Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:52:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 385440 times)
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: October 17, 2012, 05:16:13 PM »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/TerryCavanagh_B/heros-adventure

??

give me profit
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 17, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »

You spoiled the ending. Sad
michaeljanzen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 17, 2012, 06:02:45 PM »

i love you all, thx thx
blahman179
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 17, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »

Edit: It was "Metro Siberia."

Edit edit: I got another one.

There's actually 2 I need, I played both in school at the end of computer class:

The first was a point and click adventure game about some blue(?) creatures getting stranded on an island, or trying to escape from an island or something like that and you had to guide them out.

I never made it past the first level, which, if I remember right, was a cave-like plade, MAYBE a building, but I'm not sure.

It was pre-rendered, so it looked nice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoombinis:_Island_Odyssey

The second was a platformer, where you went around collecting parts to vehicles like wheels, fiberglass bodies, motors and batteries. Once you collected the parts, you would beat an opponent in a race with your vehicle.

It was Gizmo's and Gadgets:

http://ow.ly/ezbuB

Thanks a million!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:45:19 PM by blahman179 » Logged
Saker
« Reply #904 on: October 17, 2012, 07:59:15 PM »

Ok here's a game I don't remember much about, used to play it in the early 00's, you control a hover(?) tank, in a sci-fi-ish setting, lasers and automatic turrets and shit, it was mission-based, although very linear, you engage in battles with other vehicles and maybe robots (not sure) in open spaces, there was a shore so it was probably an island.

I remember one area of what looked like the enemy's fortress protected with laser gates, and you have to destroy a generator or something to bypass it.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #905 on: October 17, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »

probably "incoming" from rage software

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
blahman179
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 17, 2012, 08:46:18 PM »

Oh Gez I loved this game on the Dreamcast!

It might not be the one he's looking for, but you've reminded me of another game I need to pick up.
Saker
« Reply #907 on: October 17, 2012, 09:58:14 PM »

yeah not that one, in this game you can only control one vehicle (the tank thing), not even sure if it was customizable, but thanks man. Ninja
Brad811
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 18, 2012, 05:50:34 AM »

It was Gizmo's and Gadgets:

http://ow.ly/ezbuB

Ah holy crap! I used to play this game all the time! I totally forgot about that.

I've got two I can't remember.

One is some game where you were a kid and left your house, but if you didn't get back before dark you got in trouble. I also remember you could get a cut and then had to get a band-aid from home. It seems like it was first person perspective.

Now this one's been bugging me. Partially because it's so similar to so many games it's hard to describe distinctly. It was a dungeon crawler. You'd start out in this GUI screen that was like the town or something. There was a seer you could pay a lot of money to do something. I remember that it worked by going room to room with a click (like NESW). Sometimes when you entered a room you'd encounter an enemy. I remember there being kobolds, which made a weird noise when you encountered them. I also remember there being some dark figure at the lower levels of the dungeon.
I really wish I could remember something more distinctive about it...

Orz
Level 1

"When nothing is done, nothing is left undone."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #909 on: October 18, 2012, 07:02:25 AM »

Here's a stumper...I played an educational game in middle school where you controlled a fish over the course of several seasons.  You had to swim around, eat smaller fish, and surface or dive to avoid various hazards (there was a pike that would eat you if you swam too deep, and a hawk that would catch you if you swam too high).  I think it was turn-based, monochrome, and ran on an early Apple computer.  In the same computer lab we had KidPix and SimAnt, so that should give you an idea of the time period.
cthu
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 21, 2012, 06:14:16 AM »

Hey guys, I found a screenshot of a game I played (I think) this year. It was some sort of a card based rpg with awesome design, please take a look:

I think it was either web based or a pc game.

Image based searches failed, so I'd appreciate if any of you know the title,
thanks!
ArcoT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 21, 2012, 11:18:05 PM »

There was this 2D platformer where you conroled an Italian Chef. You had to grab pizza and avoid pitfalls. It was one of the first games i ever played. It's a really old DOS game.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »

I played this one in my first computer:

- Native Windows (95 I think?)
- Like Descent, but set in space, where you roam around in spaceships, killing robots.
- Had cool light effects
- Had (I believe) 6DOF
- Your ship had the gun visible, so it kind of looked like a shooter, because the turret was on the bottom of the screen.

Oh, man... I almost remember the name of that thing...

Yeah.
Waltorious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 22, 2012, 09:31:29 AM »

Here's a stumper...I played an educational game in middle school where you controlled a fish over the course of several seasons.  You had to swim around, eat smaller fish, and surface or dive to avoid various hazards (there was a pike that would eat you if you swam too deep, and a hawk that would catch you if you swam too high).  I think it was turn-based, monochrome, and ran on an early Apple computer.  In the same computer lab we had KidPix and SimAnt, so that should give you an idea of the time period.

Sounds like Odell Lake to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odell_Lake_%28video_game%29
biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 22, 2012, 09:53:35 AM »

@eyeliner
Sounds like

, except for that visible gun.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: October 22, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »

Cannot remember this. Scouring old indiegames blogs and can't find it.

I know it was a pixel-art platformer, which narrows it down a tiny bit.

I think you started out in a village. At some point you revisited the village to go into a house or lighthouse, and then in there you entered some catacombs of sorts. Outside the village was a jungle...I think...and then some sort of castle-y thing, and at the far end was this open desert at evening or night.

There was some osrt of gliding powerup. I just remember the game was very mysterious from what I felt at the time, but I Can't find it.

play hydlide 2
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #916 on: October 22, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »

Treasure Adventure Game?

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 22, 2012, 07:59:27 PM »

Treasure Adventure Game?

nope, but thanks! It felt very dream-like and I don't think the music was as cheery.

--

EDIT

though now that i thhink about it, i'm fairly sure there was chest-opening involved.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:22:32 PM by seagaia » Logged

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 22, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »

found it

treasure hunter man. close name. I wonder how i'll like it now

http://indiegames.com/2008/10/freeware_game_pick_treasure_hu.html#disqus_thread

play hydlide 2
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #919 on: October 22, 2012, 10:30:48 PM »

There was this MSDOS game, platformer, where you were a snowman, and, at the end, it gave you a image with him on vacation or something sipping a drink I think it might have had an umbrella in it (the drink), and, he could have been melting. No, wait when you got hit enough you melted, I think.

I was like 5 when I last played this game and I can't find it. I have searched all the MS DOS ROM sites i could find  Beg

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic