArcade on Twitter)

I wasn't being able to find it because, as I said, on the video I watched about it, it was black and white. Now, as its release is near (end of the month), the author decided to apply colors on it...  Lips Sealed  Facepalm

I always put "black and white" terms on the search field, so I couldn't find it at all... Looking for "metroidvania" and digging a lot, finally I spot it.  Well, hello there! Toast Left
Pallante
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 28, 2021, 07:43:07 AM »

Hi I am looking for a football game on the computer that I played when I was a teenager around 2003-2005 but this game was around the early 2000s and the players kinda looks like metal slug prisoners and it was 2d and the game had national teams that you could choose from for example the players from Sweden had a beard and i think viking helmet but i could be wrong. Also it was on the arcade so i think i played on a emulator but i dont remember. So I really want to know what the game is called so I can play it on the computer again. Any help is would be very grateful.
S-nonymous
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: May 04, 2021, 07:33:26 AM »

Hi, I'm a new user here.
There's this game I played back then in years 2010 - 2014 that I remembered very well but alas, I can't Google it.

In the game you play as a girl. Her name is Amanda (or close to that) and she can control magic.
Her friend is being held captive by an antagonist mad scientist.
At the intro, the mad scientist tells her that she was brainwashed, then there's a scene where you can see her grandfather's tombstone, with his name, birth year and 2012 written on it.

Starting the game, you will spawn in front of an old house in which its front door is locked, the first thing you do there is to go to its backyard, finding a well, repairing it, then use it to lift its bucket.
The bucket has 3 symbols written on it, which is used to unlock a nearby door that leads to the old house.

Inside the old house, you unlock the front door from inside, then there's a fireplace in a living room that you have to extinguish by finishing a puzzle.
Once you extinguish it, a 4-button puzzle hidden in it is revealed, whose sequence is then uncovered by heating a teapot and seeing its mist on a mirror.
Finishing that puzzle opens a hatch behind the fireplace which leads to a big observatory.

In the observatory you'll need to find constellations using a telescope placed at the center of the room, each will unlock a certain destination, where you can use a teleport spell.
As far as I remembered 3 of those point to a Stonehenge-like structure, a carnival, and an abandoned fortress/castle.

At the center of the Stonehenge there are 4 slots, each can hold a magical stone. The magical stones can only be seen through a bubble machine which is hidden in the mad scientist's building.

In the carnival there's a mirror puzzle where a laser beam is emitted by a mannequin's eyes which must be reflected towards a target. There's also a whack-a-mole minigame where you must power its circuit up by using a thunder/electric spell.

Meanwhile if you visit the castle you must light up several torches by using a fire spell to access it.

At some point in the game you can access the mad scientist's building. Each corridor is secured by a drone, which you can damage their circuits by using the electric spell. Navigating thru the corridors you can find a room with a safe, which you must melt its lock by creating an acid using 4 test tubes and a petri dish (that puzzle was too hard for me, I always skipped that) and inside of it there's a bubble machine. Using that machine in the building reveals blue footsteps, which leads to Amanda's currently held captive friend (the key can be found later).
In the end you are fighting against the mad scientist's robot using fire, electric and ice spells.

If you recognized this game please notify me ASAP. I missed that game a lot.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:50:21 AM by S-nonymous » Logged
Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1891 on: May 28, 2021, 01:06:08 PM »

Hello, I'm trying to find back a game I played a few years ago (maybe 8y). Can you help me find the url of the game?
- The game is playable in the browser
- It is a puzzle game in 3D isometric
- You have an inventory with different items (yellow people, a tree seed etc...). You select one and you put it in the environement, each turn it levels up. You have to find the right combination so each item can reach the maximum level.

Did you play this game? =]

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
KevinS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 31, 2021, 10:58:13 AM »

That sounds like Grow Cube.

https://www.eyezmaze.com/sp/2016/08/growCube.html
Hyouko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 25, 2021, 07:57:45 AM »

Reviving my ancient account here because I feel like the game I'm looking for might have come from TIGSource originally.

It was a freeware indie game from the mid-2000s (2005-2008ish?). Overhead view, somewhat monochrome Gameboy-ish aesthetic, traversing from room to room in a grid layout like a Zelda 1 dungeon (I think...). I want to say that the enemies had bullet-hell style attacks and the player had an ability to charge and discharge an attack that could capture / absorb the enemy bullets?

I am pretty sure I handed copies of it out on a freeware games CD in 2008 or 2009.  It's not Engage to Jabberwock.  Any guesses as to what it might be?

Update: I found it!  And it still exists on the internet, it seems!  http://www.asceai.net/meritous/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 01:19:04 PM by Hyouko » Logged
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1894 on: January 06, 2023, 08:42:31 AM »

Alright, here's hoping my years of service to this thread will pay off.

There was a freeware solitaire game released in the past 5-10 years that I've been trying to find but with no luck.

I think it was a browser-based game, and it took place in a fake operating system reminiscent of Windows 3.1 or 95. I don't remember the exact rules of the solitaire game, but I think the "twist" was that you could do something like open another window and store a card there.

As for the name, for some reason I think it's some kind of pun on "drag and drop" with "Dragon"... but there's since been one of those trashy f2p TriPeaks mobile games called "Dragon Solitaire" that makes it really hard to search for. Same for "drag and drop solitaire", for obvious reasons.

Does anyone here remember what I'm talking about?

I feel like it was posted on indiegames.com, but of course I can't find anything on archive.org's scrapes of the blog, especially not having a good idea of when this came out.

ETA: It's not Radical Solitaire
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 09:54:59 AM by Tanner » Logged

Denor-DiskFunkt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 28, 2023, 09:58:22 PM »

I remember a indie-dev forum site with, a bit a "admin" drama.

Anyway the game was on someone's portfolio,
on the page of his game
it was some isometric game, with mysterious music...

I wish someone recalls any website with "admin" drama.
The site had to be a itch.io type text fourm.
Denor-DiskFunkt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 28, 2023, 10:07:44 PM »

[img]This was hosted on a few flash sites, maybe even this song.
I know one it was hosted on,

the site was a black background and a part where you can post your own games or projects.

The admins got a lot of "hate"
and some of them were bad, the good ones left.

Anyway, the game had a room-room type layout.
And the floor texture was tiles, full of a flat reflected texture.
The game had no reflection, it as just image based.

I played the game for 4 hours once trying to solve the second level.
The last 15 minutes I turned off the speakers.

The looping music that was driving me mad,
was a mysterious song including acoustic guitar and deep chimes.
Denor-DiskFunkt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 28, 2023, 10:11:28 PM »

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1898 on: March 08, 2023, 09:54:41 AM »

I don't know what forum that is. And the game description could be any point and click game, unfortunately. Anything else about the game itself that you can remember?

Milkovich
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 24, 2023, 12:08:58 AM »

Alright, here's hoping my years of service to this thread will pay off.

There was a freeware solitaire game released in the past 5-10 years that I've been trying to find but with no luck.

I think it was a browser-based game, and it took place in a fake operating system reminiscent of Windows 3.1 or 95. I don't remember the exact rules of the solitaire game, but I think the "twist" was that you could do something like open another window and store a card there.

As for the name, for some reason I think it's some kind of pun on "drag and drop" with "Dragon"... but there's since been one of those trashy f2p TriPeaks mobile games called "Dragon Solitaire" that makes it really hard to search for. Same for "drag and drop solitaire", for obvious reasons.

Does anyone here remember what I'm talking about?

I feel like it was posted on indiegames.com, but of course I can't find anything on archive.org's scrapes of the blog, especially not having a good idea of when this came out.

ETA: It's not Radical Solitaire
I'm not sure about the correct answer, but something tells me that this is Windows 93 Solitaire
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic