Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:29:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386138 times)
Tenderfoot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 10, 2012, 07:00:27 AM »

Oh, I know that game.

, made by Hundley (programmed by GZ, iirc) at GamingW (now SaltW)

PS: You played a frying pan  Wizard

YES THANK YOU!!!!!!!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 10, 2012, 07:36:09 AM »

k guys i'm looking for a japan-only snes (super famicom if youre feeling weeaboo) game that has some *frappant* similarities to link to the past except you play as an indiana jones type character with a gun.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 10, 2012, 07:45:49 AM »

Ok, this is a half-remembered one from my childhood, so it might be made up.

NES game
The gameplay was sort of similar to Legend of Zelda, in that you would go from screen to screen, clearing out enemies, fighting bosses, and finding the occasional secret.  Graphically, it reminds me sort of Super Bomberman (the character and enemies were sort of a 3/4 side view, the blocks were more of a top-down perspective).  I think you were a Ninja and things had a sort of Japanese flair, but I could be misremembering.

Thoughts?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 10, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »

tower of druaga?
gauntlet?
jut754
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 10, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »

Logged in here just to ask this. Recently saw a video demo of a game. The gist of the game is that you are a spy of some sort and you are required to break into a building. You can jump through windows and attack guards and such but the most interesting game play element is that you can earn an ability in which you can access the circuits of the building and re-route switches and such (if a guard presses and light switch they will instead activate the elevator). The game was very recent and may not even be available yet but I cant for the life of me remember the name of the game. Any ideas?
Waltorious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 10, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »

Logged in here just to ask this. Recently saw a video demo of a game. The gist of the game is that you are a spy of some sort and you are required to break into a building. You can jump through windows and attack guards and such but the most interesting game play element is that you can earn an ability in which you can access the circuits of the building and re-route switches and such (if a guard presses and light switch they will instead activate the elevator). The game was very recent and may not even be available yet but I cant for the life of me remember the name of the game. Any ideas?

This one is called Gunpoint, and it's being developed by Tom Francis, a writer for PC Gamer.  It's not out yet, but I'm sure there'll be an announcement on TIGSource when it's released.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 10, 2012, 01:16:35 PM »

tower of druaga?
gauntlet?
Nope and nope (had to look up Druaga).  The screen didn't scroll, it was just screen after screen after screen.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 10, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »

uhm ok.. hydlide? little ninja brothers?

could it have been a gameboy game? there's a ninja themed zelda clone for the gameboy called ninja taro.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:07:30 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 11, 2012, 05:55:42 AM »

I think it might be Little Ninja Brothers.
Screenshots like:

look like what I remember. Thanks!
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 11, 2012, 07:22:43 AM »

I think it might be Little Ninja Brothers.
Screenshots like:
look like what I remember. Thanks!

There were a ton of games made in that series, so potentially it's not that exact one but a similar title: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Chinese
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: February 12, 2012, 04:29:33 AM »

Yeah, looking at it I think it might actually be Super Chinese err Kung Fu Heroes. Thanks so much.
simplisticpc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 15, 2012, 05:10:49 AM »

Ok this has been driving me nutz. Angry  There is this one pc puzzle game i remember playing years ago that had  these squares that what looked like colored fuses on each side and you rotated them to make a chain of color and then they would explode disappear or something and if you did this fast enough or enough times or even a big chain the computer would say in a voice "Chain reaction"

I know i'm asking alot but i just can not find this game again i used to have it on another computer but HD fried and now cant seem to find it on the internet.

so please help me before i go insane Addicted
Painting
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 15, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »

Guys, I have some serious problems.

Japanese indie shmup from several years back, maybe 2010 at the absolute latest. Almost entirely black and white graphics with simple line drawings. The unique thing about it it's a crossbreed between normal shmup gameplay and the WarioWare games - every few seconds, you're hit with a random shmup-style action to perform, from killing a couple of enemies to collecting items to breaking down an oncoming wall. I remember it being very difficult and kind of aggravating, but I was much younger when I played it, so it might have just been me sucking.

I should find it in a little bit here (I'm sure it's somewhere in my circus of junk hard drives and USB dongles), but if anyone remembers it, 'twould be helpful!

Found it: Made in Wired.
Biffleur
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 16, 2012, 01:21:55 PM »

Hello

So I had played a game about 1 year ago maybe it was a demo I guess, it's an indie game which is a puzzle-platformer where you control 2 characters, a boy and a girl. The graphics looked a bit like spelunky. Anyone remember it?
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #754 on: February 16, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »

It doesn't look like Spelunky, but you might mean Treasure Treasure.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:54:12 PM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Biffleur
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 16, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »

Nope it's not that, but the mechanics are the same, switching characters etc. Thanks nevertheless
Ichigo Jam
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 17, 2012, 08:05:39 AM »

Possibly Wyv and Keep?
Biffleur
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 17, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »

Yes it's that, thanks a lot!

Wait it's not out yet...
Kabuterimon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 18, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »

A while back i played either a demo or free to play game on a friends ps3, you chose to be red or blue i think, and then you chose a class and defended your tower while people on the other team attacked and vice versa. It was medieval themed and.......that's basically all i remember haha. it was a really fun little pvp game
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #759 on: February 18, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »

A while back i played either a demo or free to play game on a friends ps3, you chose to be red or blue i think, and then you chose a class and defended your tower while people on the other team attacked and vice versa. It was medieval themed and.......that's basically all i remember haha. it was a really fun little pvp game

Fat Princess?

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic