Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:59:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96]
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386068 times)
Milkovich
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: October 24, 2023, 12:13:37 AM »

And I’m looking for a game where you have to click on the screen with one black lump to move/fly through all sorts of obstacles, often each level is a different location. All the decor is in black, only the locations (background) are in orange, violet, blue, etc. This lump along the way could catch a bonus, which either speeds up, makes it sticky, or multiplies it or makes it spin. I understand that there are quite a lot of such games, but this one could be played on the phone by several users, like 4 at most, and it seems that it soon appeared on the PC.
EyesProdigy
« Reply #1901 on: October 24, 2023, 01:49:03 AM »

Last time I played this game (mobile game on android) was in the year 2014 - 2016 so maybe it doesn't exist anymore.

This game was a catoonish strategy/rpg game of wars , you control a character as 3rd person view when you invade other fortresses and you fight with a sword and you do have some abilities as well. You can also control your tiny set of army and strategize against the enemy.

You can go back to your home town and roam around the city. Probably for upgrading, and looking into the next invasion or war.

What was memorable is that there was a princess in the town, it was like a side love story different from the main goal of the game. She has a heart displayed on top of her head that shows how interested she is in you.

Whenever you finish a mission you get the chance to talk to this princess, if you impress her then the hearts increase, and if you don't then they get purple and decrease.

That's as far as I can remember of this game and I haven't progressed much further to give more details.

This game was a head of it's time for sure ... please help me if you know this game !
I don’t know if they answered you, but I don’t think I found an answer. So, I think you're saying Knights & Dragons: RPG. Have a nice yoke Smiley
lexicelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: November 06, 2023, 08:34:49 PM »

Platform(s): Mobile game downloaded from the Google Play Store (Played on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini)

Genre: RPG Action/Fight, 2D Side Scroller/Platformer, single player, a few levels full of enemies like slimes then a level with a boss then repeat.

Estimated year of release: It had to have been in the early-mid 2010s. I got my first phone in 2013-14.

Graphics/art style: It had an anime-like art style, but it was not chibi or cute round genshin impact type graphics. The characters felt properly sized and proportioned. Definitely far from smoothly rendered Ori and the Blind forest, but a decent chunk better than pixelated Super Mario Bros. The background of every generic level that I can remember was a very dark forest, and the ground was a dark green with dark green forest-y greenery. I don't remember specifics for what the higher levels looked like.

Notable characters: You could pick from a wizard in a robe, a boy fighter/knight (sword), and a girl archer (bow). I think this basically determined your fighting style for the game. I feel like they were elves, but that could be a trick of the memory. I seem to remember them wearing a lighter green themed outfit. Like robin hood style leggings and a shirt.

Notable gameplay mechanics: Game mechanics started out simply, mostly jump, move (left hand side of screen) and attack (right hand side). In the beginning, you attacked low-level slimes plus other monsters (mummies or zombie like things?) and collected coins plus other items. I clearly remember that the enemies would "notice" you (with a tiny pop up of a yellow exclamation point) if you got too close and run to you. But they could not climb, so often they couldn't reach you due to a drop in terrain. Eventually, after completing a few levels, you'd hit a boss. You had stats with points to distribute, you had to equip your items that had different stats, and then also as you leveled up you could obtain special attacks. I remember fire being one of them. Maybe wind too. There was some sort of "skill tree" for the special attacks. Fire would lead into little missile type fireballs, or one giant one. Wind would lead into a tornado that dealt damage or a pushback. When you used them in game, there was a cool down of a few seconds. I remember getting three equip slots eventually (right hand side of the screen). If you hit the move buttons and the attack buttons in a certain order it would trigger a special, more effective attack.

Other details: The control buttons were circular on either side of the screen. When the coins would drop from monsters, they would be very very small. Tiny. At the end of levels, there would a be chest and you would get items from it. I think that if you replayed levels from the map, there would not be a chest. There MIGHT have been sound that correlated to the character you picked. I do remember that I deleted the app for awhile, and then redownloaded it and it had extra content. I think the map and the skill tree were both new, and the shop was updated. I do not remember any notable story. Although there probably was one, it was also probably forgettable.

I have looked at my download history, and nada. I wonder if they took it down from the store. I have been scouring the internet and cannot find hide nor hair of this game, so I have been wondering if it was a single/independently developed game.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1903 on: November 07, 2023, 04:24:28 AM »

For a moment I thought you were talking about idle slayer. But I don't think it is.

lexicelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 08, 2023, 06:41:10 AM »

idle slayer

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, it isn't idle slayer.. From google images of idle slayer, I would say that the color theme is too light, it looks pretty pixelated, and the character/enemies look quite a bit more cartoony compared to the game I am thinking about.
lexicelt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: November 08, 2023, 07:28:19 AM »

I found it! It was Arcane Soul.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1906 on: November 08, 2023, 07:56:00 AM »

I found it! It was Arcane Soul.

Coffee

Hichem
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 26, 2023, 10:58:44 AM »

Arcane Soul is one of my favorite games, used to play it years ago.  Hand Thumbs Up Left
micla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: January 02, 2024, 08:19:30 PM »

The game you're describing sounds intriguing, but based on the provided details, it's challenging to identify it specifically. Games from that era with unique features and graphics might have limited information available. If you have additional details or if anything else stands out about the game,
MaxLL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 16, 2024, 01:24:09 AM »

I remember one little game, but I don't remember the name. The point of the game was to build a construction on which the ball would hit the target. You are given a playing area and the tools: boards, ropes, springs and even rockets. And it was necessary to build a construction with the help of these devices. And then on this construction the ball had to hit the target.

Does that description remind anyone of the game?
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: February 25, 2024, 05:47:22 AM »

I remember one little game, but I don't remember the name. The point of the game was to build a construction on which the ball would hit the target. You are given a playing area and the tools: boards, ropes, springs and even rockets. And it was necessary to build a construction with the help of these devices. And then on this construction the ball had to hit the target.

Does that description remind anyone of the game?

This sounds like The Incredible Machine (or maybe a game inspired by it that came after?): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Machine
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: February 25, 2024, 05:52:21 AM »

I'm trying to find a freeware (or maybe shareware) Boulder Dash-type game from the past 10-15 years; this has been very annoying to google; I always remember it as "Rock Boshers" but that's absolutely not it.

It has you exploring a large multi-screen space, trying to collect gems (as usual in these games). There's dirt and falling rocks that can crush you; rocks stack vertically but gems don't (they slide off of corners, resulting in a diagonal/triangular pile, which is a really cool little detail).

It was made by a dev who I think has released other games.

You could change the visual style through a range of things (monochrome green+black, ZX Spectrum-style, etc.). You could buy respawns and various other upgrades/items like mines, a drone, a teleport, and IIRC a laser attack.

The hotkey-based menus were a bit archaic; similarly, movement isn't smooth -- things move tile-by-tile rather than pixel-by-pixel; I don't know if it was British, but it gave off "8-bit British PC games" vibes.

IIRC the plot involved you starting with a lot of debt.
It's driving me crazy that I can't remember this! ;-;
Hopefully someone can help. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 01:44:39 PM by raigan » Logged
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 08, 2024, 08:42:38 AM »

update in case anyone missed it: I was thinking of Quarries of Scred https://store.steampowered.com/app/346770/Quarries_of_Scred/
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic