Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 08:25:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385521 times)
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 05:05:31 PM »

Chuck rock 2 : Son of chuck
Thank you SO much! Beer!

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 08:32:01 PM »

this 3d game, for windows, where you drove a car in first person with 2d cockpit, it shot 3d opaque polygon lasers, its graphics kinda sucked (a city at night drenched in yellow lighting with huge yellow flares around street lights), and no it's not redline (you could not get out of car.) played it briefly in July 1999, not seen it since.
Quarantine?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 05:11:36 AM »

The was this browser based game, probably about 6 years old. I think it was all done in flash but the backgrounds were 3d rendered and rotoscoped.

It was kind of an adventure/exploration game where you had to escape an island or something similar. One of the puzzles involved you distacting all the girls in the area so an alien could take pictures of them. Once you finished the game everyone was in a hot tub together.

It was pretty high quality and some of the puzzles were really in depth.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 05:31:08 AM »

The was this browser based game, probably about 6 years old. I think it was all done in flash but the backgrounds were 3d rendered and rotoscoped.

It was kind of an adventure/exploration game where you had to escape an island or something similar. One of the puzzles involved you distacting all the girls in the area so an alien could take pictures of them. Once you finished the game everyone was in a hot tub together.

It was pretty high quality and some of the puzzles were really in depth.

are you certain you were not simply dreaming?

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 05:57:59 AM »

No, shit, I know this game. It's an adult game of sorts. Lemme find it.

EDIT: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/163034 (NSFW)

I don't know why I ever played it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:02:55 AM by Hideous » Logged

increpare
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 06:18:21 AM »

There was this game, mid 90s PC I think.  Set on an alien planet: a sort of top-down adventure game only WITH CARS.  There were, I *think*, three different races (of cars), each with their own language that you would have to figure out.  Lots of very vividly coloured, lush vegetation also.

Any ideas?  I've racked my brains about this one for some time (I've never played it, but saw a review when I was younger).
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 06:49:12 AM »

Here's a weird one. It was the late ninties/early 00's some company produced a game. This game, you played a floating platform with a castle on it. You had three resources, which you used to build up your platform, your castle or build catapults and things. I remember it being a blast, but I have no Idea what it is.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 07:02:58 AM »

Here's a weird one. It was the late ninties/early 00's some company produced a game. This game, you played a floating platform with a castle on it. You had three resources, which you used to build up your platform, your castle or build catapults and things. I remember it being a blast, but I have no Idea what it is.

Netstorm: Islands at war?

was also re-released as freeware years ago, grab it from http://www.netstormhq.com

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
increpare
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 07:09:30 AM »

It doesn't *sound* like netstorm.  However, man, NS was such a cool-feeling game.  It was really hard though Sad
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 07:27:27 AM »

Was it a 3D game that had you "driving" your island through the sky, battling with others?

Tobasco Panda
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 07:57:11 AM »

Was it a 3D game that had you "driving" your island through the sky, battling with others?
Holy carp! If that doesn't exist, someone NEEEEDS to make this game a reality!

Maybe call it Airship 200...
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 08:02:30 AM »

YES!

Also that NetStorm game looks really neat.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 08:16:52 AM »

Ah, I played that game too. Don't have the name in my head currently, but it'll come back.. Hold on!

Gnarf
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 08:18:24 AM »

Stratosphere.
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 08:21:01 AM »

Stratosphere. Bang!

/edit DAMN YOU GNARF

team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 08:27:51 AM »

Thats the one! Thanks guys

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »

Sigh.

Don't judge me.

When I was younger I stumbled across an old DOS (MCGA IIRC) H-Game. Setting, a high school. Object, not sure because I can't read Japanese, but near as I can tell you were trying to get to the upper levels of school. I only got to level 3 myself, which isn't bad considering I had no idea what was going on.

Why I liked the game (no, not for the hand drawn tee-tays) was that the combat mechanic consisted of playing a hand of cards. Certain cards you could block with, certain card you could do a HP attack with, certain cards you could do a special attack with that got stronger the less clothes you had on, and certain cards had a special attack that would rip the clothes off your opponent. I'm not sure, but I think the HP attack got stronger if you hit an opponent who was disrobed.

Seriously, stop looking at me like that.

The point is you could either remove all your opponents clothes for a quick kill, but leave yourself open if they happen to have a special attack in their hand, or you can wear down their HP and hope that you draw the right cards to be able to finish them off. I liked it because it was a really cool dynamic, not because the only ones you ever fought were Japanese school girls.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »

There was this game, mid 90s PC I think.  Set on an alien planet: a sort of top-down adventure game only WITH CARS.  There were, I *think*, three different races (of cars), each with their own language that you would have to figure out.  Lots of very vividly coloured, lush vegetation also.

Any ideas?  I've racked my brains about this one for some time (I've never played it, but saw a review when I was younger).

Vangers?
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2008, 10:33:19 AM »

There was once this game which was on the computer... probably DOS. It was black and white in kind of a Gameboy style IIRC. It was a sidescroller, set in a castle. I think it played out something like a metroidvania - certainly you could get new abilities. Your arm stuck out in front of you and you could tilt it up and down to aim, something like the guns in Worms. At first you could shoot rocks out of your arm and later on you got fireballs.
It was quite open-ended - I remember that I could never beat even a single level, but I could still travel to lots of different areas and fail at them too. It might have been really hard or I might have just been crap at it.
I distinctly remember a part where there was a tiny bump on the floor and if you walked over it, you tripped up and took damage, which was the most annoying thing in the world. There was also a pit that you had to jump over, and if you fell in it you ended up in a different area, a dungeon.
The ultimate goal of the game was to get a collection of magical orbs and put them on pedestals at the center of the castle to get in to the final boss's room.
There was also an area where you got a jetpack, I think.

That one is Dark Castle, or more specifically, Beyond Dark Castle. For the mac. If you have a modern mac, it won't play Beyond Dark Castle without an emulator, but you can buy 'Return to Dark Castle' which came out this year, and features many of the old levels and the same old gameplay. It's an indie title, show it some love.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:59:58 AM by Benzido » Logged
increpare
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »

Vangers?

yes

MUCH MUCH MUCH LOVE TO YOU, BENZIE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic