Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 12:20:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385822 times)
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2008, 06:20:03 AM »

I remember this spectrum game where you were in charge of a (space?) station and had to repel an alien invasion or sthg like that.
It played as an adventure game as you had to move between rooms where you could adjust station parameters and use weapons. There might have been some action phases.
I had nice graphics. The room were presented in first person view (like a graphical adventure game)
It was Psytron . Thanks for nothing TIGSOURCE.
We're sorry moi.  Cry We'll try harder next time.

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2008, 06:37:10 AM »

no worries :D

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2008, 12:57:14 PM »

I remember this spectrum game where you were in charge of a (space?) station and had to repel an alien invasion or sthg like that.
It played as an adventure game as you had to move between rooms where you could adjust station parameters and use weapons. There might have been some action phases.
I had nice graphics. The room were presented in first person view (like a graphical adventure game)
That's the problem with a bunch of youngins on a forum.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2008, 04:40:18 PM »

Got another one for you bunch of Esteemed Gentlefolk. I'm REALLY vague on the details, though - I fear much of the reality has merged with imagination, and possibly other games as well. Take it as it is, though. Key points in bold, for speed readers out there.

Played it at an arcade many a year ago (erm, that would be sometime in the early 90's) and in retrospect, it strikes me as something like a mix between Bubble Bobble and Buster Bros., but with less agility (you may have been restricted to the ground floor, and the enemies poured down from the top). You played for... soldiers, or dudes with some form of gun(/torch?), and you could shoot forward or upward. I think you shot out a beam of Light, or a laser of some variant. Enemies crumbled when you shot them - there were a few kinds, but I distinctly remember little round hairy dudes who walked around, kind of like an angry, low res Braid Enemy. That's all I've got, I'm afraid. Any ideas? The answer's probably disappointing, but it's been bugging me for years.
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2008, 02:25:35 AM »

That's the problem with a bunch of youngins on a forum.
Should we get off your lawn?

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »

I once saw a rolling demo of a game running on an Atari ST, that I have always wanted to find but never could.

Here is what I remember: the game is an isometric action/puzzle game where you are a little robot like Johnny 5 or Wall-E. In the level I was looking at, these big spinning tiles dropped down from the ceiling and punched holes in the floor. There was a lot going on onscreen.

Being an ST game, I feel like this should be in my territory. However, I've had a look through Mobygames' list of isometric ST games, and I can't find anything that fits. Get Dexter/Crafton & Xunk has something that looks a bit Wall-E-esque, but it's not the main character. It wasn't something like Spindizzy or Treasure Trap, was it?

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Cray
Level 0

can't upload an avatar :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2008, 06:45:08 PM »

There's a game I remember I've been trying to think of the name of:

- Starts off with getting off a boat, someone offers you a tour of the town
- There are two newbie dungeons. One is the sewers system or poor people area that was kinda boring. The other is an island where there are skeletons walking around who ask you something based on a little wheel thing that came with the game. And inside some fort on the same island is a battle with like 40 goblins at once.

I'm pretty sure it was an RPG, but other than that, no idea. Definitely older than the playstation. Smiley

▓█▓ rpg maker vx
▓█▓ cemetery manager
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »

There's a game I remember I've been trying to think of the name of:

- Starts off with getting off a boat, someone offers you a tour of the town
- There are two newbie dungeons. One is the sewers system or poor people area that was kinda boring. The other is an island where there are skeletons walking around who ask you something based on a little wheel thing that came with the game. And inside some fort on the same island is a battle with like 40 goblins at once.

I'm pretty sure it was an RPG, but other than that, no idea. Definitely older than the playstation. Smiley
redguard?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2008, 01:07:59 PM »

[...] kind of like an angry, low res Braid Enemy.

...ok i'm sorry  Embarrassed

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2008, 04:14:47 PM »

SO YOU SHOULD BE
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2008, 09:26:39 PM »

Being an ST game, I feel like this should be in my territory. However, I've had a look through Mobygames' list of isometric ST games, and I can't find anything that fits. Get Dexter/Crafton & Xunk has something that looks a bit Wall-E-esque, but it's not the main character. It wasn't something like Spindizzy or Treasure Trap, was it?

Hmm, it wasn't spindizzy, and Get Dexter and Treasure Trap don't seem shiny enough. Maybe my memory of it has become warped.
Cray
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 10:21:48 PM »

Quote from: moi
redguard?

Nope, thanks tho! (Never heard of that one, added it to my list to look at later) Turns out it was the original Pools of Radiance

▓█▓ rpg maker vx
▓█▓ cemetery manager
Souseiseki
Level 0

so fackin pised of

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2008, 03:18:36 AM »

Streets of Sim City?
Nope, too early, but similar 'height grid' terrain style though (wasn't like a heightmap with smooth terrain, it was entirely concave)
I remember this isometric puzzle game for PC where you played as some purple thing with big ears sliding around on a big downwards-facing screwdriver.
There were unscrewed screws all over each stage and you had to screw them all in place in order to complete a stage. And you had to avoid enemies. I think there might have been other tools too, like a hammer or something.
The music was MIDI and the graphics were pre-rendered 3D. I think the game is about ten years old.
This one is called Gubble, and apparently, there is an HD anniversary edition!

$
increpare
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2008, 03:29:09 AM »

I remember this isometric puzzle game for PC where you played as some purple thing with big ears sliding around on a big downwards-facing screwdriver.
There were unscrewed screws all over each stage and you had to screw them all in place in order to complete a stage. And you had to avoid enemies. I think there might have been other tools too, like a hammer or something.
The music was MIDI and the graphics were pre-rendered 3D. I think the game is about ten years old.
This one is called Gubble, and apparently, there is an HD anniversary edition!

Oh gosh! I remember that game.  HAH.
The-Imp
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »

Also, a PC game, something about cute monsters, then ugly monsters, then fighting...
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2008, 07:38:48 AM »

Also, a PC game, something about cute monsters, then ugly monsters, then fighting...

... Pokémon.. on an emulator?

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2008, 12:52:35 PM »

Oh man, I'm so glad this thread exists because I have a legitimate game mystery that has been haunting me for years.

So I remember playing this game in 3rd and 4th grade at school, which would put us at 1996 or so. It was a really open ended game about marine ecology or more specifically what fish eat what. You could choose to play as any fish in the game and you would swim around and eat fish smaller than you, unless you were something that at plankton in which case you went around eating plankton and sea cucumbers. I remember the graphics being really detailed and vibrant (but im sure if I played it again now it would look like crap). There was also a faux-campaign, where you started off as the smallest organism (i'm pretty sure it was a sea cucumber or a crab or something) and you had to survive and eat and work your way up the food chain.

I think it was the first sandbox game I ever played and it made a huge impression on me. I've searched through tons of abandonware and all the old educational software I can find to try and figure out its name, but so far I have turned up nothing.

Anyone else remember this game or did I just dream it up>
Cray
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2008, 03:29:13 PM »

I know I've heard of that game mrfred. Never tried it myself and no names are ringing a bell. Have you checked Evo or Evolution?

▓█▓ rpg maker vx
▓█▓ cemetery manager
The-Imp
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2008, 03:33:36 PM »

... Pokémon.. on an emulator?
Naw... I mean like... Real-time fighting, like Street-Fighter, Tekken, DOA (Not the super sexy beach spinoff Well, hello there!) etc., etc..
Gnarf
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2008, 03:34:09 PM »

Battle Beast?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic