Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:03:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386177 times)
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #940 on: November 06, 2012, 04:13:01 AM »

you played as a bipedal droid thing and ran around and shot other droids. (I use the term "droids" because I am pretty sure that is how they were referred to in the game) That is pretty much all I remember.

This was a top-down game, but could it be Paradroid 90, the Amiga and Atari ST version of Paradroid for the C64? The C64 version was, in my opinion, the best game for the C64 and one of the greatest games ever made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradroid

http://www.lemonamiga.com/?game_id=818
http://au.gamespot.com/paradroid-90/
http://www.giantbomb.com/paradroid-90/61-8589/
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #941 on: November 06, 2012, 05:33:51 AM »

Hmm, don't think that was it - fairly certain it was side-scrolling. That game looks pretty cool though! And thanks anyway :p

olücæbelel
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: November 06, 2012, 05:52:41 AM »

Hmm, don't think that was it - fairly certain it was side-scrolling. That game looks pretty cool though! And thanks anyway :p

Darn. I knew it failed the platform/side-scrolling criteria, but the rest seemed so close that I thought I'd better mention it.

Paradroid 90 was a gorgeous game, as with so many Amiga games, and vastly superior graphics-wise to the C64 Paradoid. However, I always felt it was inferior gameplay-wise. 742s will always use disruptors in my heart.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 06, 2012, 06:19:16 AM »

maybe its this:
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st-droid_9180.html

paradroid rules btw
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:44:21 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #944 on: November 06, 2012, 08:00:51 AM »

or this

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:14:59 AM by moi » Logged

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #945 on: November 06, 2012, 08:15:11 AM »

Also, just remembered this one, more famous:

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #946 on: November 07, 2012, 02:44:54 AM »

Turns out it was this one! My google-fu is weak. Honestly, I swear I tried searching for that and nothing showed up Tired

At least, I think that's the one, from the few scant screenshots I could find. Could also have been the sequel, Droid 2, which apparently exists.

olücæbelel
antoniodamala
« Reply #947 on: November 13, 2012, 07:38:54 AM »

A simple strategy PC game where you had a japanese gangster crew, and you have to kill the other 3 japanese gangs. You play on a map with 4 kinds of buffs, each one is represented by an ace from card games. And each gangster has one trait, like deploys faster do more damage,etc.
That's all i can remember :~~

Martoon
Level 0

Derp!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #948 on: November 14, 2012, 03:16:27 PM »

Apple II, fixed-screen space shooter (like Galaga, Falcon, Space Invaders, etc.).  I think you were only attacked by a couple things at a time, not big formations like Galaga.

The thing that stands out in my memory is that one of the enemies was made with brightly colored spheres/discs, somewhat reminiscent of Spathi ships (but not looking exactly like that), and when you shot it, it exploded into the individual colored discs.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #949 on: November 14, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »

A simple strategy PC game where you had a japanese gangster crew, and you have to kill the other 3 japanese gangs. You play on a map with 4 kinds of buffs, each one is represented by an ace from card games. And each gangster has one trait, like deploys faster do more damage,etc.

This sounds interesting... any more info? DOS or Windows? Was it top-down, turn-based strategy? Was it a Japanese-made game?
antoniodamala
« Reply #950 on: November 14, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »

This sounds interesting... any more info? DOS or Windows? Was it top-down, turn-based strategy? Was it a Japanese-made game?

Isometric, real time, windows, and i'm 90% sure it was japanese. Oh and by japanese gangster i mean like these guys
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 14, 2012, 10:50:01 PM »

This is a game idea I had last year that I haven't capitalized on yet. What you wrote is basically the overview paragraph on my notepad.

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
Jameswa
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 16, 2012, 02:42:55 AM »

There was this game I used to play years ago and I am desperate to find it but remember very little about it.
It was an online (in-browser) game with an over-head view. The colours were greeny browns and there were little creatures (robots? droids?) that sort of moved all over the place and in the top right corner enemies would appear and possibly shoot out (?). I also seem to remember needing to feed (?) the droids/robot things. There was a sort of barrier line thing running down the middle (lava maybe?). I know this doesn't sound like it makes sense but I am desperate to find this game.
Zygoatsalami
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #953 on: November 20, 2012, 10:55:58 AM »

Apple II, fixed-screen space shooter (like Galaga, Falcon, Space Invaders, etc.).  I think you were only attacked by a couple things at a time, not big formations like Galaga.

The thing that stands out in my memory is that one of the enemies was made with brightly colored spheres/discs, somewhat reminiscent of Spathi ships (but not looking exactly like that), and when you shot it, it exploded into the individual colored discs.
Are you sure it was on an Apple II. This sounds a lot, to me, like Kiloblaster for DOS.
http://image.dosgamesarchive.com/screenshots/kiloblaster3.gif
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 25, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »

I'm trying to find a sci-fi roguelike, possibly in alpha/beta, where you start in a room that's mostly full of destructible boxes. I can't really remember much other than it had a tutorial where you went through various rooms and it introduced you to e.g how to throw a grenade.

I think one of the common enemies near the start was some sort of alien centipede/millipede.

The only other thing I can remember is that your stats/etc. were shown on the right side of the screen, playfield on left.

I've gone through RogueBasin's list of sci-fi roguelikes and no luck Sad
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #955 on: November 25, 2012, 10:33:31 AM »

did you have a machine gun in that game?

raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 25, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »

gha, forget it -- despite looking for it over two days, of COURSE the instant I post here I find it: http://xeno.chaosforge.org/

doh.

(also it's nothing like what I remember, but I'm pretty sure it's the same game)

Sergi
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #957 on: November 25, 2012, 02:08:55 PM »

Okay, let's see if any one of you knows the game I've been looking for forever. I think I'm pretty good with google searches, and I've never been able to find anything.

It was a Win95 or Win98 windowed game, from 1997 to 1999 I'd guess. Similar to Bomberman, there were 4 players (you plus 3 cpu, I think you could play with a friend too), each one started at one of the corners of the screen. The camera didn't move. The characters were like wizards or mages or witches (I think), with the cone-like hat and everything. They were the same sprites, but different colors, i think blue, red, violet and green.

You could drop bombs that exploded in a circular way (not just horizontally+vertically like Bomberman), with one of those horrible stock explosion sounds that I think you can still hear every now and then in shitty videos and games.

There were these square blocks, bigger than the characters, which you could either push or destroy with the bombs. Pushing a block onto another player would kill him. Some blocks were walls, static and indestructible.

The goal was to kill all other players. Destroying blocks also gave you some score, I think.

I'm pretty sure the game came from one of those 50-in-1 discs, since I didn't buy many games back then, and I didn't have internet yet.

I just made a quick mockup (really shitty, and shamelessly using the wizard emoticon from here  Wizard )

The character sprites were better than that (but not much), and the blocks I distinctly remember to be similar to that. It run in a typical Win95/98 window.

I don't have any hopes of finding this, but what the hell Smiley

donhilo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 26, 2012, 11:53:50 AM »

I have one game that maybe is common but I can't find it anywhere.

It was a top-down military shooter maybe made by Konami that had bonus stages where you had to crawl under barbed wire.

You also could ride some snow vehicles and use a flamethrower. When you finished a level you heard "Mission Accomplished!"

¿anyone remember there?
Martoon
Level 0

Derp!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: November 27, 2012, 08:49:59 PM »

Are you sure it was on an Apple II. This sounds a lot, to me, like Kiloblaster for DOS.
http://image.dosgamesarchive.com/screenshots/kiloblaster3.gif
Nope, it was definitely Apple II.  It was the summer of '85 when I was playing it (guess I should have mentioned that), and I was staying with a guy that had an Apple II.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic