Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 08:02:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 382618 times)
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »

Vangers?
yes
MUCH MUCH MUCH LOVE TO YOU, BENZIE

It's fun, but it's very very odd and kind of glitchy. It's like underground Elite-on-wheels for sentient caterpillars.
Souseiseki
Level 0

so fackin pised of

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 12:30:15 PM »

this 3d game, for windows, where you drove a car in first person with 2d cockpit, it shot 3d opaque polygon lasers, its graphics kinda sucked (a city at night drenched in yellow lighting with huge yellow flares around street lights), and no it's not redline (you could not get out of car.) played it briefly in July 1999, not seen it since.
Quarantine?
No. Quarantine isn't for windows and doesn't feature 3d opaque polygon lasers or flares.

$
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »

Streets of Sim City?

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2008, 02:15:45 PM »

A game for the SNES(I think) that had unicycles that ran on really obscure tracks. No body was on the unicycles the kinda ran on their own.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
increpare
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2008, 02:19:32 PM »

A game for the SNES(I think) that had unicycles that ran on really obscure tracks. No body was on the unicycles the kinda ran on their own.
uniracers
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 05:17:03 PM by increpare » Logged
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »

Uniracers was SO AWESOME

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2008, 02:32:03 PM »

Uniracers was SO AWESOME

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »

Yay! Thanks increpare.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
The-Imp
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2008, 05:26:52 PM »

I forget, but all I remember was a weird head waving its hand at me...

I was like 4, so it scared the living hell outta me.
 Sad
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2008, 05:44:35 PM »

Hmm, oldish vertical scrolling shmup for Not Mac (not sure if it was for DOS or Windows), I remember a huge mothership boss on a reddish background, periodically exposed weak spots, possibly real time upgrades (i.e. pickups), and called maybe Captain something or Commander something.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:01:22 PM by Rory » Logged
increpare
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 05:49:09 PM »

I forget, but all I remember was a weird head waving its hand at me...
What you said reminded me of the boss at the end of this warioland level:

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GB-GBC/WarioLand-SuperMarioLand3-StoveCanyon-CourseNo25.png

it's not the answer you were looking for, but it took some concentration to figure out exactly what I was reminded of.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:11:49 PM by increpare » Logged
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »

warioland was notorious for its vgmaps.com product placement

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2008, 04:04:12 AM »

Dark Castle! Thanks Benzido!

Sad I don't have a Mac though.

Labbed
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »

I remember this isometric puzzle game for PC where you played as some purple thing with big ears sliding around on a big downwards-facing screwdriver.
There were unscrewed screws all over each stage and you had to screw them all in place in order to complete a stage. And you had to avoid enemies. I think there might have been other tools too, like a hammer or something.
The music was MIDI and the graphics were pre-rendered 3D. I think the game is about ten years old.

The purpose of Hadoukens is to block other Hadoukens.
LabChirp! | SASOD!
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2008, 11:59:53 AM »

I once saw a rolling demo of a game running on an Atari ST, that I have always wanted to find but never could.

Here is what I remember: the game is an isometric action/puzzle game where you are a little robot like Johnny 5 or Wall-E. In the level I was looking at, these big spinning tiles dropped down from the ceiling and punched holes in the floor. There was a lot going on onscreen.
azeo
Level 1

Blank slate!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2008, 02:51:23 PM »

Is it okay if I hijack this thread for movies?

I'm trying to remember this movie (I think Russian) I once read about. Apparently it is really famous, I think, and concerns a poor Russian man (Whom I think is a clockmaker) who wants to move to America to live with his brother (or son or something) and somehow ends up befriending a prostitute and another man, and committing a murder. He then goes to America with his new friends, and they become even poorer and the women goes back in prostitution and the man ends up killing himself at a fair after putting all his change into clockwork machines.

I think it may be connected to tale of tales somehow

Help please?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2008, 06:58:39 PM »

I remember this spectrum game where you were in charge of a (space?) station and had to repel an alien invasion or sthg like that.
It played as an adventure game as you had to move between rooms where you could adjust station parameters and use weapons. There might have been some action phases.
I had nice graphics. The room were presented in first person view (like a graphical adventure game)

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2008, 09:03:35 PM »

I remember this isometric puzzle game for PC where you played as some purple thing with big ears sliding around on a big downwards-facing screwdriver.
There were unscrewed screws all over each stage and you had to screw them all in place in order to complete a stage. And you had to avoid enemies. I think there might have been other tools too, like a hammer or something.
The music was MIDI and the graphics were pre-rendered 3D. I think the game is about ten years old.
I remember this game!

... not the name though.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2008, 11:13:56 AM »

I remember this game!

... not the name though.

i remember it to... was a shareware and it was a sort of pacman clone. mmmmmmhh.. i don't remember the name right now

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2008, 05:31:02 PM »

I remember this spectrum game where you were in charge of a (space?) station and had to repel an alien invasion or sthg like that.
It played as an adventure game as you had to move between rooms where you could adjust station parameters and use weapons. There might have been some action phases.
I had nice graphics. The room were presented in first person view (like a graphical adventure game)
It was Psytron . Thanks for nothing TIGSOURCE.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic